Price discrepancies on WDW site! What am I missing?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
After reading another post, I decided to check the calculations on the WDW website for a package, vs. individual components. Here's what I found...
2 adults, 8 nights (Oct 15-23) Coronado Springs
+ 7 day base tickets (x2)
+ dining option. (x2)
When I put all of those together, the quote for a package is: $2,306

Here's the pkg. quote for the same scenario with just room and tickets (no dining option): $1746 (The difference between the price with and w/o the dining is $560 - which comes to the exact price of the dining option @ $35 pp.

HOWEVER...

If I put in room only, the quote is: $1329.12 (includes tax)
Tickets only: 2 x 7 day base ticket, $211.94 (includes tax)
Added together the total for room and tickets bought separately is: $1753.06

After much research, I've been told that if you book a pkg. you are paying rack rate. Ok, but even assuming the rack pricing for the room ($166 per night with tax included)- if you add 7 day base tickets, and 2 x $35 pp for the dining option, the cost of this pkg. SHOULD be: $1822

Wow, this is a $484 difference! How do they justify the discrepancies in cost? How can they say the dining option is only $35 per person? This just doesn't add up. What am I missing?

DUH....my mistake - was adding only $70 for dining option NOT $70 x 8! THAT's what I was missing! :teacher:

Are you taking the dining option at $35/pp/day or just adding $70. With the room rate and base ticket price you quote, I get $2243 with the dining package-which with $35/pp x7 days x2 people is $490.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter