President's Day Weekend Worries

sowetanamerican

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
I'll be staying at Royal Pacific and heading to IOA/UO on Friday/Saturday/Sunday for the weekend and have been reading wayyy too much stuff about crazy crowds. I'm aware that it is going to be very busy -- I'm just looking for some advice to keep my parents and the older folks in our group a bit calm around the crowds. Any suggestions?

Not sure I can help you but maybe others can. Can you clarify… Will your parents and the older ones be going on rides? Or are you looking to entertain them in other ways?

I would have reservations for at least one meal a day. That’s what we’re doing for Spring Break. Also, if they are coffee drinkers make sure that they know where the Starbucks is in each park. Those two things are what we do to help deal with crowds.

Not sure I can help you but maybe others can. Can you clarify… Will your parents and the older ones be going on rides? Or are you looking to entertain them in other ways?

thank you for the quick response! My parents enjoy rides. They’ve been before but probably 5-7 years ago. They’re not ones to be annoyed about not being able to go on things but I can also already hear the “there are sooo many people here” kind of comments. Even though we’ll have express pass with the room keys. Just trying to create a positive environment despite the crowds.

I would have reservations for at least one meal a day. That’s what we’re doing for Spring Break. Also, if they are coffee drinkers make sure that they know where the Starbucks is in each park. Those two things are what we do to help deal with crowds.
Love the Starbucks idea. And I dont know why I haven’t even thought about dinner reservations for this part of the trip after booking ADRs at Disney. We have often gone to Margaritaville, NBA (when it was there), etc on city walk. Any suggestions for somewhere to make a reservation?

It really depends on what you like. We have reservations at Toothsome, Cowfish, Finnegan’s and Confisco Grille. The last one is the only one we haven’t tried before. Toothsome is our favorite.

It really depends on what you like. We have reservations at Toothsome, Cowfish, Finnegan’s and Confisco Grille. The last one is the only one we haven’t tried before. Toothsome is our favorite.

thank you! time to start research.
If it matters at adrs are: Sanaa, Cali ( but thinking about changing to flying fish if I can get it), Boathouse, Toledo.

can also already hear the “there are sooo many people here” kind of comments. Even though we’ll have express pass with the room keys. Just trying to create a positive environment despite the crowds.
Appears you are doing disney first. Smart, when we do it 2nd it stings just a bit to think back on enjoying the inclusive FoTL perk earlier in the trip

No matter the crowd size at U-MLK, the FoTL perk will speed you on your way.
If the crowd size gets too much for your parents’ comfort level, they can easily & quickly return to your resort & relax

its Been very crowded at WDW every visit we’ve made since 9/20 btw. Lots of pent up demand

I would keep the reservation at Cali. No way would I attempt to watch the fireworks from inside MK with the crowds the way they are now. We're going to UO/IOA in April and I have reservations at Cowfish, Toothsome, Mythos and Confisco. I figure our kids might want to go for quick service instead sometimes but the reports of long lines for food back in the Summer spooked me. Even if they've resolved their staffing issues demand isn't going to go down and having a place to get away from the crowds has saved my sanity at WDW during Xmas week.

Hey all,
I'll be staying at Royal Pacific and heading to IOA/UO on Friday/Saturday/Sunday for the weekend and have been reading wayyy too much stuff about crazy crowds. I'm aware that it is going to be very busy -- I'm just looking for some advice to keep my parents and the older folks in our group a bit calm around the crowds. Any suggestions?
Saturday will be the busiest and the Wizarding World sections are usually shoulder to shoulder especially mid-day on weekends. I would hit those areas first thing in the morning if they’d like to visit those areas. We usually eat at a counter service for lunch then a table service at dinner, or sometimes vice versa. We think the food lines are much better now than in the summer. We also eat early which is key to avoid crowds. For example, we often eat lunch around 11:00 and feel like there’s hardly anyone inside places like Thunder Falls or Monsters Cafe. This was our experience last weekend which was even a holiday weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter