Pres. Day wknd- crowded on Friday?

bchbetha

DIS Veteran
We will be there starting Tuesday the week leading up to Pres. Day weekend next year (leaving on Monday) and am curious if Thursday will be our last (relatively) slow day or if Friday will still be on the lower side? I know come Saturday we will feel a big difference. We did Disneyland a few years back and I feel like the difference between Thursday and Friday crowds was pretty noticeable but curious what WDW trends tend to be like. Thanks!

The week leading into Presidents Day weekend in 2024 includes Mardi Gras (2/13/2024). I expect that week will be busy. Not as bad as when both fall on the same week, but many schools in the south have off for Mardi Gras.

It will be busy. We went the week before PD in 2022 and there was a noticeable increase in crowds on the Friday of PD weekend.

I think some schools get a 4 day weekend or more for Presidents' Day, so some will have Friday off. This year sounded terrible. It sounded like it was worse than Spring Break this year starting 3/11.

Ugh. I didn't think of Mardi Gras. Thanks for that. I was there this year starting Wed. of Pres Day week and it was so, so busy (overlapped with a weekend race series too, so that didn't help). We're stuck with these dates so will make the best of it.

Ugh. I didn't think of Mardi Gras. Thanks for that. I was there this year starting Wed. of Pres Day week and it was so, so busy (overlapped with a weekend race series too, so that didn't help). We're stuck with these dates so will make the best of it.
As a NOLA native who has been during Mardi Gras the park was packed. I would not expect any lull in the action. You will be surrounded by a bunch of folks wearing LSU and Saints gear. At least we are friendly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter