Prepare for the worst...

It's not the worst. It's just very different from what it used to be.
Sure, it's crowded but Disneyland typically is very crowded.

We're all emerging from a GLOBAL PANDEMIC! It's been an insane time with literally life and death consequences but some of us are willing to risk catching Covid to go on vacation to a very packed theme park. Staff there are trying their best but not in the best state of mind either. It's all different.

I give everyone a lot of grace and space. These are tough times, even at Disneyland.

I'm genuinely surprised that people are still attending in large numbers with the lack of major entertainment (parades and theater shows). You cannot overstate how much this changes the feel of a DLR trip right now.

We've only done Oogie Boogie Bash since DL has reopened because that's the only event that showed any amount of value (Frightfully Fun Parade + Treat Trails + Character meet and greets galore).

Sure, I could afford to attend DL/DCA even if the tickets were 2x the current prices, but I choose not to attend with the parks in their current state (barring after-hour parties where they clearly show that parades can be done).

I'm genuinely surprised that people are still attending in large numbers with the lack of major entertainment (parades and theater shows). You cannot overstate how much this changes the feel of a DLR trip right now.

We've only done Oogie Boogie Bash since DL has reopened because that's the only event that showed any amount of value (Frightfully Fun Parade + Treat Trails + Character meet and greets galore).

Sure, I could afford to attend DL/DCA even if the tickets were 2x the current prices, but I choose not to attend with the parks in their current state (barring after-hour parties where they clearly show that parades can be done).

We aren't show and parade people, so this doesn't impact us at all.

The only 2 parades my kids and I have any interest in are the Christmas parade and Main Street Electrical Parade, both of which are coming back imminently.

I think a lot depends on if you are a local or not. Sure, if you are a local then wait it out.

However, for people like us in the rainy Pacific Northwest who maybe can go once a year…I’m happy to take a long weekend to feel the sun and experience the still many great things at Disneyland.

And sure, we look forward to when more things are back at Disneyland, but compared to a rainy weekend at home, I think we’ll be quite happy!

And sure, we look forward to when more things are back at Disneyland, but compared to a rainy weekend at home, I think we’ll be quite happy!

I’m in NYC and am coming over our Feb break (I teach) for only my second visit - and first in over 10 years, so it feels first-ish. I am going to take things as they come and enjoy being in (hopefully) warmer weather and NOT being in the classroom for a bit. This year is ridiculous!!

I think a lot depends on if you are a local or not. Sure, if you are a local then wait it out.

However, for people like us in the rainy Pacific Northwest who maybe can go once a year…I’m happy to take a long weekend to feel the sun and experience the still many great things at Disneyland.

Yup, I'm from Alaska so anywhere warm is a treat in the winter! Haven't been back to Disney since 2018 so even if there's lots of "off" things for my December trip I am still going to be happy :)

I think February in Southern California will offer a much better experience with the weather, and you’ll get a nice break from the classroom!

I hope so for that poster! Our February weather can have crazy swings. We've had heat waves in the 90s and cold, rainy winter storms during that month. Fingers crossed for good, sunny warm weather!

I have a follow up question about this lack of seating. I have a very bad back and have to take multiple breaks every day, usually sitting on a bench while DH takes the kids on rides. Is there a shortage of benches right now? What about tables at places like Jolly Holiday, tomorrowland terrace or Plaza Inn? Sometimes I get a snack and sit there while I wait. I hope there will be seating available for when the kids want to sit and eat a dole whip or churro on main street.

Yup, I'm from Alaska so anywhere warm is a treat in the winter! Haven't been back to Disney since 2018 so even if there's lots of "off" things for my December trip I am still going to be happy :)

Alaska girl here too! Looking forward to some warm temps and sunshine in a couple of weeks! Any California weather is better than Ak in November/December! :)

I have a follow up question about this lack of seating. I have a very bad back and have to take multiple breaks every day, usually sitting on a bench while DH takes the kids on rides. Is there a shortage of benches right now? What about tables at places like Jolly Holiday, tomorrowland terrace or Plaza Inn? Sometimes I get a snack and sit there while I wait. I hope there will be seating available for when the kids want to sit and eat a dole whip or churro on main street.

Yes, they had put out a TON of benches back when they reopened so that people had somewhere to sit because they didn't allow eating or drinking unless in a designated dining area, which included benches. They took all of the extra benches away once they reopened more fully in June. There are still benches but they seem to always be taken when I would like one.

This is why you see so many people sitting at tables and not eating. And yes, there are still plenty of available seats around the dining areas. With the exception of Red Rose Tavern. That place is always packed. You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a place to sit and rest.

We were there Oct 15th-18th. Jolly Holiday always had tables available when we passed by, there was plenty of seating at Tomorrowland Terrace if you look for the round tables around the edge and behind the stage. We love Hungry Bear to take a break and eat while watching the Mark Twain and Canoes pass by. The only place we had issues was Pyms, but we fell into the category the previous poster mentioned. We had no idea about the overflow until after we waited for a table outside the restaurant. It seemed liked there was tons of open tables and in better shade when we walked past and realized it was there…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter