Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

hpfan100,
Afternoon storms may mess up your afternoon parasailing plans.
They usually recommend doing those in the morning when the weather is calm. Also traveling from Cirque to your Wishes cruise--are you taking a taxi?
You can call Sammy Duvall's and ask info without booking. They are really helpful. Warning though--if you don't know how to waterski, this is not the time to learn. All that jerking over and over again just makes you nauseous. This happened to my daughter on our patinum day.
Definately don't want to be sick on your platinum days.

thanks for the tips :thumbsup2

I've actually edited my non park day plans...they look something like this now.
Day 1-full day
Boma breakfast, Dolphins in Depth, Aqua Seas, travel to DTD, Portobello 4, Cirque 6:00, Wishes Cruise, maybe squeeze in some shopping somewhere in there if I can

Day 2- partial day as I depart this day
massage, snack breakfast, Sammy D's (just parasailing), DTD shopping if I didn't have time the day before or relax at resort, ME at 2:40...then fly home :sad1:

this is what my park days look like:

Day 1-full day (running on no sleep...oh dear) Epcot-am, MK-pm
Seeds Tour 10:30, Chefs De France lunch 12:00, pick up snacks from WS for breakfasts later on :thumbsup2
long nap/rest/pool time at AKL, maybe get my massage this day, Jiko dinner around 6:00
travel to MK, just some good old fashioned park time, maybe get some ice cream snacks ;)

Day 2- full day (hopefully running on some sleep) AK-am, DHS-pm
Tusker House breakfast 8:30, park time (going to try to see all three shows-FOLK, Nemo, Flights of Wonder), Yak/Yeti around 1:00

---still deciding if I want to do the Backstage Safari tour at 1:00...I have mixed feelings about that tour plus I want to see LMA at 4:30 over at DHS...ah decisions decisions

Brown Derby around 7:00, F! at 9:00, park time in between and after for EMH :woohoo::woohoo:

On my park days I really just wanted to spend some quality time in the parks with the added perk of nice meals and small tours. On my non park days I am trying to use up the recreation and longer tours that I am interested in.

WOW these days look long and exhausting...good thing it's a long flight back and I can sleep all I want then :thumbsup2

I have to nix my platinum plan for the time being....:sad1::sad1:

I have no job lined up for the next school year so I really can't afford this splurge right now. I'm hoping to move this plan to November to celebrate my birthday. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your wonderful hints and tips. I know when I finally do get to take this trip I'll be well prepared

Oh gee! Just when you had it all coming together!

I admit I did Platnium cause I wanted the spa treatment, wishes cruise, V&A dinner - but maybe you could do an arrangement on the Premium plan with cheaper accommodation?

As you say - if you have to watch the dollars, better to be safe than sorry and you can always add this plan later.

Oh gee! Just when you had it all coming together!

I admit I did Platnium cause I wanted the spa treatment, wishes cruise, V&A dinner - but maybe you could do an arrangement on the Premium plan with cheaper accommodation?

As you say - if you have to watch the dollars, better to be safe than sorry and you can always add this plan later.

I was looking at possibly the premium. I'm crunching the numbers today. Paying all my summer bills up front and seeing what is left over. Then I'll know what I have to spend. The only thing is I really hated the beds at the values but the theming is great as is the food court offerings. I'll keep everyone posted. One or way or another I'll be doing a plat or prem packages either in July or November. :woohoo::woohoo:

We are going to be staying at the GF (myself, my husband and our 16 yr old daughter) on the Platinum plan, and since we have been to DW, just not on this type of plan - I value your opinions/thoughts/suggestions on our sample itinerary to best utilize our plan benefits :)

A few things about our family to consider - I am slightly handicapped (bone condition) so I can not do lots and lots of walking, and we want some time in each park to enjoy rides/shows too.

Day 1
arrive at resort (Grand Floridian) about 4pm
5:30PM dinner at California Grill
9:00PM Fantasmic

Day2
8:30AM Keys to Kingdom tour (5 hrs)
afternoon at MK
7:00PM Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
10:00PM Viewing MK Fireworks

Day 3
7:30AM Chef Mickey's
10:30AM Spa's at Saratoga Springs
7:00PM House of Blues Dinner
9:00PM Cirqu Du Soleil

Day 4
8:30AM Backstage Safari Tour (3 hrs)
afternoon on our own
9:00PM Spirit of Aloha Dinner

Day 5
8:30AM Around World at Epcot, Segway tour (2 hrs)
12:30PM Epcot Seas Aqua tour (2.5 hrs)
6:30PM Yachtsman Steakhouse
8:30 Illuminations Cruise

Day 6
depart at noon for airport

THANKS in advance for you suggestions/thoughts!

Oh wow!! how lovely! You will have a wonderful time. I can see that you have spaced this out and there is lots of relaxation time. I am wondering if your daughter may want to put some extra things in there? She might want to do some of the outdoorsy stuff like horseriding or paragliding.

I am not sure about the extent of your disability - will you be taking a wheelchair at any point?

Also, why not do V&A dinner in there somewhere? The platnium plan gives you a lot of dining points, so maybe jam in a few lunches at your favourite places too.

Have you priced this out? Because the plan is based on full price rack rate, staying at the GF on this plan is very expensive and you have to pack in a lot to make the most of the plan. You could improve the efficiency or benefit of the plan just from staying at any other deluxe.

I have not done the maths on your itinery below, but it could be that you could stay at the GF on a discount package, and then just buy these elements individually and it would cost less.

Anyway - here's my thoughts:

Day 1

Day2
8:30AM Keys to Kingdom tour (5 hrs) This is a great tour - one of the favourites! but there is a lot of walking and standing on hard concrete. There are a couple of rides and going down the stairs into the Utildors. Perhaps consider a chair for this?
afternoon at MK

Day 3
7:30AM Chef Mickey's (personally I prefer 1900 Park Fare) At 9am you could go to Sammy Duvalls at the Contemporary and do the jetski guided tour. Very easy and safe - 1 hour
10:30AM Spa's at Saratoga Springs - push this back to later in the afternoon, say 5pm, and go straight to DTD

Day 4
afternoon on our own

Day 5

Day 6

We are going to be staying at the GF (myself, my husband and our 16 yr old daughter) on the Platinum plan, and since we have been to DW, just not on this type of plan - I value your opinions/thoughts/suggestions on our sample itinerary to best utilize our plan benefits :)

A few things about our family to consider - I am slightly handicapped (bone condition) so I can not do lots and lots of walking, and we want some time in each park to enjoy rides/shows too.

Day 1

Day2
8:30AM Keys to Kingdom tour (5 hrs)
afternoon at MK

Day 3
7:30AM Chef Mickey's
10:30AM Spa's at Saratoga Springs

Day 4
afternoon on our own

Day 5

Day 6

One suggestion I would make is to do a room only reservation on your arrival and departure days so you could save money there and hopefully get a room only discount. I agree with Sugarglider that you might want to look into watersports and V+A. Thats all I have fore now but I might have more later on.

One suggestion I would make is to do a room only reservation on your arrival and departure days so you could save money there and hopefully get a room only discount. I agree with Sugarglider that you might want to look into watersports and V+A. Thats all I have fore now but I might have more later on.

LOVE sarahgirl's suggestion re: room only for nights 1 and 5 - saves a packet, and will mean that you will pay OOP for the dinner on night 1 - so perhaps do a DHS Fantasmic dining package if special seating is important. Otherwise, eat anywhere and just go watch the show.

You will still have access to the benefits of the package up till midnight on your Day 5 so you can still do all those things - but save two days fees!

DAY 1: A bit concerned about your first night - with 5:30 @ California Grill, then trying to get to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic by 9? Really too tight time wise. Perhaps do an earlier dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby so you are there in the park, or do V&A that night and skip Fantasmic.

DAY 2: KTTK is a LOT of walking (as has been stated) so you might check with Guest Services to see if they can accommodate you before you book the tour.

DAY 3: GREAT! I love Cirque and try to see it on every visit! And I agree with moving the spa out a bit so you are there at DTD for Cirque.

DAY 4: This tour also has a good bit of walking, but should be doable.

DAY 5: Segway is amazing and, again, we do this ever visit. You will experience some tiredness in your legs/feet simply because you use different muscles than walking. After you get the 'feel' of operating the unit (don't GRIP the handles - just use a light touch - trust me) you should be able to lift one foot up at a time and twist your ankle a bit to give it some relief.

ENJOY your stay. Ours was Premium & not Platinum, but we were STUFFED after just a day on the plan - took us a full day to rest up!

well with a little magic my 3 day platinum plan is back on....:thumbsup2pixiedust:

I have everything booked and will report back after I return. Do I need to tip at these activities and if so how much???

Wishes cruise, spa treatment, tours, parasailing

Wishes cruise: we have always given the captian a tip since they provide a lot of information (we gave $10 each)

Spa treatment: I always tip the person doing my massage/mani/pedi, etc. as this is a personal service, but that's just me.

Tours: Not if they are Cast Members conducting the tours. It is my understanding that tips are not allowed. Someone please correct me as we have never tipped for this.

Parasailing: Have never done this but I am assuming that same situation as the tours would apply, but these people are employees of Sammy Duvall so ????

Wishes cruise: we have always given the captian a tip since they provide a lot of information (we gave $10 each)

Spa treatment: I always tip the person doing my massage/mani/pedi, etc. as this is a personal service, but that's just me.

Tours: Not if they are Cast Members conducting the tours. It is my understanding that tips are not allowed. Someone please correct me as we have never tipped for this.

Parasailing: Have never done this but I am assuming that same situation as the tours would apply, but these people are employees of Sammy Duvall so ????

thanks that's what I was thinking as well..still a great deal for all these goodies :thumbsup2

well with a little magic my 3 day platinum plan is back on....:thumbsup2pixiedust:

I have everything booked and will report back after I return. Do I need to tip at these activities and if so how much???

Wishes cruise, spa treatment, tours, parasailing

YAY! nice to see that things are working out for you.

Ummm... on my wishes cruise there were 3 of us and none of us tipped the captain. The spa treatment comes with gratuity included (I read that somewhere and certainly, they just ushered me out). Didn't tip at Sammy Duvalls. Tipped at the restaurants - then due to a billing error with V&A they refunded my tip! Never tipped a tour. Didn't seem the right time and place - I've never seen anyone tip a tour guide (unless it happened very privately)

Hmmm .... I'm Australian. We don't tip for anything so it often just doesn't cross my mind.

Enjoy!

The spa employees should be tipped. I was given a little envelope for the tip. Sammy Duvalls and the boat captains can also be tipped but not everyone does. We did multiple things at Sammy's and had the same guide/driver or each. He was only ok so I just gve him what I planned for 1 activity rather than tripling the tip. I spent a lot more than I expected on tips though from bellman, concierge staff, parking attendants,etc that I wouldn't normally use but with the platinum plan upgrades kept happening.

Oh wow!! how lovely! You will have a wonderful time. I can see that you have spaced this out and there is lots of relaxation time. I am wondering if your daughter may want to put some extra things in there? She might want to do some of the outdoorsy stuff like horseriding or paragliding.
Yes I believe that both my daughter and husband will probably add a few extras in our down time... but they both really want some time in each park to ride some rides and catch a show or two.

I am not sure about the extent of your disability - will you be taking a wheelchair at any point?
No wheelchair needed, as I can walk (well more like a pregnant waddle, lol. Just get very sore (bone pain) after long walks. That is part of why there is not lots of scheduled activities... but room for some to be added if things are feeling okay.

Also, why not do V&A dinner in there somewhere? The platnium plan gives you a lot of dining points, so maybe jam in a few lunches at your favourite places too. Would love to do V&A but hubby doesnt want to pack formal clothes, prefers to try and keep it casual.

Have you priced this out? Because the plan is based on full price rack rate, staying at the GF on this plan is very expensive and you have to pack in a lot to make the most of the plan. You could improve the efficiency or benefit of the plan just from staying at any other deluxe.
We have not priced it out individually, because the hubby said he prefers to be able to do what we want should we decide to do extras and not worry about cost or anything?! Doesnt make much sense to me either... lol

I have not done the maths on your itinery below, but it could be that you could stay at the GF on a discount package, and then just buy these elements individually and it would cost less.

Anyway - here's my thoughts:
Great tips... thank you!

I admit that as I noted - in Australia we don't tip at spa's and hairdressers etc and I can get this wrong but the Disney 2012 Platinum Plan brochure actually states that the gratuity is included.:thumbsup2

And it notes that Meal gratuities are not included.

It is silent on Sammy Duvalls. :confused3

I suppose there always room to move - esp. if the service was great

DAY 1: A bit concerned about your first night - with 5:30 @ California Grill, then trying to get to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic by 9? Really too tight time wise. Perhaps do an earlier dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby so you are there in the park, or do V&A that night and skip Fantasmic.
Daughter really wants to do Fantasmic... we will discuss some other dinning options for this night. Thanks.

DAY 2: KTTK is a LOT of walking (as has been stated) so you might check with Guest Services to see if they can accommodate you before you book the tour.
I dont use a wheelchair, but can do the walking (im pretty sure anyways) but will defianitly check into this more.

DAY 3: GREAT! I love Cirque and try to see it on every visit! And I agree with moving the spa out a bit so you are there at DTD for Cirque. We have dinner at House of Blues in DTD prior to Cirque show... so wondering if you feel we will not have time for spa, hotel to change for dinner and show?

DAY 4: This tour also has a good bit of walking, but should be doable.

DAY 5: Segway is amazing and, again, we do this ever visit. You will experience some tiredness in your legs/feet simply because you use different muscles than walking. After you get the 'feel' of operating the unit (don't GRIP the handles - just use a light touch - trust me) you should be able to lift one foot up at a time and twist your ankle a bit to give it some relief. Excited and nervous about the Segway, but think it will be doable for me. I just dont want to limit and restrict my family from things they want to do. Frusterations of our family vacations :(

ENJOY your stay. Ours was Premium & not Platinum, but we were STUFFED after just a day on the plan - took us a full day to rest up!
I have already taken the day off work after we get home, to do NOTHING lol! Always need a day of rest after vacation!

Thanks for the tips/suggestions!

We have not priced it out individually, because the hubby said he prefers to be able to do what we want should we decide to do extras and not worry about cost or anything?! Doesnt make much sense to me either... lol
Great tips... thank you!

Hi nikicares
Perhaps have a chat to the concierge at the hotel - because Disney is not the best place to be spontaneous. Some tours and restaurants are very popular and being on the platinum plan does not guarantee you a booking - esp on the day. Although I read of concierges helping to get bookings more easily, if it is booked out, it's booked out!
good luck with it all - reads quite magical!

Oh - and the spa at SSR has full change rooms - with showers, toiletries, everything - so you can change there. I had a facial so I just wore my evening outfit - which was still pretty casual.

Because I'm bored with nothing to do tonite I did some math .

Day 1
5:30PM dinner at California Grill $50-$80 per person
9:00PM Fantasmicfree

Day2
8:30AM Keys to Kingdom tour (5 hrs)$78.88 per person
afternoon at MK
7:00PM Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner$66
10:00PM Viewing MK Fireworksfree

Day 3
7:30AM Chef Mickey's$30.88
10:30AM Spa's at Saratoga SpringsDon't know exact figure but around $120 when including tip
7:00PM House of Blues Dinner$40
9:00PM Cirqu Du Soleil$85

Day 4
8:30AM Backstage Safari Tour (3 hrs)$75
afternoon on our own
9:00PM Spirit of Aloha Dinner$72

Day 5
8:30AM Around World at Epcot, Segway tour (2 hrs)$106
12:30PM Epcot Seas Aqua tour (2.5 hrs)$150
6:30PM Yachtsman Steakhouse$50-70
8:30 Illuminations Cruise$346.13

Day 6

Many of the tours you have planned have discounts for disney visa or AAA. Just looking at the numbers you at least might want to look into having your last night be room only since day 5 would be covered under the previous day. Also I can only count 6 meals so far so if you have the plan for even 4 nights thats 12 meals for each of you. I know that your husband wants to have everything included but as of right now you might do better paying for it OOP especially if you can get discounts on your room and tours. If you want to have your meals included you could get the DDxP which would cover your meals and you could still get discounts on your room or free dining. I think this plan was great last year when you could book for 1 one night and get 2 days worth of meals and activities but its getting harder to see value in it now that they have a 3 night minimum. When you finalize your plans look at the numbers and put them on a spreadsheet and see if it actually cheaper to do exactly what you want by using a dining plan and going out of pocket. I know thats what I'm planning on doing this year. I'm doing exactly what I wanted but using the discounts and coupons that I find online to my advantage instead of paying rack rate and using the plan.

Hi Everyone! I just booked 3 nights of the Platinum Plan for my honeymoon in May and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. We will be staying at AKL and will have a rental car.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Day 1 (Saturday, May 11):
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (earliest seating)
Around the World Segway Tour in EPCOT (9:30)
Lunch at LeCellier
Watersports at Sammy Duvalls
Dinner at Bistro de Paris
Cirque du Soliel (9:00 show)

Day 2 (Sunday, May 12):
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch included)
Dinner at Narcoosees
Fireworks Cruise (any recommendations on which is better? )

Day 3 (Monday, May 13):
Breakfast at Ohana
Parasailing at Sammy Duvalls
Lunch- Dine W/ Imagineer at DHS
Mini golf
Carriage ride (not sure which location would be easier)
Dinner at Jiko
Fantasmic

Day 4 (Tuesday, May 14):
Breakfast at Boma (OOP)
Dolphins in Depth
Seas Aqua Tour (I have read that this is fine back to back)
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (Chefs Table if I can get it)

I would love input and suggestions! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter