• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant Tips

GreenDisneyBride

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
Hi everyone.

My husband and I are going on the Wonder in May and I will be 21 weeks pregnant, so still well within Disney's rules. But I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions that might be helpful for cruising while pregnant.

Thank you all!

Trip insurance and all your health and medical information. Also, because I am cautious, I would know what medical facilities there are at each port of call I would be visiting, and how to quickly access and how to coordinate with my insurance. While I am sure your doctor has cleared you and you are fine and low risk pregnancy, I would still want to know my options in advance to make sure everything goes as simple as possible should something need attending to.

I would also be a little easy on the drinks of the day and maybe opt for the non-alcoholic versions. :D You can also probably think of some fun photos ops with characters too! I hope you'll come back and share your tips when you return. Have a great time .

Th
Trip insurance and all your health and medical information. Also, because I am cautious, I would know what medical facilities there are at each port of call I would be visiting, and how to quickly access and how to coordinate with my insurance. While I am sure your doctor has cleared you and you are fine and low risk pregnancy, I would still want to know my options in advance to make sure everything goes as simple as possible should something need attending to.

I would also be a little easy on the drinks of the day and maybe opt for the non-alcoholic versions. :D You can also probably think of some fun photos ops with characters too! I hope you'll come back and share your tips when you return. Have a great time .

Thanks! Yes I have all of my medical information with me. Also I don't plan on drinking unless its the non-alcoholic drinks of the day :)

Th

Thanks! Yes I have all of my medical information with me. Also I don't plan on drinking unless its the non-alcoholic drinks of the day :)
I'm going to second the trip insurance part. Especially medical/evacuation coverage. Most US health plans don't cover out of country, and that's where you'll be once you step aboard the ship. And evacuation costs back to the US can be astronomically high.

Where is your cruise going? I would have a chat with your doctor about the risk of Zika and what insect repellents are safe to use while pregnant.

On the fun side, when I took my Babymoon to WDW, DH took a picture of me and my belly in front of the New Fantasyland construction. Now we take a picture every time we go standing in the same spot. It's neat to have that progression.

What fun. I hope it goes seamlessly for you.

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Get some character pics with princesses and Mickey, etc, highlighting your baby bump. Maybe even an autograph or two for your baby book. If you come back with your child in other years, you can get the same char. pics again with your child as he or she grows.

As for more practical matters, would you be able to partake/benefit from some spa time, maybe massage?

Oh yes, if this is your first, definitely do something special just for the two of you - like a romantic dinner. It may be your last chance for some time.

All the best.

Bring tums. I went on the magic when I was 16 weeks pregnant. I was past the "morning" sickness, but had major heart burn in my second trimester. I was getting major cravings when on the cruise, which was convenient since you pretty much can get whatever you want. But it definatly didn't help the heart burn.
Relax and enjoy your time together, your next cruise will look a little different.

I cruised when I was about 21 weeks with my DD, and had a wonderful time! We cruised on the fantasy, and actually got a cranberry no-jito (mojito). It was the nonalcoholic drink of the day. Just relax, and enjoy your time together!

Where is your cruise going? I would have a chat with your doctor about the risk of Zika and what insect repellents are safe to use while pregnant.

On the fun side, when I took my Babymoon to WDW, DH took a picture of me and my belly in front of the New Fantasyland construction. Now we take a picture every time we go standing in the same spot. It's neat to have that progression.

We are doing a West Coast to Vancouver, originally we had a caribbean cruise booked so Zika is not a concern. Also already did talk to the doctor about Zika.

Awww so cute about the same spot photos, definitely an idea!

What fun. I hope it goes seamlessly for you.

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Get some character pics with princesses and Mickey, etc, highlighting your baby bump. Maybe even an autograph or two for your baby book. If you come back with your child in other years, you can get the same char. pics again with your child as he or she grows.

As for more practical matters, would you be able to partake/benefit from some spa time, maybe massage?

Oh yes, if this is your first, definitely do something special just for the two of you - like a romantic dinner. It may be your last chance for some time.

All the best.

Thanks, we know we are having a boy! I have some spa time scheduled, just hope they have someone with prenatal certification which isn't guaranteed. The dinner sounds like a great idea!

Bring tums. I went on the magic when I was 16 weeks pregnant. I was past the "morning" sickness, but had major heart burn in my second trimester. I was getting major cravings when on the cruise, which was convenient since you pretty much can get whatever you want. But it definatly didn't help the heart burn.
Relax and enjoy your time together, your next cruise will look a little different.

Thank you!

I cruised when I was about 21 weeks with my DD, and had a wonderful time! We cruised on the fantasy, and actually got a cranberry no-jito (mojito). It was the nonalcoholic drink of the day. Just relax, and enjoy your time together!

Thanks I am looking forward to the nonalcoholic drinks of the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter