*Preferred Fireworks Viewing

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
Is there any way to purchase preferred fireworks viewing? I have heard that Main Street viewing is a MUST for the new show, and so would appreciate any advice on viewing locations - especially since we are going to TRY to get in for the 4th of July...

There's a new tour running 4 times a day and the last one has preferred seating for the fireworks (the first one is longer, and the second two have preferred seating for the parade). I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the tour off the top of my head...

Sarangel

There is a small seating area at top of hub for fireworks as part of booked 50th tour mentioned in earlier post. Frankly any location along main street or hub will give you great view of fireworks that are up above castle anyways. On a recent evening with packed crowd we walked up and found place to stand elbow to elbow (as everyone is) and saw fireworks fine. Also noticed people camped out hours before then were still surrounded by crowds filling in right up to fireworks. Frankly I can not see the advantage of getting early spots for fireworks since views are the same and people fill in around you anyways.

Is the tour worth doing? would it be something that children would enjoy (ages 5 -7)?

Is the tour called 50th Anniversary Tour? I looked in the tours section of Disneyland.com and could not find it.

The tour is called Imagination to Celebration - it's the name for the 50th anniversary tour

Is all of the train station closed off for preferred viewing? Or could you still sit/stand on the steps to see the fireworks? Thanks.

There is just a small section closed off in the middle. Picture the train station platform. There are two sets of stairs leading up to it, with the platform extending to the right and to the left. The premium viewing is in the center part between the stairs, with benches lined up along the width, and then one or two rows of chairs behind, and then a standing area for when there are a lot of tour guests & VIP types. There are also a couple of benches on the sides of the platform on the outside of the stairs leading up. Any guest can sit there, and guests can sit on the stairs to the platform (but there has to be room for people to go up and down, plus fire code won't let you completely block traffic). Guests can stand anywhere on the platform except for the premium viewing area, and many like to lean against the building for support.

I stood right behind the preferred viewing, which gave a perfect view because no one stood in front of me. I would think that this is a good spot for the little ones who are frightened of loud noises, and whose view is usually blocked by the taller guests.

Yes, we've sat there in the past - you're exactly right that it's great for kids who might get scared of the loud booms that accompany fireworks. Sounds like we can still do it - thanks!

When we were there, they were not letting anyone actually stand or sit anywhere on the stairs. Just so you know.
There were several CM's there directing traffic, so they will let you know if it is okay to be where you are, before you get too comfortable.
I agree there is room on the platform. Just be aware in case the CM's ask you to move a bit.

Enjoy!

Mary Jo said:
Here's some info on the preferred viewing:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8734494#post8734494

My dd was there last night, and they stood in the middle of Main Street, by the ice cream place, and she said that that was a good place to see the show, too.

We stood there last time we went. The one thing about that spot is if you have little kids you will need to put them on your shoulders. Also when it is over you will have to go with the flow because you are mid stream!

We are going to try the train platform this time. It sounds perfect for us as we have kids too big to pick up but still short :) . How early do we need to get there do you think? We go in late July and I think it is going to be a mad house, because I can't get a room at any of the places I have tried (Candy Cane is booked :guilty: )

grab the benches on the inside of the hub, right next to the crosswalk. My older son and I sat on the bench...my younger one was in a stroller, so I pushed it right up to where I knew the ropes would go.

It was free, the view was perfect, and due to the rope, nobody was allowed to stop in front of us!!!!

And, did I mention, it was free, lol???

The secret to great parade viewing is white ropes and trash cans. Either one is a pretty good guarantee of a direct line-of-site.

BTW...Mary Jo...is the photo in your signature of your dd??? We did the fireworks the 31st and I swore I saw that woman in the hub, lol...but I thought I was just imagining things. I almost said "Mary Jo?"...but I thought the pic was of your kids, so I figured she'd think I was nuts, lol!!!

Small world if it was her!

Yup - those are my two kids in my siggy. My son is 17 & daughter is 16. We had met up with my cousins, who were visiting here from Texas, for dinner at Storyteller Cafe, and then my daughter stayed with them to watch the fireworks! If the girl you saw was wearing a black skirt with boots & a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt, and was with a family with a woman (my cousin, Lisa), man, 5-year old girl, & a baby in a stroller -- that was her. They ended up watching the fireworks on Main Street.

Our little cousin made her laugh, though. She asked my dd, Kelly, if she played in a rock band. lol She goes to Catholic school, so she & her best friend like to "dress up" for Disneyland. :)

I played tour guide on Monday, so if you had said that to my cousin, that would have been too funny.

How do you know where the ropes are going to be? When we were at WDW we staked out a parade spot and people stood in front of us at the last minute. There's no way we can hold 4 kids up on our shoulders. :earseek: So they couldn't see very much.

Thanks for the info. We have 6 children...2 are young and one has HF Autism and the thought of being stuck in the middle of a bunch of people exiting for quite a while kind of makes me nervous will this view at the trainstation be hard to exit?

so, on the two previous evenings we were in Disneyland, I was able to scope out the crowd control. I knew where the ropes were the night we'd been trying to get thru the Hub...so I plunked down at that spot on our fireworks night.

As for the other parades, ask any cast member! At CA I asked the CMs at Playhouse Disney and they were great about telling me right where the parade would be going. At CA they have a seam in the road that acts as the "rope", except where there is a crosswalk! The front row has to sit...but you can block off your space with strollers, coats, etc, and rotate who sits there.

The trashcan trick was great for my 9 year old. He's not quite 5' tall, and the can guaranteed that no tall adult would squeeze in next to him and block his line of sight!

I think that as long as you're willing to wait for the parades you won't have to worry about having a clear view. It's the people who walk up 5 minutes before parade time who get stuck in the back.

The fireworks were different. If it hadn't been for snagging a spot right on the ropes, my 50 lb 4 year old would never have been able to see the effects that take place on and in front of the castle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter