• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre Trip Packet- Received Mine!!!

Tozzie

DIS Veteran
I just came home from work and waiting for me on my door step was a Box from ABD. It was my pre trip packet. Inside was a green backpack, my pre trip booklet, the checklist, the luggage handle and a keychain type thingy with a clasp attached to the backpack. They did away with the box, the paper information is in a cardboard envelope, I like it better than the box. I know a lot of people don't want another backpack but I love mine. I used my one from last year to death until it started to rip so I am happy with it.

ABD sent the box out early as I am still about 52 days from my trip!!

Well, that answers that question. :confused3 We on the ABD/DCL Med trip got stiffed for the goodies! Oh, well. Hopefully they'll make it up to us on the ship!

Congrats, Tozzie! It makes the trip way more real, doesn't it?

Sayhello

Well, that answers that question. :confused3 We on the ABD/DCL Med trip got stiffed for the goodies! Oh, well. Hopefully they'll make it up to us on the ship!

Sayhello

Yes it does make it real, especially after two years of cancelled trips. I now know the trip is a go and am very happy now. I am sorry you got "stiffed" considering you are paying the same ABD prices we are.

I now have to get started with planning some things for my free time. Someone I work with just came back from active duty military and while on leave he went to Switzerland and he gave me the name of a restaurant in Lucerne that he said was great so I already have a restaurant for the dinner on your own night in Lucerne.

Brewcrew I am going on the Alpine Magic trip.

Congrats Tozzie. If you don't mind could you let me know the name of the restaurant. We are on the June 20 Alpine Magic trip, and we are starting to plan activities for "own time" in Stresa, Zermatt (really want to do paragliding), and Lucerne (we'd like to do Mt. Pilatus). Not sure on Stresa yet. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Congrats Tozzie. If you don't mind could you let me know the name of the restaurant. We are on the June 20 Alpine Magic trip, and we are starting to plan activities for "own time" in Stresa, Zermatt (really want to do paragliding), and Lucerne (we'd like to do Mt. Pilatus). Not sure on Stresa yet. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

I left the info at work but I would be more than happy to share it with you. I had ordered travel brochures on lucerne and Switzerland in general and there was a map in the lucerne book with hotels and where they are and the person showed me the area where the restaurant is and it is not to far from the Hotel we are staying at. I also want to go paragliding and I remember someone posted that due to the wind they were unable to go paragliding in Zermatt and through searching I found they also have paragliding in lucerne so that is an option as well.

Gee I hope we get ours soon, we leave in about 40 days.
I am concerned now, because I got an e-mail from DHL saying that they tried to deliver a package but had an incorrect address. The e-mail looked like a scam because you had to down load a mailing label. I've never heard of them doing anything like that. I hope I was not too rash and deleted a legit e-mail. Since the e-mail was in my spam folder I can not recover it. Oh well I'll wait a bit and see what happens.
edited to add.....
Wait a minute, I just thought of something...how would DHL get my e-mail? ABD would have it and Dreams Unlimited would have it but I'm not sure how DHL would have it.

I am concerned now, because I got an e-mail from DHL saying that they tried to deliver a package but had an incorrect address. The e-mail looked like a scam because you had to down load a mailing label. I've never heard of them doing anything like that. I hope I was not too rash and deleted a legit e-mail. Since the e-mail was in my spam folder I can not recover it. Oh well I'll wait a bit and see what happens.
edited to add.....
Wait a minute, I just thought of something...how would DHL get my e-mail? ABD would have it and Dreams Unlimited would have it but I'm not sure how DHL would have it.

helenk, I get those emails all the time. Sometimes they are DHL and sometimes UPS. I think you did the right thing.

Tozzie, please keep us posted on your plans. I can't wait to hear what you and RSM think about this trip. We almost did Alpine Magic this year and it's still at the top of the list for next year. We want to go paragliding in the Alps too, so I'm really interested in what you find out about that.

I just came home from work and waiting for me on my door step was a Box from ABD. It was my pre trip packet. Inside was a green backpack, my pre trip booklet, the checklist, the luggage handle and a keychain type thingy with a clasp attached to the backpack. They did away with the box, the paper information is in a cardboard envelope, I like it better than the box. I know a lot of people don't want another backpack but I love mine. I used my one from last year to death until it started to rip so I am happy with it.

ABD sent the box out early as I am still about 52 days from my trip!!

Tozzie...it was so exciting to get the backpack. It's funny how something so simple can really add so much joy! We're only a little over 2 weeks away from leaving for Italy. My travel agent received our backpack, she said that she would bring it over the following week...I laughed and said, I'll come over now and pick it up. I couldn't wait any longer:banana:

My next ABD wish trip is Alpine Magic. I can't wait to hear the details of your trip.

Sayhello

Sayhello - bummer you didn't get a pack of goodies, but DCL did give you a nice present, didn't they? (a bump up to a balcony room?) I'd still want both though!

edited to add.....

Helen, you did the right thing to delete the e-mail. If you booked through a travel agency, you should contact them as they probably received your package. If not, I would call ABD to see if it was sent out yet.

Sayhello - bummer you didn't get a pack of goodies, but DCL did give you a nice present, didn't they? (a bump up to a balcony room?) I'd still want both though!
Yes, that's true! I did get a fabulous gift in the upgrade to my cabin! But I still want my ABD goodies! :rotfl:

Helen, you did the right thing to delete the e-mail. If you booked through a travel agency, you should contact them as they probably received your package. If not, I would call ABD to see if it was sent out yet.
Helen, I agree with Diskidatheart. No legit shipping company would do that. If the address was wrong, they'd return it to Disney or your TA. They'd never contact you directly except to leave a note on your door or in your mailbox (in which case, they'd have the correct address!) You were right to delete the email.

Call your TA or ABD. One of them should know what happened to your box!

Sayhello

Good idea, I booked through Dreams and I know Kevin is on his trip this week so I'll wait until next week and check with him.

I left the info at work but I would be more than happy to share it with you. I had ordered travel brochures on lucerne and Switzerland in general and there was a map in the lucerne book with hotels and where they are and the person showed me the area where the restaurant is and it is not to far from the Hotel we are staying at. I also want to go paragliding and I remember someone posted that due to the wind they were unable to go paragliding in Zermatt and through searching I found they also have paragliding in lucerne so that is an option as well.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought of paragliding in Lucerne. Just searched it on-line and there are a number of companies that you can book with. This is great as it provides more opportunities if the weather doesn't cooperate in Zermatt. I think we have a little more free time in Lucerne anyways. Have you looked at doing anything in Stresa on your free time. I think there is a cable car (Mottarone--I think) to the top of a mountain. Have a great time, we will be right behind you on the next trip.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't even thought of paragliding in Lucerne. Just searched it on-line and there are a number of companies that you can book with. This is great as it provides more opportunities if the weather doesn't cooperate in Zermatt. I think we have a little more free time in Lucerne anyways. Have you looked at doing anything in Stresa on your free time. I think there is a cable car (Mottarone--I think) to the top of a mountain. Have a great time, we will be right behind you on the next trip.

I haven't been as successful in my search for things to do in Stress as I have been in Switzerland. I will keep searching I will have to look into the cable car thingy as that sounds nice.

Alpine Magic looks like a great trip! Can't wait for the trip report! I hope you have a fabulous time!

Alpine Magic looks like a great trip! Can't wait for the trip report! I hope you have a fabulous time!

Thanks, the trip does look awesome. I was out shopping last week and bought a small note book that I can easily stick in my pocket or bag so I can keep notes during the day. I didn't do a trip report last year as there are many around for the Backstage Magic tour but I will be doing one this year.

We got our pre-trip package last week also. Although I really liked the adults backpack, my children did not really like the Junior Adventurers backpack. The color and design on the bag was lovely -- they just didn't like the fact that it only had only one carrying strap. They will not use the bags simply for this reason, since they are used to backpack style ones with two carrying handles to be worn on the back. The book is a great help, because it gives you a better idea of what to expect on your trip. We are just starting to pack now. Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter