Pre Fireworks Dessert Party at MK

Aims127

Earning My Ears
At the Fireworks dessert party that just returned if anyone has gone yet, do they have any non sweet foods?

We booked it, it seemed to show cheese/crackers in some of the pics, but IDK if there's anything beyond that.

I saw a video from party and they have added a fruit tray. I hope they add more than what I am currently seeing. We also have a party booked and I am underwhelmed with the options. Hope someone who attends can fill us in.

I have a lot of questions:

One of the blogs I read mentioned that the after party is allowed into the Plaza Gardens before the pre-party. Is that true? What time are the pre-party attendees allowed into the viewing area after checking in?

Also- How far up do they block off the viewing area? Is the East viewing area for both Pre-party and After Party attendees?

Thirdly, for Pre-Party attendees: are we allowed to take our food and beverages into the viewing area? Do they have grab-and-go trays (or boxes) and cups available? We may not feel like eating and drinking all our selections right away, especially if we just finished a dinner beforehand.

One of the blogs I read mentioned that the after party is allowed into the Plaza Gardens before the pre-party. Is that true? What time are the pre-party attendees allowed into the viewing area after checking in?

Also- How far up do they block off the viewing area? Is the East viewing area for both Pre-party and After Party attendees?

Thirdly, for Pre-Party attendees: are we allowed to take our food and beverages into the viewing area? Do they have grab-and-go trays (or boxes) and cups available? We may not feel like eating and drinking all our selections right away, especially if we just finished a dinner beforehand.
We did the party in January 2020. If it's still run the same, everyone is allowed in at the same time. It's just that the before people are eating before heading over so it's easier for the after people to get there first. We quickly ate a bit, then brought a plate each over to the viewing area and sat on the grass to eat.

Historically all dessert parties were in the Plaza (east) area only. (Unless you count that odd CRT dessert package thing that they put on the Casey's (west) side when it existed pre-Covid).

I don't know the answer to most of these, but in MDE it shows 6:30 entrance time for us for the pre-party.

We did the post party a few years ago. And we were in the area before the others. In our case, it decided to have a monsoon rain just before the fireworks. They left us into the area to have our dessert party while everyone else scurried for cover (or left the park). The rain stopped and we went back the viewing area, but most of the crowd had left. I was happy to have the post party that night.

I booked the pre party on a day that there is not a post party hoping the area will be less crowded. You can look at the post party date calendar to see when those days are. I think it may be the days with Christmas parties, but I'm not sure.

When we have gone to this in the past (pre COVID), there were no trays or take out boxes. We just usually skipped dinner and ate dinner at the dessert party (because savory options likes egg rolls, cheese, crackers, and some kind of dip were served- that is more than enough for me)

Edited to add- not sure if all of those savory options are served now.

When we have gone to this in the past (pre COVID), there were no trays or take out boxes. We just usually skipped dinner and ate dinner at the dessert party (because savory options likes egg rolls, cheese, crackers, and some kind of dip were served- that is more than enough for me)

Edited to add- not sure if all of those savory options are served now.

Seems like just cheese and crackers from the video I watched yesterday on Paging Mr. Morrow!

Seems like just cheese and crackers from the video I watched yesterday on Paging Mr. Morrow!

When we attended on 10/3, it was just small cubed cheeses and a variety of crackers. More non-sweet options would be nice.

We did the pre-party last week. They said 6:30 start but when we arrived at 6:15 they were already letting people in. Desserts were very underwhelming and sadly no one in our party was thrilled with them. Three consisted of pudding type desserts . No savory snacks except for some cheddar cheese and crackers. The people getting gluten free option seemed to have a better selection. The view for fireworks however were awesome. We really wanted to like this but sadly a one and done for us.

We did the pre-party last week. They said 6:30 start but when we arrived at 6:15 they were already letting people in. Desserts were very underwhelming and sadly no one in our party was thrilled with them. Three consisted of pudding type desserts . No savory snacks except for some cheddar cheese and crackers. The people getting gluten free option seemed to have a better selection. The view for fireworks however were awesome. We really wanted to like this but sadly a one and done for us.
Seems that Disney is really dropping the ball on providing a quality experience when visiting now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!