Potential AP Purchase

kc2wdw

Earning My Ears
Buckle up, complicated question incoming.

Currently have a 2BR at OKW booked for mid-May. 4 adults, 2 children. 5 day Hoppers and DDP for all. Planning on having a car while there.

Based on some rough math, I think I would save money by purchasing an AP for myself and leveraging it for the 35% discount currently offered at OKW (compared to the 25% general public discount) and the free parking at both the resort and the theme park.

Can I do this without cancelling my current reservation? Or would I need to have a brand new reservation and then cancel my old one? Does this seem feasible?

Thanks in advance to all the helpful people here!

You would have to book a new reservation because everyone on a package reservation, which is what you have now, has to have the same tickets. If you want to book a trip with the annual pass discount then here is what you can do:

Book a room only with the annual pass discount. Then buy park tickets separately for the people who need tickets. Once you do that you can add the dining plan to that trip. You will have to call to add the dining plan. :)

You can buy tickets through a discount vendor like Undercover Tourist or buy them through Disney.

Currently have a 2BR at OKW booked for mid-May. 4 adults, 2 children. 5 day Hoppers and DDP for all. Planning on having a car while there.

Based on some rough math, I think I would save money by purchasing an AP for myself and leveraging it for the 35% discount currently offered at OKW (compared to the 25% general public discount) and the free parking at both the resort and the theme park.

Can I do this without cancelling my current reservation? Or would I need to have a brand new reservation and then cancel my old one? Does this seem feasible?

APs do not get free parking at resorts, just theme parks. So unless you are an actual DVC member, you would still pay the parking fee at the resort.

The first step is to see if the 2-BR is available with the 35% off for your dates. Have you called yet? Like all promos, not every room is included for all dates. If it’s available, you won’t need to cancel your old reservation. You can make it a ticketless package with DDP and purchase your family’s tickets separately.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!