***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
254621_4750092590136_255146875_n_zps35995b70.jpg

October 11, 2012

I felt really good when a CM wanted my photo! :) It was a real fun night...

Not many Corpse Brides out there, lots of Jacks and Sallys of course.

550864_3801670606328_1910570120_n.jpg

431645_3801669926311_1722734070_n.jpg

75683_3801678806533_1409188266_n.jpg

Here are the parts for my Russell Costume so far, we'll be there on Halloween Night! I'm going with my fiancee who will be dressing up as Mama Odie (you can see her hat on the left of the picture).

RussellCostume.jpg

My niece in her Isabella Fireside Girl uniform. We had so much fun researching patches on the show and even making up some of our own!

isabella.jpg

We went to the 10/18 MNSSHP this past week and had a blast! I was surprised at how much attention we got in our costumes! Kids waved at us, parents pointed us out to their kids, and CMs told us again and again "great costumes!". It was so worth it (even though we got pretty hot and sweaty in long sleeves and pants!).

Here we are as Woody and Buzz! (I'm Buzz). Sorry the photo is a little blurry. I haven't bought it yet and it's from PhotoPass.

Screen_Shot_2012_10_21_at_7_43_08_PM.png

We made our costumes ourselves. I made my chest plate out of foam and felt, and the rest of the shirt is either iron ons or sewn on felt. My pants are white scrubs from WalMart with felt sewn on the bottom. My shoe covers were made from fabric and then I glued green felt on to them. I was glad they made it through the night! I also made a jetpack using a USPS Priority Mail box covered in carefully placed scrapbook paper! The gloves were bought at Party City and I took a red LED keychain light and glued it to the inside of the glove. It glowed through and lasted all night!

My friend wore jeans with cowboy boot shoe covers from Party City. She bought a yellow shirt and cut out red felt strips and hot glued them to the shirt. The vest, hat, and bandana were bought as a pack on Amazon. I made the gun holster and belt buckle out of foam for her.

I know its kinda over but we went on 10/30. I weighed the candy before I put it in our suit case... 10 lbs! I just wanted to show my cute little ones!

40763330251.jpg

Prince Charming said He'd been shown up and called to the other princes and Was like Look at this little prince! They all said he looked better than the real prince. Then prince came over to me and said I should put my application in :) We had the most magical trip... over 600 photos on my photo pass. They had two photo shoots in these costumes. 1 at bippity bobbity for the imaging package they took 60 different pics, and another at then end of the park. They met Pooh and friends. After they had closed the line, (it was midnight) they walked them up the exit took a bunch of photos with them with the characters and then told the characters they could leave. They had my two stay and take photos with them in different poses. There was a photo pass person and a second person taking their photo as well in regular clothes with a really nice camera sanding next to the photo pass person. On the way out I asked who the other person was and they said "Oh, He works for Disney" and that was it.... Any theories on who this other gentlemen was?

I got copies of all the pics the photo pass person took but the second photographer is like making me curious where these photo's might end up! lol

Here is one they took:

40763330422.jpg

Does anyone have any good family costume ideas for us for MNSSHP? We are a family of 5 (Grandma and Grandpa may, or may not join us). DS:14, DS:8 and DD:4. And DH is a bit of a party pooper, I'll be lucky to talk him into dressing up, so I don't dare get too risky with his.
Any thought would be GREAT!

Does anyone have any good family costume ideas for us for MNSSHP? We are a family of 5 (Grandma and Grandpa may, or may not join us). DS:14, DS:8 and DD:4. And DH is a bit of a party pooper, I'll be lucky to talk him into dressing up, so I don't dare get too risky with his.
Any thought would be GREAT!

We have done Toy Story 3 characters and Peter Pan characters the last two years. There are lots of characters in those movies to choose from. Tink and Buzz staged these shots of our family...

Photo0474FourBySix_zps7fca2063.jpg

Photo0321FourBySix.jpg

smitch425 said:
We have done Toy Story 3 characters and Peter Pan characters the last two years. There are lots of characters in those movies to choose from. Tink and Buzz staged these shots of our family...

Those are too cute. I love the staged photos. I REALLY love the Toy Story Ken & Barbie duo!!

This is my costume for the party on Oct 30. I also have the boots, and have made the purple cloak that goes with it.

Sorry the image is so large!

We were the Seagulls from Finding Nemo...went ot the first party on 9/1 and had an absolute BLAST! The CM interaction made our night...that and we got to laugh at ourselves the whole time, lol.
It was fun making the hats, and easy to be in t-shirts in the heat!

Bwe5T5UIQAAC6Bp.jpg

I have a question that is probably going to seem kind of silly...but if you can't ask silly questions on the Disboards, where can you??? :)

My husband and I are planning to go MNSSHP in October 2015. And of course, I'm already planning costumes. I'm pretty set on going as Rapunzel and Flynn, but I want "simplified" costumes that will be comfortable. So for Rapunzel, I was thinking about possibly wearing a tutu instead of a full out dress (with leggings underneath). I'm thinking along the lines of what some marathon runners wear for things like the Princess marathon.

Soooo...my question is...am I going to be the only 30 year old in the parks with a tutu on or is that a relatively common costume piece? This is just my introvert nature showing and I can't help but be anxious about looking ridiculous. *blush* I've never actually worn a tutu in my life so I'm not even sure it will be comfortable or just be in the way the whole time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter