***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
joanchris said:
Great Idea about going as home renovators! We're going Oct 14 to MNSSHP, and I just went to discovery store online and noticed the shirts for trading spaces are only $2.99! Ordered 2 for me and Hubby, not sure he'll wear it, but for $3 who cares! and a small tshirt for DD 10 who seems mostly disinterested in the whole dressing up thing. DD "almost7" will use last June's dance costume and be a 50's girl.
Thanks for all the great ideas, hope you don't mind I used your home renovator idea!
Joan

I have ordered 4 of the trading spaces shirts. One came today, the rest for some reason are being shipped separately. They are a really nice quality shirt. I still can't believe I got a matching halloween costume for the four of us for on $19.49! Thanks again for the info.

My fiancee (or husband by then!) will be on our honeymoon in WDW for the MNSSHP Oct 16th. We were thinking to wear scrubs and be "doctors" but still can't decide if we want to wear costumes. Most adults do wear costumes?

Did it once--won't do it again. My son and his cousin (both 4) dressed up as Mary Poppins and Bert. So cute. Did anybody in the park even recognize them? Barely. Was it mobbed? Totally. Did they get candy. Barely. It was wall to wall people and we paid extra for it!!! If anybody wants to see the cutest couple in WDW in 2005 e-mail me for a picture.

pennst8r said:
WOW! I don't think it should be up to each individual CM at the entrance! It's not that I'm planning any bizarre costumes for my 3 DSs, but, let's face it, just about ANYTHING can be offensive to SOMEONE! (Sorry--I get ticked living here in Amish-ville where everything about Halloween is considered "evil".)

DS 5 plans on being Harry Potter...is that going to be offensive to WDW since it's a rival studio? :-) ---can't seem to get the sarcastic looking Smiley here!

:wave2: Hey neighbor!! :wave2:

I agree. Now I am rethinking my costume choices. I will be going as Malificent and my DH as Jafar. They are Disney related so we should be ok. :bitelip:

We're going on the 16th and our kids (3 and 4 years old) will be dressing up and we're on the fence. We went in 2003 and dressed the kids as Mickey and Minnie and they looked so cute. I wore an orange t-shirt I got at Target that said "This is My Costume" and my husband's orange shirt said "Rattle them Bones" and had dancing skeletons on it. For those who want to get in the spirit but don't want to dress up, those t-shirts are great. This year we want to dress up with the kids, but heat and comfort is a factor. I like the dalmation ideas on this thread alot and might do that.

We were surprised at how hot it was when we went. My son's Mickey costume was a one piece sweatsuit and we eventually had to take him out of it because he got too hot. That's why I think I will have my DD be Princess Jasmine in Florida because it's too cold for her to be that in New Jersey.

Oh my gosh, We're going to the party on Oct. 30 and doing the peter pan thing also. I'm Wendy, my BF is a crocodile, my DS6 is peter pan, my dd9 is Tink, my bf's dd12 is captain hook and my bf's ds 9 is a pirate. What are you going to do for Wendy? I'm on the lookout for a long blue nightgown that is NOT see thru!

We'll be going on Oct.6th as NFL extreme fans! My DH went along with this idea. My first idea was the Incredibles family from Disneydirect, and he didn't like that so much. We are all going as different NFL teams and trying to go all out. We are planning on face painting too! Banners are ready for the stroller and I'm still shopping e-bay for more!
I'm so glad that other grown ups are participating. I'm really looking forward to it! If it's crowded, hot or hurricaning, so be it. We'll be there with bells on, and Vikings purple ponchos. :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :earsboy:
Oh, the humor is that I only know the name of 1 player on each team we are dressing as. I totally don't follow NFL (yet)!

We're going 10/27. I'm going to be Grandmother Willow from Pocohantas and my DNiece is going to be Belle. I wanted her to be Flit but don't think anyone will get that. My Mom and DSis will not dress up. In fact, my Mom didn't even want to go to the party because she thought you HAD TO! :rotfl:
What a nutcase! She really cracks me up sometimes!

I just had to share the costumes that I made today for 2 of my kids. We are attending a Halloween Weekend at a local campground in a couple of weeks. These are costumes for that and not the ones that we will be wearing to MNSSHP, but I thought they came out cute so I'm going to share.

The first one is a hip sixies/disco warewolf costume for my 9 yr old.
WarewolfNickweb.jpg

The second is a beehive costume that I made when my 9 yr old was 3. It has been worn by many kids over the years so I had to make some new bees for it today, but it still looks cute. He will wear a black turtleneck and pants under it.
beehiveweb.jpg

my3princes...the werewolf is so cool and the little one is adorable! You did a terrific job!

Oooh, I love the witch's idea! What kind of shoes or boots would you wear? would you paint your face or wear a mask?

Redbudlover

my3princes: love the bee costume!

I'm actually a seamstress and started out in costumes. These past couple of years haven't been much fun as my daughter has started having her own ideas of costumes.

This year she wants to be 1/2 angel and 1/2 devil. Last year she was a vampire and the prior year a witch.

Halloween2004.jpg

Halloween2003.jpg

Halloween2002.jpg

My daughter is going to be a cowgirl. She has a puffy sleeve short sleeve shirt and a plain denim skirt that I'm going to attach some pink fringe to. I'm going to buy her a basic cow vest and she has a pink cowboy hat and boots. All the costumes I found are long pants and sleeves and I think she will be too hot since we are going on September 30th.

As far as me, I haven't decided yet. Even if I don't dress up I'll still wear a Halloween tee and some jewelry.

candleonwater said:
my3princes: love the bee costume!

I'm actually a seamstress and started out in costumes. These past couple of years haven't been much fun as my daughter has started having her own ideas of costumes.

This year she wants to be 1/2 angel and 1/2 devil. Last year she was a vampire and the prior year a witch.

Halloween2004.jpg

Halloween2003.jpg

Halloween2002.jpg

I love your costumes too. I like the Jessie one. She could have gone with my son we did a Woody costume 3 yrs ago, before you could buy them.

Deb

Here is one of our Hercules themed costumes. I made this from scratch. This is the young pegasus. The wings light up too.

pegasussideviewweb.jpg

and

Pegasusfrontviewweb.jpg

What do you think? I will post the others as I get my family to try them on again.

Deb

I LOVEEE that beehive it's soo cute!!
pegasus is cool with the light up wings!

DDs costume arrived yesterday and i had to try it on her she is going as minnie mouse on the 16th. her pic is at the bottom of my siggie!

have a great day!!

Pixiebell...although the costume says Belle it doesn't really look like her to me.More like a Goth or zombie or witch dress.It's not like it's Belle's more identifiable blue dress with the white apron! :rolleyes: I really think you should be okay! :sunny:Back in the 70's when I was in middle school I had a pair of patten leather Mary Janes almost like those!!! :earseek: :rotfl2:

my3princes...oh my that pegus is soooooooo cute!!! Very well done! :flower:

thanks for that Baloo, it was starting to worry me, as I sooo want to wear it!

To everyone else on here, you have such georgeous children and fantastic costumes, it almost makes me want to have children, just so I can get costume tips from you!!

We will either be there Sept 30 or Oct 2, so I hope I see some of you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter