Post your hilariously bad Disney tips/advice!

I've heard "You can skip Animal Kingdom - it's just a zoo."

Whaaaaa...?
That one I can see. There's a few attractions but a large part is about...animals. Before Pandora was added and before the park hours were lengthened the amount of non-animal attractions/rides was few. I wouldn't say it's just a zoo but if someone isn't into animals a whole ton and you're looking at costs and all it may not be the park you want to spend time and money on.

For me I don't skip any of them.

From my mother, during one of our WDW trips about 10 years ago: "Let's go to Adventureland first. We can ride Big Thunder Mountain later." And have to wait in a 2 hour line. Uh huh.

All Disney is is an amusement park. We have a lot of them much closer than going to Disney.

You can wing it.

You actually can and we do. We don't book FPs any more in advance than standing in line and waiting on a ride and then only if it's not more than 30 min. out. We book ADRs afternoon of or while walking around we find what's available right then. Half the time (pre-Covid) we don't even know what park we are going to until we get up and get moving around, if we aren't staying at an Epcot resort we just walk to the bus stop and get on the first bus that comes. We have always done it this way. We don't rope drop unless we just so happen to be up and about and going to that park anyway. Of course, all this was before Covid when you could park hop.

Cast Members are there make this a magical experience for the Guest. Besides, you're paying so much money as is, so let Passholders be Passholes!

Disney is for babies.

I was mad at that one. They said it in front of my mentally disabled sister, who loves Disney, but hates to to do for "babies/kids" because she is afraid people will judge and stare at her. The person was just mad we did not invite them to come along on our trip, and was trying to be dismissive. Thankfully I was able to tell my sister so many adults went no one would even look at her she reluctantly agreed to go. She went and had so much fun we went again, and she wants to go again.

From one of our relatives: "When your kids are grown up and out of the house, you'll stop going to Disneyland, right? I mean, Disney is just for kids." :rotfl2:

What's ironic is this same relative criticizes us for going to the same places for vacation every year, when the relative does the very same thing (just different places than we go to). I keep my mouth shut, but sometimes, I really want to say to the person, "How many times do you want to sit on the same beach in Mexico? Or stay at the same hotel in Italy? Don't you get bored doing the same thing every year?" :lmao:Of course, it's not boring if you enjoy it!

I wouldn't call this advice "hilariously bad". Are we talking WDW or DL? Because at DL you pay for Max Pass.

I am referring to WDW.

I have heard people recommend paying for fast passes so you can go in the faster line. I’ve also heard this at the park.

You actually can and we do. We don't book FPs any more in advance than standing in line and waiting on a ride and then only if it's not more than 30 min. out. We book ADRs afternoon of or while walking around we find what's available right then. Half the time (pre-Covid) we don't even know what park we are going to until we get up and get moving around, if we aren't staying at an Epcot resort we just walk to the bus stop and get on the first bus that comes. We have always done it this way. We don't rope drop unless we just so happen to be up and about and going to that park anyway. Of course, all this was before Covid when you could park hop.

Agree 110% - this is our general method of hitting WDW, too. Works well for us!

Disney is for babies.

I was mad at that one. They said it in front of my mentally disabled sister, who loves Disney, but hates to to do for "babies/kids" because she is afraid people will judge and stare at her. The person was just mad we did not invite them to come along on our trip, and was trying to be dismissive. Thankfully I was able to tell my sister so many adults went no one would even look at her she reluctantly agreed to go. She went and had so much fun we went again, and she wants to go again.
I just don't get the only for kids comments. I get that there are a lot of stuff geared towards kids but Disney can be fun for everyone. Kid at heart could be said the go-to requirement not actually being a kid ;)

It's Disney. People know kids get tired. Nobody cares, if your kids misbehave &/or have meltdowns in the restaurants. I've seen something similar to this posted many times on the Restaurant Board.

Park at Disney Springs for free parking. You can get a bus from there to a resort. From the resort, you get a bus to a park.

The monorail was to go through the Dolphin, that’s why there is the black square on the facade.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter