• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your favorite photo

Congratulations on getting through all that you went through! Recovering from brain surgery takes a loong time and you had 24??? I'm so happy that you are well! Thanks for sharing your story! You look fantastic! :thumbsup2 c :)

Aww, thanks Cryssi! Brain surgery does take a long time to recover from. I love that saying, "once the air hits your brain you're never the same," because it's soooo true. Thank you for the well wishes!!! Didn't I read on some thread that you had brain surgery?? Sorry if I'm being rude or forward, but I thought I remembered reading that about someone in passing on a thread, and I really thought it was you, if it's not I'm really sorry!!! :upsidedow

I completely agree!!

Oh-- Cryssi, I forgot when you asked if I had undergone 24, for the record it was only 19 neurosurgeries, 2 back surgeries, and 3 abdominal surgeries. So not 24! I was promised I wouldn't the number 20 mark for neurosurgeries, knock on wood!!! :wizard:

Your story is so heartwarming... makes me want to cry!!:goodvibes Your DH is such a wonderful guy, and you are right-- surrounding yourself with good people that love you is the ultimate key!

Now, on the other hand:sad2: Im not so sure about this bikini, photograph, Charleston thing.... I dont want to be the party pooper but,:scared: your chances of that happening are like the chances of me flying to india tomorrow for a haircut. Not happening..:eek:

But, I would love to watch those who want to... ill just take the photo. Hey, somebodies gotta do it!:cool2:

Thanks Maggie :goodvibes I learned a lot of lessons pretty early on in my life that you're not supposed to have to learn until you're much older, but I'm thankful for it because it's made me a better person. As the saying goes, in every curse there is a blessing, and there really always is, sometimes you just have to look for it.

Okay, the haircut in India thing really made me laugh!! :lmao: You're off the hook!!!

yup, that was me! :) I never heard that air hits the brain thing, but it's true! LOL

ok, but 19 neurosurgeries...still! And all those others, and look how you came out of them! :) :thumbsup2

Wow! Congraulations through making it through all of that tough stuff! I'm sure it wasn't easy, but it sounds like you came through it with a really good sense of the world and of yourself. :goodvibes

Aww, thanks Karen. It was def. an accomplishment!! But I truly am a better person for it, sometimes people have a hard time believing it. But I can't imagine myself any other way than I am today, and a lot of what made me who I am was going through all of that. So, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, it sounds so cliche, but it's so true :goodvibes I'm just happy to be here and treat everyday as a blessing. There were times where I really didn't know if I was going to make it, but I did, and I've done so well, and now I'm planning our dream wedding :goodvibes Thanks again :hug:

yup, that was me! :) I never heard that air hits the brain thing, but it's true! LOL

ok, but 19 neurosurgeries...still! And all those others, and look how you came out of them! :) :thumbsup2

I thought so!! I take it you're doing well now? I really hope so! Didn't it happen when you were in the middle of planning your wedding?! :eek: I thought I remembered reading something about how you couldn't get your wedding dress until later than you wanted because you had surgery? (Apparently brain surgery didn't affect my memory! :rotfl: ) I don't know HOW you handled that. That would have made me insane. For me, it was awful going through all that, but it has also made me so much more appreciative of the everyday things, I'm sure you can relate to that feeling :hug:

yup! good as new, except space mountain still makes my fingers tingly, which worries me b/c we're going to WDW in August and doggone it if I'm going to miss out on Expedition Everest! I am a little sad that I should probably avoid loopy coasters like rock n roller coaster...

We actually didn't have our planning meeting until March or something because of the surgery. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to get everything planned and done in time, but FTW assured me that they plan weddings in much less time than 6 mo! LOL I didn't post about it here while I was going through it, but maybe I should have?? lol

I love all the pictures
this is our favorite...(and it was our christmas card this year)

051261%20-%200811.jpg

WOW.. I love that photo.. Your family and friends must have loved seeing that in the Christmas Card.... So beautiful

mine's definately the one in my signature ... or maybe this one that was taken right after "exiting" the ceremony before we greated our guests. It was one of the best moments of the entire day because we both just realized we were married!
22bd.jpg

My DF and I at prom - talk about a flashback!
jm-11.jpg

And at Boma right after we got engaged!!
mikejamieeng.jpg

I LOVE your hair in your prom pic and have been looking for something similar to take pictures of with me for our wedding so I can show the hair sylists what I mean (I'm not a good explainer!) I know this is going to sound strange, but do you have any other pictures that show your hair better? :)

I LOVE your hair in your prom pic and have been looking for something similar to take pictures of with me for our wedding so I can show the hair sylists what I mean (I'm not a good explainer!) I know this is going to sound strange, but do you have any other pictures that show your hair better? :)

Of course!! I'm actually taking these pictures with me so I can see if the hairdresser can re-create it somehow. This was one of my favorite up-do's. Here are a couple pics I found on the computer...
DSC00022.jpg
DSC00031.jpg
DSC00001.jpg

I have a rediculous look on my face in this one, but it's a nice shot of my hair...:lmao:
DSC00023.jpg

Of course!! I'm actually taking these pictures with me so I can see if the hairdresser can re-create it somehow. This was one of my favorite up-do's. Here are a couple pics I found on the computer...

Thanks so much!!! Do you mind if I use them??

I love looking at everyone's pictures!!!! :) I need something fun and happy on this freezing Tuesday! :)

This is my favorite engagement picture
47b6d820b3127cce8a4672a6e9bb00000025102IbOGTNs5Y0

And this is my favorite wedding picture.
47b6d807b3127cce8aea73da736e00000015102IbOGTNs5Y0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter