• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

I was on the 2/24 sailing and i really recommend the character dance party. for us, it was on day 2. it's held in the lobby atrium and there weren't a lot of people there at all. The "see ya real soon" party was a bit crazy...everyone trying to get their last minute pics with the characters. The character dance party is a lot less crowded and fun! Also, my kids aren't really into princesses but if your kids are, i recommend you go early and wait if you plan to take pictures and get autographs during the "princess gathering". The kids really love it. We saw Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Tiana, Aurora, Ariel.

Do any more of you Dreamers have some answers for my questions below?

Did you feel the larger crowds?
How were the crowds at breakfast and lunch, espcially on Cabanas?
Would you eat in the restaurant below decks or Cabanas for your first boarding lunch?
Were there plenty of seats ourside at Cabanas?
Do you like the open deck between the family & Mickey pools?
Is there enough seating there?
Any reviews of the Quiet Cove? I've heard a few poor reviews.
1) Do you like the new pool configuration?
2) Is there enough sun with the new set up?
3)Any problem getting chairs?
4)Is it quiet enough for adults?
5) Are there too many kids plowing through?
What is your favorite feature of Dreams?
What is your least favorite feature?

I second this, I have fairly short hair and thought the dryer was laughable: 250 watts!!!!

On the Dream....Be sure the hairdryer is plugged into the correct outlet. It is a 220 volt. It worked fine for me in the right plug. My roommate had it in the wrong outlet and it did not work well for her. There is a 220 plug at the desk area.

I second this, I have fairly short hair and thought the dryer was laughable: 250 watts!!!!

I gave up on the hairdryer. I treated my self to a shampoo and blow dry in the spa after we returned to the boat on Castaway Cay. My hair looked pretty bad. Even a Micky hat wouldn't have helped! :earsboy:

This may be a dumb question but I've never cruised before, is there a place to change into your swimsuits before your room is ready? DH and the kids want to get on the Aqua Duck thing before it gets to crowded.

How crazy was it trying to get pictures with the princesses? We are debating if it will be easier on board or in the parks after the cruise.

Can kids (DD8) go from Oceaneer Club to Oceaneer Lab without having a parent to take them? Looking at the Navigators posted I can see my daughter wanting to do stuff that is at both places.

How crazy was it trying to get pictures with the princesses? We are debating if it will be easier on board or in the parks after the cruise.

It was very easy. The line was long but it moved fairly quickly. I'd guess we were on line about 15-20 minutes before we got to the first Princess. Plus there were two times during the day to see them.

Regarding the Oceaneers club and lab- They are all one continuous space. There are many rooms, and the computer updates every 20 seconds to let the staff know where the kids are (based on the mickey bands). The kids move freely throughout the space. When you show up to pick them up the cast member will be able to tell you right away which room they are in.

Don't be overwhelmed the first night at the "open house" for the clubs. It is CRAZY! Kids and parents are running everywhere, it is noisy and chaotic. I was considering not bringing my kids back, so I asked a CM if it would be like that the whole cruise, and she just giggled and assured me that once the parents were gone, and scheduled activities started it would be much calmer. She was right- my kids LOVED it, as it seemed most kids did.
There were around 75 CM's for the kids activities. On our last carnival cruise there were 4. The cast members weren't just babysitters- they were performers! They got into characters for different activities and were very hands on. My kids are still talking about it.

Thanks for the quick response, mdinowitz.

Yeah, I know she'll love it, and I am glad to hear that both are connected. As for chaos in the lab/club - it can't be any worse than her daycare. :rotfl:

It takes a special type of person to work in those places - I love my DD but I think I'd lose what was left of my sanity in about 3 hours... :rotfl2:

I gave up on the hairdryer. I treated my self to a shampoo and blow dry in the spa after we returned to the boat on Castaway Cay. My hair looked pretty bad. Even a Micky hat wouldn't have helped! :earsboy:

I just noted your Purdue avatar -- I worked at Purdue for decades prior to moving down here 6 years ago!

It was very easy. The line was long but it moved fairly quickly. I'd guess we were on line about 15-20 minutes before we got to the first Princess. Plus there were two times during the day to see them.

Do you have to wait in separate lines for each princess like in the park, or do you get to see them all once you get to the front of the line?

Can kids (DD8) go from Oceaneer Club to Oceaneer Lab without having a parent to take them? Looking at the Navigators posted I can see my daughter wanting to do stuff that is at both places.

Yes, they are connected so it is really just too different ends of one big area. You can also check them in at the OC and out at the OL or vise versa depending on what is most convenient for you. When you go to check them out, the kids wrist band will tell you exactly where they are in either area--very cool.

Do you have to wait in separate lines for each princess like in the park, or do you get to see them all once you get to the front of the line?

you get in one line and the princesses are lined up...you stop by each princess for a photo/autograph.

On the Dream....Be sure the hairdryer is plugged into the correct outlet. It is a 220 volt. It worked fine for me in the right plug. My roommate had it in the wrong outlet and it did not work well for her. There is a 220 plug at the desk area.
Recently sailed on the Dream and can confirm the hairdryer works great as long as you plug it into the far right outlet on the desk. Might have to unplug the Wave phone first. I also discovered an extra outlet next to the bed, so our room had plenty of outlets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter