Post-race restaurant

I realized later that I had totally messed up my eating schedule - not eating enough immediately post race and then being starving for dinner

I found that with a half (I have never done a marathon and have no interest) I have to eat something quickly. So the post-race food box counts for that. If I wait too long, my stomach shuts down and I simply cannot eat until nearly bedtime. I have the food box, I get to my room and become human again, then I go for a late-ish lunch, and it's perfect.

I would never last until dinner, unless I forgot to eat right after and let my stomach shut down. And if I did that, then I'm useless anyway.

I’m really trying to figure out which day to make our reservation for chef art smiths because: YUM!

sil and I had brunch there during “princess weekend” this year and those blueberry mimosas were delightful. They are only on the brunch menu though, which will make things slightly more difficult.
Judging by the comments of others, it looks like Saturday would be my best bet to actually be able to enjoy it since the half might be less likely to wreck my appetite.

I found that with a half (I have never done a marathon and have no interest) I have to eat something quickly. So the post-race food box counts for that. If I wait too long, my stomach shuts down and I simply cannot eat until nearly bedtime. I have the food box, I get to my room and become human again, then I go for a late-ish lunch, and it's perfect.

I would never last until dinner, unless I forgot to eat right after and let my stomach shut down. And if I did that, then I'm useless anyway.

That is almost exactly what happened to me. I ate the chips and cheese when we got back to the hotel room, but then hit the pool, hot tub, bath tub and then napped - never considering eating anything else. When I finally added "real food" later, my stomach was VERY unhappy with me as it was the first full meal that I had eaten in almost 24 hours. Lesson learned - the hard way!

Ahh. The the cheese like substance and corn chips are a favorite.

mmm.

Though I was quite upset when they brought that in and got rid of the hummus. LOVED the hummus from TOT 2013.

I swear to god if they don’t have the plastic cheese I will riot HATED it being replaced with hummus during 2019 W&D

Might not be able to get it this way anymore, but it also might be worth checking every so often, just in case.
https://www.amazon.com/Alejandro-Cheddar-Cheese-Flavored-Spread/dp/B073YKD8J9

After my first Princess Half in 2020, I was originally planning on Cosmic Rays (don't laugh - the toppings bar sounded AMAZING as I was running by!) but my mom decided I needed / deserved more than that. We ended up getting a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern and I don't think I have ever eaten so much in my entire life!

It was my goal to always make Liberty Tree Tavern my post-half meal, but sadly I haven't had a chance to do so yet. Going there for Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake will definitely be my first stop once I'm back racing in person.

I like a good breakfast/brunch. Like some others have said, I need to eat a little something pretty fast but I don't eat much right after running, even at home. I get a banana/granola bar/something real on my stomach (y'all can have my chips and plastic cheese!), get back to the room, shower, and I'm starving! For W&D, I have a breakfast at cape may cafe at 9:55. Can't wait to have ALL THE BREAKFAST!

After a race, I am starving. Ideal for me would be something like the all-you-can-eat breakfast in the Crystal Palace. And then I wouldn't eat again until last afternoon.

Typically, I have to grab a few quick bites from the tent, then spend a couple of hours back in the room to as my wife likes to say "become human again" (she doesn't run). Once done, we like to spend the day at Disney Springs doing a restaurant / bar crawl. A drink at one place, followed by water & an app at the next, drink at the next, rinse and repeat!

Last time we got a drink outside at Boathouse (do NOT recommend the Old Fashioned, I'm from KY and that just wasn't it), then moved onto Hangar Bar for some amazing chimichurri fries app, then Paradiso for a drink, then onto a couple of other places. Great way to kill the afternoon. Great food/drinks, not much walking, proudly strut around with the medal, etc!

We are going to do a celebration dinner Sunday night after MK closes. As soon as we finish the marathon and get cleaned up back at the hotel, it's off to MK for the rest of the day. Where Casey's Corner will be the first stop! All that sodium will be glorious after that run. Then every snack vending cart in MK will be a potential target. We haven't decided yet on the celebratory dinner. Will probably where we can get in and not too late as we have a flight home in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter