Post-race restaurant

Popo

Mouseketeer
I have found the discussion as to which restaurant is everyone's favorite the night before a race. Could not find a discussion for where everyone likes to celebrate finishing a race. I used to go to Narcoossee's for brunch. Sadly, they discontinued the brunch. I am now searching for a new place to celebrate. What is your favorite?

It depends. For W&D we celebrate at the after party and when I do the half I generally don't do anything special. For the MW Full the tradition is Boma for dinner Sunday night and as long as it remains back and a buffet that will be our plan this year.

We're big fans of Boma, possibly also because we like to stay at AKL, but it's a great restaurant to boot.

We usually have dinner at Ohana on Sunday night after the marathon. Last year was my first Dopey and we had brunch at Homecomin' after the Half Marathon, which was excellent and we plan on doing that again next year.

I think were doing lunch at Sci-Fi after the W&D half. I'll be by myself for the 5k tho, so I'm rewarding myself with beignets (sp?) at POFQ for breakfast after.

It always depends on the race for us. For Princess, our family likes to do Akershus. When we did Dopey, we did Artist Point (and had Dopey sign the medals). I can't remember what we chose for Wine and Dine, but I'm sure it was as themed as we could get.

I’m thinking of booking a Beaches & Cream lunch after the Princess Half. I know I want to do Animal Kingdom that day because it’s more walking and less standing in line, and it’s standing that kills my legs at Disney, but there aren’t any table service restaurants at AK that I eat at.

I have found the discussion as to which restaurant is everyone's favorite the night before a race. Could not find a discussion for where everyone likes to celebrate finishing a race. I used to go to Narcoossee's for brunch. Sadly, they discontinued the brunch. I am now searching for a new place to celebrate. What is your favorite?

I come at this question from a slightly different perspective. I don't book any "do or die" or favorite place post-race.

After my first half marathon, I made that mistake - picking the restaurant that I loved for a post race indulgence - and felt so poorly afterward that I spent the rest of the night on a park bench, saying "go ahead on that ride, I'll just hang out here." I realized later that I had totally messed up my eating schedule - not eating enough immediately post race and then being starving for dinner - but now my meals the day of the race are quick service so I can play things by ear. Celebrations come the next day when I am more comfortable that my stomach can handle it.

Just a slightly different perspective...

I come at this question from a slightly different perspective. I don't book any "do or die" or favorite place post-race.

After my first half marathon, I made that mistake - picking the restaurant that I loved for a post race indulgence - and felt so poorly afterward that I spent the rest of the night on a park bench, saying "go ahead on that ride, I'll just hang out here." I realized later that I had totally messed up my eating schedule - not eating enough immediately post race and then being starving for dinner - but now my meals the day of the race are quick service so I can play things by ear. Celebrations come the next day when I am more comfortable that my stomach can handle it.

Just a slightly different perspective...
That is something to consider. I’ll have to see how I feel after I do the virtual half in January

I know you are all talking table service, but one of the best things I ever ate in my life was a cinnamon roll from Gaston's after running a hard 10k. I've always been too physically devastated after a marathon to want much in the way of food.

I know you are all talking table service, but one of the best things I ever ate in my life was a cinnamon roll from Gaston's after running a hard 10k. I've always been too physically devastated after a marathon to want much in the way of food.
Hmmm, I have Epcot after the Princess 10K. Crepes or funnel cakes? 😋😋

After my Princess challenge, I desperately wanted a milkshake. I have been eyeing it at the food court for DAYS. We got back to the hotel and it was TOO EARLY!!! They didn't switch over to lunch for another 45 minutes. I'm pretty proud that I didn't melt into a blubbering mess right then and there. I don't remember when I wound up eating instead, but I know that it didn't taste as good as that milkshake would have.

After my Princess challenge, I desperately wanted a milkshake. I have been eyeing it at the food court for DAYS. We got back to the hotel and it was TOO EARLY!!! They didn't switch over to lunch for another 45 minutes. I'm pretty proud that I didn't melt into a blubbering mess right then and there. I don't remember when I wound up eating instead, but I know that it didn't taste as good as that milkshake would have.
A milkshake sounds amazing after a long race actually.

We celebrate on Tuesday night at V&A. Sunday is sometimes Jiko or Jaleo, and sometimes rehydration in Epcot or Disney Springs. Monday is DATW, so also rehydration in Epcot.
Yes to rehydration. After My last race I chose to start at one end of Disney Springs and go to the other.

That was me after the SW 10k in 2018 but swap milkshake with dole whip at Pop’s food court…Mickey Waffles were just as satisfying though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter