Post office on Castaway Cay?

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
We really want to mail some postcards from CC. Has the post office been open? Do we need to bring cash to purchase stamps? Just want to make sure we are prepared! Thanks!

Post office has been closed, you can buy bahama postage on the ship at guest services and they will mail it for you, although still waiting for postcards from the end of september.

Post office has been closed, you can buy bahama postage on the ship at guest services and they will mail it for you, although still waiting for postcards from the end of september.
Oh jeez, really? We sent out some on the ship mid-December, sucks that they'll be to family super late then :(

Oh jeez, really? We sent out some on the ship mid-December, sucks that they'll be to family super late then :(
My second trip to Castaway Cay, I mailed 5 postcards to family (including one to myself). 1 of them arrived after about 3 weeks. 3 others took 3-4 months to arrive. The one I mailed to myself - I'm still waiting (going on 11 years now).

We did the exact same thing. We were on the September 20 sailing on the Dream. We mailed quite a few postcards, and have not heard of any of them arriving.

We were there Thursday and Friday neither day did we see it open at any time.

We were on the October 9th Dream....just got our postcard today....when we didn't get them in December I just figured Disney lost them, or Captain Hook threw them outpirate:, it was a nice surprise

We were on the October 9th Dream....just got our postcard today....when we didn't get them in December I just figured Disney lost them, or Captain Hook threw them outpirate:, it was a nice surprise
Hopefully mine comes soon. We were last week of September. Did you drop your cards off at the post office or guest services on ship.

We were on the September 20th Dream sailing. My friend from a few states away finally got her postcard today. Nobody in our area got there’s yet, but I finally have some hope they might arrive.

My second trip to Castaway Cay, I mailed 5 postcards to family (including one to myself). 1 of them arrived after about 3 weeks. 3 others took 3-4 months to arrive. The one I mailed to myself - I'm still waiting (going on 11 years now).

Same with us! Mailed cards June 2012 - never arrived. :oops:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter