Post office on Castaway Cay?

iloveeeyore

DIS Veteran
We really want to mail some postcards from CC. Has the post office been open? Do we need to bring cash to purchase stamps? Just want to make sure we are prepared! Thanks!

TRTRguy

Mouseketeer
Post office has been closed, you can buy bahama postage on the ship at guest services and they will mail it for you, although still waiting for postcards from the end of september.

bayri

Earning My Ears
Post office has been closed, you can buy bahama postage on the ship at guest services and they will mail it for you, although still waiting for postcards from the end of september.
Oh jeez, really? We sent out some on the ship mid-December, sucks that they'll be to family super late then :(

PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
Oh jeez, really? We sent out some on the ship mid-December, sucks that they'll be to family super late then :(
My second trip to Castaway Cay, I mailed 5 postcards to family (including one to myself). 1 of them arrived after about 3 weeks. 3 others took 3-4 months to arrive. The one I mailed to myself - I'm still waiting (going on 11 years now).

Piglet_Mom

Earning My Ears
We did the exact same thing. We were on the September 20 sailing on the Dream. We mailed quite a few postcards, and have not heard of any of them arriving.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!