Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

How old are your kids? Everybody needs their own boarding pass. So either print them at the airport or make sure they have their eticket on their own phones. It gives you an option how you want to get the ticket, you can get it via text as well. So you could text it to them.
7 and 10 years. they have no phones

7 and 10 years. they have no phones

So you got early bird just for them? Their numbers might be quite a bit before you, If you’re planning to board together, they’ll have to go back to you, you can’t board ahead of your number with them.

But yes, I would print passes at the airport.

I currently have a flight booked that I need to cancel. It’s a Wanna Get Away fare, so I’d get travel credit if I cancel. Can I modify to the Anytime or Business Select, pay the difference, then cancel and get a full refund? Not sure how that works. Thanks!

thank you everyone who has helped with answering my questions.

I decided to just buy earlybird check in for everyone in our party. So I assume I am good to go right?

I just need to get my boarding pass on the app and check in the large bags in the airport? no need to do anything else since early bird check in checks you in automatically right?

I decided to just buy earlybird check in for everyone in our party. So I assume I am good to go right?

I just need to get my boarding pass on the app and check in the large bags in the airport? no need to do anything else since early bird check in checks you in automatically right?
correct

I currently have a flight booked that I need to cancel. It’s a Wanna Get Away fare, so I’d get travel credit if I cancel. Can I modify to the Anytime or Business Select, pay the difference, then cancel and get a full refund? Not sure how that works. Thanks!
No, the refund will be to the original form of payment for the flight, which in this case is travel fund plus a credit card for the difference.

Trying to lock in a rental car. Does it seem SW has stopped making flight changes once a reservation is booked. That happened to us several times in the past 3 years. I have not read about it lately. 🤞

Trying to lock in a rental car. Does it seem SW has stopped making flight changes once a reservation is booked. That happened to us several times in the past 3 years. I have not read about it lately. 🤞
They still make changes, but not like they were in 2020-2022. I think they've started scheduling less aggressively than they did. I wouldn't book pre-paid more than about 6 weeks out, but locking in a post-paid reservation now and following it with www.autoslash.com would seem a logical thing.

I read that you were going to print everyone else's passes at the airport...now that everyone has EB, and as long as you're all in order and can board at the same time, you can just pull their boarding passes in the app. This is what i do, we're a family of 4, and it works perfect every time. The gate agent will let them go ahead of me, scans each pass as they walk through and then i go.

Been a while since I've flown southwest. Does EBCI board before family boarding, or no?
Thanks guys :)
Family boarding is between boarding groups A & B. So if you have an A boarding group then you're good, but if you have a B boarding group, you are after family boarding. Sometimes, they announce that there is no family boarding and that you have to use your boarding group, but I have not seen that happen yet (though others here have mentioned it).

Family boarding is between boarding groups A & B. So if you have an A boarding group then you're good, but if you have a B boarding group, you are after family boarding. Sometimes, they announce that there is no family boarding and that you have to use your boarding group, but I have not seen that happen yet (though others here have mentioned it).
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking EBCI isnt even worth it for me then. I have a family of 4 adults flying from PHL to MCO on a saturday. If family boarding gets ahead of me, i'm screwed anyways, lol

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking EBCI isnt even worth it for me then. I have a family of 4 adults flying from PHL to MCO on a saturday. If family boarding gets ahead of me, i'm screwed anyways, lol
Anything up to a mid-B will be able to find two seats together pretty easily. With all of the extended status and including EBCI on anytime tickets, it's hard to get a mid B without EBCI. There have been reports of those with EBCI getting a C group on a few flights.

I was hoping for some advice!

I am taking my first solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. I always fly SW, but usually have a few of my kids with me, so we of course want to board as early as possible to get seats together.

For those who fly SW solo, how do you do about boarding? Do you still try to get there early and take a chance with the people who choose to sit next to you or do you prefer to board a little later and choose the people you sit next to?

I’m trying to decide if EBCI is even worth it for me.

I was hoping for some advice!

I am taking my first solo trip to WDW in a few weeks. I always fly SW, but usually have a few of my kids with me, so we of course want to board as early as possible to get seats together.

For those who fly SW solo, how do you do about boarding? Do you still try to get there early and take a chance with the people who choose to sit next to you or do you prefer to board a little later and choose the people you sit next to?

I’m trying to decide if EBCI is even worth it for me.

Solo Disney traveller here.....who often uses SW. I like sitting in the front of the plan in an aisle seat so I tend to get EBCI. Since I am often booking my flights with points...I don't feel bad paying the extra $25 for it!

Solo Disney traveller here.....who often uses SW. I like sitting in the front of the plan in an aisle seat so I tend to get EBCI. Since I am often booking my flights with points...I don't feel bad paying the extra $25 for it!

I am loving how everything is so much cheaper traveling solo! $25 does feel like nothing compared to what I usually spend!

I prefer to sit close the front as well, so perhaps the ECBI would be worth it. I’m just afraid of who might choose to sit next to me (I’m laughing at the thought of me being the person others are afraid will sit next to them as well. 😆)

It’s only a 2 hour flight, so it’s not the end of the world even if I end up in a middle seat somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter