Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I JUST saw that they published when their next round of flights would be released - a little too early for my next trip as we're looking to go back to Disney mid-October!

How long does it take for you initial rewards to show? I opened the card in July 2021 and spent my $2000 to earn 65000 points. I did all my spending within 2 weeks so it did not make it right before cycle. My cycle was Aug 19. I called and I saw my pts from purchases but not the bonus points. They transferred me to Chase and they said it would take 2 months. That would bring me to Sept 19. Today- still nothing. Can someone tell me how long it took there points to show?

When my DH & I got SW cards the bonus points posted the same month our spend posted if I remember right. But that was a few years ago. The way SW is going, I can see it taking longer right now. This is the credit card thread on the budget board. Someone there might have more current experience or info.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...ee-first-page-for-addl-details.3821593/unread

How long does it take for you initial rewards to show? I opened the card in July 2021 and spent my $2000 to earn 65000 points. I did all my spending within 2 weeks so it did not make it right before cycle. My cycle was Aug 19. I called and I saw my pts from purchases but not the bonus points. They transferred me to Chase and they said it would take 2 months. That would bring me to Sept 19. Today- still nothing. Can someone tell me how long it took there points to show?
i got a new card last Feb., spent $3000 and received the bonus in March. Then I spent another $7000 and got the extra bonus around June. Then spent enough to get the companion pass in August.

Flights into MCO just dropped for our dates, so I just changed us from Tampa! Whoo hoo!! That extra long car ride at the end of our trip or extra early on our way home.....gone!!! To say we are excited is an understatement and we are saving $11 per person! Sounds like an extra cupcake to me❤️

Can anyone tell me how to associate my kids' reservations with mine? Do I need to call? I would love it if I could accomplish this online. My DH is my companion so he will be automatically associated. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone tell me how to associate my kids' reservations with mine? Do I need to call? I would love it if I could accomplish this online. My DH is my companion so he will be automatically associated. Thanks for your help!
I usually pay for mine and theirs at the same time so it's all under one reservation. You'll probably have to call or chat with them to get the reservations linked.

Booked flights for me, dh and 2 kids. Dh used travel funds so his had to be separate. I’m a companion pass, then kids so we have 3 confirmation numbers to check in. Is spending 120 more to get ebc really my only option for us to be able to board together? They are 7&10. Too old for family boarding but too young to sit alone.
ETA funds for his, points for the kids

Booked flights for me, dh and 2 kids. Dh used travel funds so his had to be separate. I’m a companion pass, then kids so we have 3 confirmation numbers to check in. Is spending 120 more to get ebc really my only option for us to be able to board together? They are 7&10. Too old for family boarding but too young to sit alone.
No you could still board together without EBCI, you would just board at the latest position you get out of the three confirmation numbers. What I would do is have three devices set up to check in at T-24, then check them all in at the same time.

As mentioned by @EACarlson, when this happened to us we used the higher Boarding Group number to board.

E.g. If my DD was B14 and I was B32, we both lined up at B32 and boarded then.

Will Uber drop off right at SWA check in or do they have a set drop off location? When I arrived I was picked up right outside baggage claim it was great!

As mentioned by @EACarlson, when this happened to us we used the higher Boarding Group number to board.

E.g. If my DD was B14 and I was B32, we both lined up at B32 and boarded then.
ugh. So when we end up with a C boarding pass as the last # and there aren't seats together we get to be the jerks asking people to move. I am ridiculously irritated about this lol. The fact that their system forces you to book those things separately, so you have to check in separately. My kids are 7 & 10. too old for family boarding but too young to not sit with a parent.

Last edited:
ugh. So when we end up with a C boarding pass as the last # and there aren't seats together we get to be the jerks asking people to move. I am ridiculously irritated about this lol. The fact that their system forces you to book those things separately, so you have to check in separately. My kids are 7 & 10. too old for family boarding but too young to not sit with a parent.
SW does offer family boarding after A group but before B group. Sometimes they say it’s for families with children 6 and under but no one checks their ages. I’m sure you can board then with your kids.

I agree with @MarBee - just do family boarding. Nobody will police it... and it'll save you some stress. Once your kids look a little older, and it's clear you aren't eligible, then you might need to consider purchasing EBCI.

Or you can buy EBCI, or buy the upgraded boarding at the gate. Something I missed in your original post, if you are the companion to your husband, the system should automatically assign you a boarding place with him. Then you only have two to check in. Another option would be to check the kids in first, have them go and get a window and aisle, odds are very good that no single is going to want to sit between two kids.

Probably too late now, but you could have made the youngest kid his companion. And then you & the other child could have booked together with cash. Each kid would have been with a parent that way. You can change the companion 3 times a year, in case you needed to.

I have A-list and my child is my companion pass. Her ticket usually ends up being assigned closer in number to my husband, who I book with my points, than with me in business select. All 3 of us have different confirmation numbers, so it’s “really fun” at check in time…

I know it's stressful thinking of SW boarding with kids. Just wanted to ease some stress to say I've gotten C boarding group and still was able to sit with my kids- there were about 6 rows at the back of the plane still empty by the time we boarded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter