Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Just a request, if your flights are changing, would you mind giving dates? Trying to see what SW seems to be adjusting now...
Same! Looks like they are working into the beginning of Oct now. We fly out of PHL on 10/6 and home on 10/13. Just waiting for the axe to fall and my (so-far) perfectly planned trip hits the crapper!
I keep refreshing my Inbox.

Grrrr…SW just changed my perfect, non-stop flight BDL-MCO on 9/30 @ 7:05am-9:55am, and put me on a flight that now has TWO stops and into Orlando at 2pm! I'm so annoyed.

There are no non-stop flights from BDL this day so now I have to decide if I should go a day early (adding hotel cost) or switch to Jet Blue and shell out $300. 😡

Last edited:
Same! Looks like they are working into the beginning of Oct now. We fly out of PHL on 10/6 and home on 10/13. Just waiting for the axe to fall and my (so-far) perfectly planned trip hits the crapper!
Ugh. I know the feeling. I’ve had one flight change which worked out in my favor because we have no set plans and it’s a surprise trip so if I have to cancel last minute no big deal. But if they change my October flights I’m going to be super upset I didn’t choose the cheapest option and save 15k points per person if I have to pick a different, less desirable flight anyway.

Grrrr…SW just changed my perfect, non-stop flight BDL-MCO on 9/30 @ 7:05am-9:55am, and put mte on a flight that now has TWO stops and into Orlando at 2pm! I'm so annoyed.

There are no non-stop flights from BDL this day so now I have to decide if I should go a day early (adding hotel cost) or switch to Jet Blue and shell out $300. 😡
I’m so sorry! They switched our May (initially non-stop) flight out of BDL on us 3 times; we eventually had to fly out a day earlier than expected, at which point they changed it again. I’ve held off on booking our December flight down because I wanted to see if they were still making crazy changes…it looks like they are.

Last edited:
i just received my email that my flight changed. pitt-mco on October 1
please keep us updated on your flights. I fly out of PHL on 10/29 and I am waiting and hoping they don’t change my early direct flight. Fingers crossed they don’t change your flights

And at the same time, I just got updates about my late Aug trip (IND-SFO, SFO-LAX, LAX-IND). They're all over the map (and calendar!)

Ugh, both our to flights at the end of September now changed from very early morning direct flights to afternoon direct flights. For our departure days, SW removed all direct morning flights. Then, changed the one return from night direct flight to mid afternoon, to first a one stop, that I changed to mid afternoon, the only other later direct flight was unavailable. My other return night direct flight, like above, now 20 minutes earlier. Grrr very annoyed, even though I know PHL is not a SW hub. Very frustrating, even more so, as one I’d those September trips is a 3 night one. Takes away more than half a day of our time with the changes. Yeah, we could come a day later or leave later, but time off already set, as with good pricing on the hotels, and doing so will cost more for another hotel night and car rental day.

So we will live with what we have. And I would hate to do any stops, as the direct flight time is around 2 and a half hours.

Rant over. I do hope those changes stop soon.

ARGH! After hearing about all the changes I was looking at options last night...even though DH is not ready to discuss those options just yet....

BUT, our plan was if SW takes away our perfect non-stops then I was going to book similar flights on Delta - however, depending on when I look those flights range in price from $800-$900 vs. the FREE SW flights with points....

and now I found a $99 flight to MCO (from RDU) the night before and we could then stay at the Hyatt at MOC - which would be cheaper than the $800-$900 flights but DH doesn't know if he's on board with that plan...

I hate the not knowing!!!

:headache: :crazy2:

Notified last night that our 9/29 direct flight is no more. I booked it with the 50% off sale. It was the cheapest option and a super late direct flight, which was nice as we could work and go to school.
Now we switched to the early morning direct flight, which stinks because we have to take another day off of work/school, but now we get to enjoy our resort on that day, which is nice.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for my 10/6 flight home though. We booked the super late flight on purpose so we could spend the day in the parks. I'll be very sad if that gets changed.

Ugh, both our to flights at the end of September now changed from very early morning direct flights to afternoon direct flights. For our departure days, SW removed all direct morning flights. Then, changed the one return from night direct flight to mid afternoon, to first a one stop, that I changed to mid afternoon, the only other later direct flight was unavailable. My other return night direct flight, like above, now 20 minutes earlier. Grrr very annoyed, even though I know PHL is not a SW hub. Very frustrating, even more so, as one I’d those September trips is a 3 night one. Takes away more than half a day of our time with the changes. Yeah, we could come a day later or leave later, but time off already set, as with good pricing on the hotels, and doing so will cost more for another hotel night and car rental day.

So we will live with what we have. And I would hate to do any stops, as the direct flight time is around 2 and a half hours.

Rant over. I do hope those changes stop soon.
Notified last night that our 9/29 direct flight is no more. I booked it with the 50% off sale. It was the cheapest option and a super late direct flight, which was nice as we could work and go to school.
Now we switched to the early morning direct flight, which stinks because we have to take another day off of work/school, but now we get to enjoy our resort on that day, which is nice.
I'm assuming that both of you mean non-stop each time you say direct. All non stop flights are direct but not all directs are non stop. It would still be a direct flight if you stopped but didn't change planes.

Changes are going to be a way of life for probably another year. All the airlines are trying to figure out a way to balance loads and fares.

DH's return flight to DCA from MCO on 10/1 just got adjusted by 15 minutes, still nonstop. I'm returning 10/4 so we'll see. We just moved from Pittsburgh to No. VA and are close to DCA, I know SW does a lot more flights out of BWI. Maybe I will have to look into getting more American points! I do love the free bags and no change fees on SW though.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for my 10/6 flight home though. We booked the super late flight on purpose so we could spend the day in the parks. I'll be very sad if that gets changed.

Well at least you don’t have to pay price increase and can retain the sale price...I had also purchased my ticket on sale but then changed my flight and paid price increase and then SWA canceled my flight and I ended up with the original flight I had purchased at 50% off ☹️

We got the email I've been dreading: Flight change.

Turns out to be not so bad at all. Original 10/6 departure to MCO from PHL was 6:40am NOW>> 7:10am. I'd rather have the extra half hour ON VACATION but the rest of the family is happy for another half hour of sleep.
Hoping that's the only change to our flights, but not counting on it.

Woke up to the first notification I've gotten (usually I find out here that my flights have changed). 10/3 non-stop actually moved to a better time, but after waiting for 11 HOURS on hold with JetBlue yesterday to add my 13 year old to my itinerary for 10/3, I guess I'll stick with that flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter