Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Our flight to MCO on 5/5 and return on 5/15 was also changed today. Only got an email notification of the change to the 5/5 flight.

I just want to ask to be sure about something. For one of our flights, we make a stop but don't have to change planes. Specifically, we fly from STL to MKE and then to MCO, but don't change planes in MKE. We don't have to get off the plane in Milwaukee, right? We just sit tight while passengers get off and new passengers get on?

I just want to ask to be sure about something. For one of our flights, we make a stop but don't have to change planes. Specifically, we fly from STL to MKE and then to MCO, but don't change planes in MKE. We don't have to get off the plane in Milwaukee, right? We just sit tight while passengers get off and new passengers get on?

Correct. They'll let all the other passengers get off, do a head count, then let you switch seats if you want before the next flight boards.

(Reuters) - Southwest Airlines Co said on Monday it was pulling out all Boeing Co's 737 MAX jets from its flight schedules swa.is/2FRH8Ow through June 7, extending its earlier timeline by a week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...eing-737-max-pull-out-by-a-week-idUSKCN1RK1ND
I thought they probably would. AA extended it through June 5th. They have the same issues too of trying to accommodate existing schedules figuring out which ones they can move and adjust and shift passengers around. Just a big task to do IMO.

I'm just hoping that it's not the whole summer folks have to worry about with their flights!

I thought they probably would. AA extended it through June 5th. They have the same issues too of trying to accommodate existing schedules figuring out which ones they can move and adjust and shift passengers around. Just a big task to do IMO.

I'm just hoping that it's not the whole summer folks have to worry about with their flights!

Yeah...it's a shame for everyone involved in this whole ordeal. It's good that they are at least working on moving things around a month in advance and letting people know that their flights are being moved around if needed. I know people get upset with SW but I do believe they are doing their best with what they have to work with.

Usually you stay on the plane. However, if the 2nd flight has a different flight # then you may have to de-board and board again.

Usually you stay on the plane. However, if the 2nd flight has a different flight # then you may have to de-board and board again.

SW tells me "no plane change" at MKE. Also, it's one flight number from STL through MKE and on to MCO.

Got an email at 2am that my flight was changed for May 22. Hopefully this means that my flights this week and next are good to go. Those flights I’m flying by myself with my 2 year old and really need those direct flights!

I have 6 trips booked with them from May through August. Really hoping my summer flights don’t get changed

We just received notice that our June 7th flight home was switched to another flight three hours later: "This was done proactively due to a Southwest flight schedule change on your day of travel."

We also had our flight home cancelled by SWA on March 17 - while were were in Epcot on March 15! - so a 3-hour delay is definitely preferable to that 30-hour delay.

I have a flight to Texas in September that the flight #'s changed so I assume that they changed planes. Everything else stayed the same

My kids and I are flying to Disney this Friday and my husband is flying in on Sunday. How can I see if our flights have been canceled? It does show. both of our flights are sold out but I know that doesn’t necessarily mean they are canceled.

I've been checking my husband's flights (I don't know if he's even checking on it himself lol).

And so far the 3 flights he has actually booked

4/11 from LAX to KC
4/14 from KC to LAX
5/24 Omaha to KC......haven't changed ***knocking on wood here***

In terms of very near future he still has to book flights for
4/25 LAX to KC
4/28 KC to LAX
5/9 LAX to KC
5/12 KC to LAX
5/27 KC to LAX

His next flight after Memorial Day weekend would be 6/6 which is just before SWA has presently extended and then after that 6/9. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they extend it again. I feel like I'm more nervous about him flying from KC to LAX because there isn't really a good time for non-stop that gets him back to LAX in a reasonable time so he needs to take connecting flights. I think he may be more connecting in Phoenix but there is an option for connecting in Denver. I feel like Denver was one of the cities more impacted from what people were saying (and I do see a flight option on 4/14 connecting through Denver showing SOLD OUT) so perhaps that wouldn't be good to flying through there.

Correct. They'll let all the other passengers get off, do a head count, then let you switch seats if you want before the next flight boards.
We've used this opportunity in the past to move to the front rows after the head count was done. Quick exit when the plane landed!

My kids and I are flying to Disney this Friday and my husband is flying in on Sunday. How can I see if our flights have been canceled? It does show. both of our flights are sold out but I know that doesn’t necessarily mean they are canceled.
I've been going to the actual confirmation online to ensure our flights are still active, not going by the schedule. If they cancel or change a flight I'm sure it will show up on my confirmation page when I enter my confirmation number.

They changed the flight number of our May 2nd flight last Monday and that change was reflected when I logged in and viewed our itinerary.

Is there an easy way to check on your flight if you don't have a SW account? I booked ds and his gf separate from us and so their return flight doesn't show when I log into my account. I have their confirmation number, but I can't check it by flight status because the flight is in May. I've checked once by clicking the "change/cancel flight" button, but that makes me nervous because I don't want to risk doing anything, I just want to be able to SEE their flight.

Is there an easy way to check on your flight if you don't have a SW account? I booked ds and his gf separate from us and so their return flight doesn't show when I log into my account. I have their confirmation number, but I can't check it by flight status because the flight is in May. I've checked once by clicking the "change/cancel flight" button, but that makes me nervous because I don't want to risk doing anything, I just want to be able to SEE their flight.

Just pretend you want to book the flights they are on. That way you can see if it still shows up.

I found it! I'll include a picture in case it helps anyone else. On the SW home page, along the top is a row that says Flight/Hotel/Car/Vacations. If you click that, it pulls up a menu that has a "Manage Reservations" option. When you click that, you can search by confirmation# and first/last name.

SW home page.JPG

I got an email early this morning that our May 15th flight from Hartford to Orlando had been cancelled and rebooked. We originally had a one hour layover in Baltimore, but the second leg was apparently cancelled. The rebooked flight involved an extra stop, going from Hartford to Baltimore to Rochester (NY) to Orlando. :rolleyes:

Another alternative was a 3-1/2 hour layover in Baltimore instead of going to Rochester.

I looked at all the other options and ultimately requested they book us on a nonstop out of Providence, which took them forever to change, but they finally did it for us. :)

There was a 75 minute wait on the phone to get a SW agent, but thankfully they will put you in a virtual queue so you don't have to wait on hold the whole time. Instead, they call you back. (Then I had to call back for another 60 minute wait, because according to the second agent, the first agent made a mistake and missed a step on the rebooking.)

The downsides to this itinerary change are that we now have to drive to Providence (which is a longer drive for us than Hartford), and I also had to switch the return flight to Providence, which gets back much later than our original flight (after midnight).

At least both flights are now nonstop direct flights, so that will hopefully minimize the chances of any further hiccups.

P.S. Whenever I started to get upset about the situation, I thought of the passengers and crew of the planes that crashed. There are worse things than being inconvenienced while on vacation...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter