Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

When might this strike take place?
It's months away at least. The governmental restrictions on air line workers striking are almost identical to those for railroads. There will be plenty of notice. And the last time there was an airline strike, in 1997, President Clinton issued an EO stopping it in minutes.

Anyone have experience with the Same Day Change flesibility with WGA+ fare? We are booked to fly into MCO to visit my parents (not Disney sadly) and the price difference between the late night flight and one during the day was extrordinary. We booked WGA+ in hopes of changing to an earlier flight. My question is what TIME is same day? Midnight? 6am? Something else?

Anyone have experience with the Same Day Change flesibility with WGA+ fare? We are booked to fly into MCO to visit my parents (not Disney sadly) and the price difference between the late night flight and one during the day was extrordinary. We booked WGA+ in hopes of changing to an earlier flight. My question is what TIME is same day? Midnight? 6am? Something else?
12:01 AM local time at point of departure is what a SW rep said on FlyerTalk.

Check your flights! Southwest just changed both of my Philly-West Coast August flights to less desirable times. Each date has significantly fewer options than a day ago, so some combination of the connections were eliminated.

That being said, can we talk about Southwest in Denver? The system is offering me two options here, with either a 45 minute or a 5 hour layover. It's the same flight out of Philly either way, just a matter of whether I think I can get to the quick flight out of Denver or wait for the longer one.

It looks like they have a whole terminal to themselves, so maybe the 45 minute connection might be ok? Plus, if I miss that connection, I know there's another flight to San Diego that day, the one that they would be putting me on if I just book with the 5 hour layover. Worst case here is obviously we miss the 45 minute connection but then the 5 hour connection is too full for my family of five. In that case, there is one more direct SW flight even later, plus two United and two Frontier direct flights. I have travel insurance with missed connection coverage, so it would be a hassle but not an expense if we had to adjust out plans.

Thoughts? Do I try for the 45 minute layover in Denver?

Anyone flown out of Chicago-Midway with Southwest and had an issue with TSA and quart size liquids bag?
I cannot fit in a quart but can fit in 1 full quart and a 1/4 filled 2nd quart. Has anyone had to have there’s pitched lately ?

Anyone flown out of Chicago-Midway with Southwest and had an issue with TSA and quart size liquids bag?
I cannot fit in a quart but can fit in 1 full quart and a 1/4 filled 2nd quart. Has anyone had to have there’s pitched lately ?
I've never had them open my bag and look. In the 4 years I've had Pre I've never actually put my liquids in a ziplock. I'm always prepared with a quart bag in my backpack if they make me, but as a general rule they are all contained in my shaving kit.

While I know people who get through TSA without stuff getting caught and I myself have had that with things like a water bottle I would always plan to conform to their rules so I would pack in just a quart sized bag until they change the rules.

I've never had them open my bag and look. In the 4 years I've had Pre I've never actually put my liquids in a ziplock. I'm always prepared with a quart bag in my backpack if they make me, but as a general rule they are all contained in my shaving kit.
Pre-check is different though, same rules but you don't remove them from your bag. Although you are still supposed to have them in a quart sized bag.

Are any of them prescription meds? Those can be separate from your regular liquids & don’t count towards your limit. Otherwise the rule is a 1 qt bag per person. It’s TSA rules, Midway can’t make their own rules. Doesn’t matter if someone else got away with it. Any agent at any airport can enforce the rules at anytime.. and should be actually. Be prepared to toss anything that doesn’t fit if you get caught.

Have you tried using a Ziploc brand Quart Slider bag with the expandable bottom?
Yeah tbh I use clear bags that are just quart sized and I've found the ones that have the more square bottoms are better for packing stuff in there. I have several but the one I most recently got I like the best. All of them were purchased as a travel toiletry bottle kit type thing. The more structured square or rectangle bottom is the best for most travel liquid stuff I've found as it fits the shapes of things better.

Yeah tbh I use clear bags that are just quart sized and I've found the ones that have the more square bottoms are better for packing stuff in there. I have several but the one I most recently got I like the best. All of them were purchased as a travel toiletry bottle kit type thing. The more structured square or rectangle bottom is the best for most travel liquid stuff I've found as it fits the shapes of things better.
Saline and eye drops are considered medically necessary and do not need to be in the quart baggie, if those items are taking up space in yours.

edit: oops, sorry, replied to the wrong person!

Saline and eye drops are considered medically necessary and do not need to be in the quart baggie, if those items are taking up space in yours.
Yeah I have those and yes you're correct they do not count although you would need to declare that to the TSA when they are larger than 3oz so they can inspect it (how often they do actually inspect IDK). But it's good information in general. For the most part travel sized shaving cream/gel takes up the most space in my bag IME along with the Febreeze. What I ended up doing though for Febreeze is taking an empty spray travel sized bottle from the most recent kit I got and pouring it into that. I don't need the full sized travel bottle anyways and it takes up far less in a bag.

It's months away at least. The governmental restrictions on air line workers striking are almost identical to those for railroads. There will be plenty of notice. And the last time there was an airline strike, in 1997, President Clinton issued an EO stopping it in minutes.
Hope so our trip is June 20-28…🤞

Check your flights! Southwest just changed both of my Philly-West Coast August flights to less desirable times. Each date has significantly fewer options than a day ago, so some combination of the connections were eliminated.

That being said, can we talk about Southwest in Denver? The system is offering me two options here, with either a 45 minute or a 5 hour layover. It's the same flight out of Philly either way, just a matter of whether I think I can get to the quick flight out of Denver or wait for the longer one.

It looks like they have a whole terminal to themselves, so maybe the 45 minute connection might be ok? Plus, if I miss that connection, I know there's another flight to San Diego that day, the one that they would be putting me on if I just book with the 5 hour layover. Worst case here is obviously we miss the 45 minute connection but then the 5 hour connection is too full for my family of five. In that case, there is one more direct SW flight even later, plus two United and two Frontier direct flights. I have travel insurance with missed connection coverage, so it would be a hassle but not an expense if we had to adjust out plans.

Thoughts? Do I try for the 45 minute layover in Denver?

I think you’ll be fine with the 45 minute layover in Denver unless someone in your travel party has mobility issues. Southwest uses Terminal C, and while it’s big, there’s nothing that would prohibit you from making that flight unless your first flight is delayed.

After booking a last minute WDW trip for my daughter and I, I have just about depleted my RR points. I booked it last night and we are leaving tomorrow night and it cost me a whopping 82k in RR points and that was after using a 20% off promo code they had sent me a few months ago! I got the Anytime tickets so hopefully we will still be in the A boarding group. I have never booked a last minute flight before so I have real sticker shock right now. But I am happy we are getting to take this mother daughter graduation trip together before she starts college in the fall. We also lucked out and scored a Deluxe Studio at BLT for this weekend, which I'm glad because our only other option would have been SSR.

After booking a last minute WDW trip for my daughter and I, I have just about depleted my RR points. I booked it last night and we are leaving tomorrow night and it cost me a whopping 82k in RR points and that was after using a 20% off promo code they had sent me a few months ago! I got the Anytime tickets so hopefully we will still be in the A boarding group. I have never booked a last minute flight before so I have real sticker shock right now. But I am happy we are getting to take this mother daughter graduation trip together before she starts college in the fall. We also lucked out and scored a Deluxe Studio at BLT for this weekend, which I'm glad because our only other option would have been SSR.
Enjoy your trip, I find myself thinking about last minute trips a lot. Seems like Southwest makes the big jump in points 2 weeks out. You might be able to pick up something cheaper through Expedia last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter