Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

If my $75 travel credit applies to a flight I book is it still considered a revenue flight?

also are travel funds flights considered revenue flights?

One more. Are gift cards used to purchase flights considered revenue flights?

All these questions are related to earning A list status

One last question. If I want to book flights for me and kids and I pay for mine but they use travel funds will that still count towards my earning flights for a list?

“You receive 1,500 TQPs for every $10,000 in purchases on your Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card, or Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. Please remember, the maximum amount of TQPs you can receive from the Premier or Priority card is 15,000 ($100,000 in purchases) per year.”

So how do you earn the additional points needed? Or do you just have to have several SW cards to earn points on each separately to add up to the 35k necessary? I guess I should focus on reaching the flight numbers to qualify?

If you have one of the credit cards listed and it's registered in your name with your RR number on it, you will earn 1,500 RR bonus points for every $10,000 you charge to the card during a single year. The points earned thru the last statement closing date of the year will be added to the current year's TQP total; the bonus points do not carry over to the following year, and your TQP will reset at the beginning of each year. In order to get the maximum allowable bonus 15,000 TQP, you need to charge $100,000 to the card this year - that's a lot of $$$ for most individuals. Southwest has given all RR members an account boost this year, by starting your TQP balance at 15,000 points, instead of the normal -0-; those are not points that can be used to book flights, only for purposes of meeting the 35,000 TQP for A-List. Even if you get the 15,000 points from the credit card TQP, you are still in need of another 5,000 TQP, which must come from paid flights for yourself, this year.

If you don't earn the max 15,000 TQP from your credit card + paid flights, the only other way to earn A-List is by purchasing tickets and flying Southwest this year. Southwest has given your account a 15 flight boost, this year, toward the needed 25 paid flights booked and flown this year. You must complete the travel, nobody else.

A-List status can be a nice perk, but if you only fly Southwest a few times per year, and you want it for a better boarding position, you just may be fine with purchasing EBCI for your flights and not worry about earning status. The most recent targeted promo is a big boost toward earning status, if lucky enough to have received the offer.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on THURSDAY June 10th. (Two weeks from tomorrow). For those planning to snag flights, set those calendar reminders so you don't forget! I'll post additional reminders as the date draws nearer.

Currently SW is offering flights through 11/5/21 and this next release will take their schedule out to 1/5/22. This is a very popular release covering Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For those that care about "release timing" it can vary, but here are the recent "go live" of previous releases:
Release Date Time (eastern)
4/1/21 9:10am
12/10/20 7:15am
8/13/20 9:15am
5/28/20 9:06am
3/12/20 9:40am
12/11/19 9:10am
10/30/19 7:15am
9/26/19 7:30am
8/15/19 10:41am
5/30/19 9:20am

One last question. If I want to book flights for me and kids and I pay for mine but they use travel funds will that still count towards my earning flights for a list?

Your revenue flight counts. If you have travel funds in your account under your name, they may only be used for tickets in your name. Kids must have their own accounts with their own travel funds to be able to use in their names. If they do that, though, it counts under their accounts; you can’t combine family accounts.

We’re giving Credit Cardmembers uncapped spending to earn A-List and A-List Preferred status.
Our Premier, Priority, Premier Business, or Performance Credit Cardmembers can earn 1,500 tier qualifying points for every $10,000 spent using their Rapid Rewards Credit Card from the first day of the billing cycle ending in January 2021 through the last statement of December 2021 (the" promotion period") without the cap on how many TQPs you can earn during the promotion period, you can spend your way to status benefits during the promotion period.

Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmember spend to A-List status with unlimited tier qualifying points Promotion Terms and Conditions:

†During the promotional period you will continue to earn 1,500 tier qualifying points (TQPs) for every $10,000 in purchases with your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier, Priority, Premier Business, or Performance Business Credit Card from Chase (“promotional period” means the first day of your billing cycle ending in January 2021 through your last December 2021 statement date). There is no maximum number of TQPs that can be earned during the promotional period. Beginning with the day after your December 2021 statement date you will go back to earning 1,500 TQPs for each $10,000 in purchases up to $100,000 in purchases annually, which equal 15,000 TQPs ("annually" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date.). To qualify for this promotion, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Only the primary Cardmember who received this offer from Southwest Airlines is eligible for this promotion. Offer is non-transferable. TQPs are earned from revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines or when you, or an authorized user, use the Rapid Rewards Premier, Priority, Premier Business, or Performance Business Credit Card from Chase to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds. TQPs earned during a billing cycle on a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier, Priority, Premier Business, or Performance Business Credit Card from Chase are not available for qualification for benefits such as A-List and A-List Preferred status until they are posted to your Rapid Rewards account. The following will not count toward qualification for A-List or A-List Preferred status: Rapid Rewards program enrollment points; Rapid Rewards reward flights; Rapid Rewards Companion Pass travel; Rapid Rewards partner points except for TQPs earned on the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier, Priority, Premier Business, or Performance Business Credit Card from Chase; bonus Rapid Rewards points, unless specifically designated as such; non-revenue travel, unless specifically designated as eligible; stops at intermediate cities on connecting or through flights; and charter flights. TQPs are not redeemable for travel on Southwest or through the "More Rewards" site.

If my $75 travel credit applies to a flight I book is it still considered a revenue flight?

also are travel funds flights considered revenue flights?

One more. Are gift cards used to purchase flights considered revenue flights?

All these questions are related to earning A list status
My understanding is those would all be considered revenue flights. The only thing that is not are flights booked on points. I'm not sure where LUV vouchers fall in.

Is there some law or rule that you can cancel a flight within 24 hours and get a refund not travel funds?
answered my own question- got a refund to original form of payment. Thanks!

Glad you got your refund. I posted earlier that I booked a fully refundable flight & cancelled it within 3 minutes. I paid with a gift card originally & decided I wanted to use my SW credit card. When I cancelled I was given travel funds, so I called. I was told they have no way to refund to a gift card! Said I did not want a travel fund that expires in 1 year when I am entitled to a refund. Was told to email from the website. That was Tuesday, was forwarded to customer services. Still waiting for resolution.

Glad you got your refund. I posted earlier that I booked a fully refundable flight & cancelled it within 3 minutes. I paid with a gift card originally & decided I wanted to use my SW credit card. When I cancelled I was given travel funds, so I called. I was told they have no way to refund to a gift card! Said I did not want a travel fund that expires in 1 year when I am entitled to a refund. Was told to email from the website. That was Tuesday, was forwarded to customer services. Still waiting for resolution.
Looking at the Terms and Conditions. You should get your refund, it's just going to take a while because they computer won't do it automagically. Did you try calling the number given in the T&C's?

• For nonrefundable reservations canceled within 24 hours of booking – If you cancel online at Southwest.com, through the app, or call us within 24 hours of booking, you can receive a refund of any fare (including Wanna Get Away) back to the original form of payment or choose to convert the airfare into Travel Funds (credit to be used toward future travel), assuming it was also canceled within 24 hours of booking and in accordance with the No Show Policy. If you purchased all or part of the reservation using a Southwest gift card or a Southwest LUV Voucher and canceled the reservation within 24 hours of booking, contact our Customer Relations department at 1-855-234-4654.

Looking at the Terms and Conditions. You should get your refund, it's just going to take a while because they computer won't do it automagically. Did you try calling the number given in the T&C's?

• For nonrefundable reservations canceled within 24 hours of booking – If you cancel online at Southwest.com, through the app, or call us within 24 hours of booking, you can receive a refund of any fare (including Wanna Get Away) back to the original form of payment or choose to convert the airfare into Travel Funds (credit to be used toward future travel), assuming it was also canceled within 24 hours of booking and in accordance with the No Show Policy. If you purchased all or part of the reservation using a Southwest gift card or a Southwest LUV Voucher and canceled the reservation within 24 hours of booking, contact our Customer Relations department at 1-855-234-4654.

No, I called the normal customer service number. She told me where to go on the website & which links to use. I did receive a response saying they were forwarding it to customer relations. I’ll give them another day then call that number... Thanks so much!!

Due to a recent violent incident causing a Southwest F/A to lose two teeth, the result of an unruly passenger assaulting her, Southwest apparently is delaying/canceling the return of alcohol service. Resumption of alcohol service is ‘being re-evaluated,’ due to the ‘rise of passenger disruptions in flight,’ according to an internal memo reviewed by CNN.
The passenger was banned from ever flying Southwest, again, and was arrested for suspicion of felony battery.

If you watch the video, a male passenger stepped in. He sure looked like either a Federal Air Marshall or someone with a law enforcement background.

Resumption of onboard alcohol service cancelled

Last edited:
Omg how horrible...wow. I flew SW on 5.24 and they did make repeated , unusual announcements about no serving, or bringing to drink alcohol on board. I thought it strange since my other flight 3 days earlier had been a 7 am united flight that had alcohol as someone near me had it. This explains it. So sad. Hope the flight attendant is ok.

Is it common to get a red banner and be offered the same exact flight? (Same flight # too). Booked a flight yesterday for July

Is it common to get a red banner and be offered the same exact flight? (Same flight # too). Booked a flight yesterday for July
Yes...if your original flight shows, that means it is still scheduled to be operated; but, you still are able to make a change, within the 30 day window.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter