• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible October trip

Disney.fan

Mouseketeer
Hello :) Our family of four hasn't been to Disney since 2019. Our favorite time to go is May but just found out that due to schedule we won't be able to for May 2023 so we just had the idea to check into going October 2022 instead. I am trying to quickly think of that things that we have to consider (our passports don't expire until March 2023, we are all double vax'd). I am wondering what the current regulations/rules are for flying (covid testing coming and going, vax passports, etc.). Any other suggestions on things that should be considered are appreciated as well as I know things book up quickly. We are hoping to do a non-stop with Westjet. Thanks so much!

I wouldn't really worry about any rules yet considering they might change in 4 months. For now tho, there aren't any testing required for flying to either country. You just need to fill the arriveCan app when you are coming back.

Just keep in mind that October is now one of the busiest times of the year, so be prepared. That said, Halloween time at Disney is amazing and I definitely recommend it.
It's also hurricane season (though not as bad as August/September) so make you have some insurance or flexibility to cancel just in case.

We went the last week of October last year. The weather was great, it wasn't crazy hot like when we normally go in August, but was still hot enough that swimming was nice. The weekdays weren't too busy, but our last Saturday at Magic Kingdom was crazy busy. It was also the first week of Genie and we did not get the genie+. I did pay for us to ride Rise of the Resistance, Flight of Passage and 7Dwarves. Rise, we have gotten to the park early enough but went to do Slinky first and by the time we got over there it was crazy, then it kept breaking down. FOP we got the park late, so missed the shorter line and didn't want to miss it. 7D we did on our last night because it's one of my favs and while we'd been able to ride Splash and Big Thunder multiple times, 7D had a long line the whole time. We had a nice trip, it flew by. We didn't go to the after hours party they had last year, by the time I booked my trip it was sold out, but I have done MNSSHP a few times and we love it. But we love it for the short lines on rides, and don't do the extra characters.

For flights, they seem to change a lot unfortunately. I am not sure if they are starting to stabilize yet or not and just keep hearing horror stories about flying. We normally fly Air Canada because we're in Ottawa and no one else seems to offer direct flights but even they keep changing us to having to connect in Toronto or Montreal. Makes for a long day in a mask (was over 12 hours coming home last October, needed it on the bus to MCO which was 4 hours before the flight, and just a long day). I am not sure those mandates have changed yet.

Enjoy your trip, and the planning :)

Hello :) Our family of four hasn't been to Disney since 2019. Our favorite time to go is May but just found out that due to schedule we won't be able to for May 2023 so we just had the idea to check into going October 2022 instead. I am trying to quickly think of that things that we have to consider (our passports don't expire until March 2023, we are all double vax'd). I am wondering what the current regulations/rules are for flying (covid testing coming and going, vax passports, etc.). Any other suggestions on things that should be considered are appreciated as well as I know things book up quickly. We are hoping to do a non-stop with Westjet. Thanks so much!
We will be there the last week of September and first week of October. It'll also be out first trip since June 2019!

Where are you hoping to fly from?

It’s fun to see all the Hallowe’en decorations! They start being put up end of August! Have fun!

Have read on some vlogs that some park reservations completely booked for 2 days in October. Think first week of October? Def check the WDW park reservations calendar and see if this will be a problem for you. Could just be another WDW technical glitch but not a bad idea anyway to see if park reservations available for what you want each day.

Also keep an eye on your ADR booking window. 60 days out. You should have at least a month before your window opens but good idea to diarize the date so you don't forget and sleep in. Have a great vacation!

Have read on some vlogs that some park reservations completely booked for 2 days in October. Think first week of October? Def check the WDW park reservations calendar and see if this will be a problem for you. Could just be another WDW technical glitch but not a bad idea anyway to see if park reservations available for what you want each day.

Also keep an eye on your ADR booking window. 60 days out. You should have at least a month before your window opens but good idea to diarize the date so you don't forget and sleep in. Have a great vacation!

I'm headed down to WDW for CDN thanksgiving and that freaked me out so I went and checked and no park reservations are sold out.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets

Sorry to scare. This was a big news item about 2 weeks ago. Looks like either it was a typical WDW website glitch or they released more capacity. Glad it all worked out for you.
No worries it is a good reminder that I should get on buying the park tickets etc.
Having a room and flights are only part of what is needed!

We will be there for only 3 days prior to our cruise (Oct. 6-9) pending any delays with our flights! (WJ fingers crossed all goes smoothly as we are connecting through Toronto. WE are flying from Edmonton the night before, staying a night in the airport hotel (Gateway Sheraton) in Toronto then on that first flight into Orlando leaving at 10:10 am/ unfortunately there are ZERO direct flights , everything is connecting in Toronto! I sure hope nothing goes awry as we have the MNSSGP booked for our arrival night!
Fingers crossed some of this flight angst settles down by the Fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter