Possible Closing of Alien Encounter

I wish that Disney would do something with The Timekeeper too rather than taking out an attraction that still pulls in people. I'm confident that The Timekeeper won't be back since they've taken down the sign but why leave the building empty?

I like Lilo& Stitch the movie..dont get me wrong, but i love AE. Its one of my favorite attractions. Maybe i wouldnt mind as much if they moved AE to Disneyland or California Adventures. to me its a classic

My memory is a little rusty because this conversation took place on the day after groundhog day, but I had quite a lengthy discussion about life with one of the imagineers involved with the retrofit of AE (yes it was early February and on the DVC Members Cruise). He had to be a little cryptic for obvious reasons. Also, the project was just beginning and they were about to start the design phase so none of this may be true now (IOW, this was true a while ago but with the way Disney has been changing lately I have no Idea how much is still relevant)

-> The ride was going to be overhauled but left mostly intact.
-> Most of the main characters would stay, but they were going to find a way to insinuate a strong Stitch Presence.
-> They were not going to gut the entire ride and start from scratch

A few ideas I have,
-> The Director will change and probably be redone by another actor; Something about some photos Jeffry Jones took...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292325
-> It will have a tie in to the new cartoon series coming out next year
-> SIR is one of the most advanced animatronics that they make, so he will probably stay.
-> The re-written script will have Stitch cause the malfunction.
-> It will not be nearly as scary
-> It will be something that kids will be able to ride again and again.
-> I would like to see them have some sort of ride element rather than a seated 3D movie element; I like the way that rides flow better than the movies, but that would involve gutting and pasting, so it will probably remain similar in format.
-> They have some of their best imagineers working on this, so whatever it turns into will be fantastic!
-> If memory serves me, AE was originally going to be a showcase for some new Audio/Video system that blew everything else away, but a lot of it got cut because of $$$ (I.E. it got Ei$nered) I don't remember where I read it, but I will look for the link...

OK thats enough for now, just one more thing to do...Clap for the Tag Fairy...

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

:bounce:

Lilo and stitch was good until the last 45 mintues seemed to morph into a half hour kids television show before my very eyes. I really don't like the stitch idea and I think it would cheapen the ride, which in my opinion is prefectly fine the way it is.

Our family goes there every year. granted, I did not take my 2 kids with us until I felt they were ready.

But, oh yes every year stupid parents bring in 4-5 yr olds and those children are terrorized. Even though there are sufficient warnings out front letting you know what to expect.

I certaintly hope this closing isn't due in fact to parents complaining about their children being too scared. Disney does a good enough job preparing you ahead of time what you will encounter.

minijeanie, Stitch is very popular now, and they are not closing AE, they are adding a Stitch presence. FWIW...

:bounce:

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

The fun part of AE to me is the scariness of it caused by mostly non-visual sensory stimuli. I can't imagine Stitch somehow being in the dark while the alien threatens people so it seems like the show has to change quite a bit.

But I could be wrong. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter