Portofino Bay Deluxe 2 Queen Room

Thank you for confirming this issue! I’m so sorry you had to deal with the hassle of moving to another room.

And yes! The shower is where the tub used to be.

I’m just feeling lucky they had a different room to put us in in spring break season! We did check in early, so that probably helped. Hope they update the website description soon though—no bathtub can really be a big deal when you have little kids or babies, especially with the 90 degree weather we are experiencing this trip!

I am here now and encountered this exact issue. With three little kids, a shower was a no go. Called and pointed the website still as of today says shower AND tub. Our DS is on the spectrum and showers trigger sensory issues for him. They agreed to move us to a regular 2 queen garden room with a tub. Pretty furious about overpaying but glad I found this thread as I was just going to post a thread about it to warn others. DH and I both agreed the “regular” room did not really feel any smaller than the deluxe (plenty of room for the rollaway for our youngest DS) and the bathroom is much nicer. Save your money and skip deluxe.

What were they thinking taking out the tub in a family friendly hotel?!?! P.S. the deluxe room shower was not even a rainforest shower—just a regular standing shower with a sliding glass door. Definitely a downgrade.

They did the same thing at RPR. We always make a special request for a room with a tub since we have littles with us who need to have a bath. I don't know what they are thinking.

The space difference between the standard and deluxe room (at Portofino Bay) is only 40 sq feet or so which is quite minimal. Definitely not worth the difference anymore if you are wanting a tub.

Make sure you let management know. You should get some sort of compensation.

Thank you for confirming this issue! I’m so sorry you had to deal with the hassle of moving to another room.

And yes! The shower is where the tub used to be.

In January we were in Villa room 2559 for a week and it was still the “non updated configuration” in the bathroom area, obviously not all of the rooms had been fully reconfigured.

Throughout the entire week we stayed here the configuration of this room stayed the same.........

Not sure maybe we were at Epcot and it was just a “FIGMENT” of my imagination.....

Last edited:
They did the same thing at RPR. We always make a special request for a room with a tub since we have littles with us who need to have a bath. I don't know what they are thinking.

The space difference between the standard and deluxe room (at Portofino Bay) is only 40 sq feet or so which is quite minimal. Definitely not worth the difference anymore if you are wanting a tub.

Make sure you let management know. You should get some sort of compensation.
So I did go to a manager this morning and requested a refund of the rate difference between the deluxe and standard room and he did give me it. So I’m satisfied that is fair (though I kind of feel I shouldn’t have had to ask)
He mentioned they did the same bathroom change in the club level rooms so just mention so others are aware.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter