Port Orleans to Contemporary during marathon

Necroking

Earning My Ears
Staying at POR and going to Chef Mickey on February 24th. Ive read the walkway from MK to CR will be closed that morning. What would be my quickest option without having to get a Lyft?

You could take the monorail from MK to CR.

You could take the monorail from MK to CR.
Agreed- that’d be the way to do it.

Beware, MK busses are notoriously slow on half marathon mornings. I read yesterday (during half marathon that takes same route as the Feb race) about people being stuck in traffic for 45 min or more. My guess is even Lyft would have the same issue. So I’d either allow plenty of time... add at least an hour to your transport time... or I’d switch to another day or dinner. If you do leave early and it was quick and easy, you can cheer the runners a bit before breakfast as they enter MK!

So do you think this route would be quicker than taking a bus to disney springs and then another bus right to the Contemporary?

What time is your reservation? Disney springs buses start running mid morning... around 9 or so.

But, yes, i still think the monorail is the way to go

For the Princess Half Marathon (assuming the same course route is used this year as last year) buses from all resorts go to the TTC - NOT the MK bus plaza - until runners are cleared of that section of the course (I was in MK last year when the last runners went by on Main Street, which was about 8:30am).

So depending on your timing, your bus from POR to MK will likely go to the TTC. If so, take the resort monorail around to CR.

A word of advice, build in plenty of extra time that morning. It all depends on your timing and what's going on between points A and B, but it can be slow going getting around certain parts of WDW that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter