Port or Starboard?

kajohn

DIS Veteran
I'm getting ready to book my february 2003 cruise on the Magic, Eastern Itinerary and am wondering which side of the ship people prefer.

I would like to see the ports from our balcony, especially on Castaway Cay, and was wondering which side I should book on to see them, port side (cabins starting with 80) or starboard, (cabins starting with 85):)

Thanks,

We were Starboard - overlooked the industrial port in St Maarten, overlooked the Bay in St Thomas, and overlooked the beaches in CC....

BUT keep in mind, from what I've been told, there are no guarantees about which direction the captain will pull in...

I think the only thing close to a guarantee is that the ship will back in to the harbor at St. Thomas. For this, the starboard side gives a great view of the harbor and Charlotte Amalie. As stated above, the ship most often backs into Castaway Cay, too. If this is really an issue, your best bet is starboard.

With that said, I've stayed on both sides, and it didn't make a bit of difference as to how much we enjoyed the trip. We were hardly on board the ship while were were docked in St. Thomas, so we didn't have a lot of time to enjoy the view. Same for Castaway Cay. If you're on the side without the good view, you can go up on deck 10 or deck 4 and get the same view and take the same pictures.

We have sailed on the Magic twice now (and are currently on-board--Hooray!) Yesterday, while in St.Thomas, the ship pulled straight in, so those on the starboard side had a lovely view of the industrial side of the pier. Last time, we were also on the starboard side, yet the ship had backed-in, so we had a much lovelier view of the harbor.

So--there are no guarantees...

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest