"port" and "starboard" questions

mecook

Mouseketeer
In my language, port is the left side if you are on the ship and facing forward.
Ok, that said, deck plans show my cabin is on the port side. When the Wonder docks at Canaveral, Nassau, and CC, will my side of the ship be against the dock?
I think that Travel Channel show made it look like the starboard side would be against the dock at CC. If that is true, then will my "port side" window be facing the beach area of CC or not?
Maybe I haven't confused anyone....
Melanie

The ship backs in at CC so the port (left) side is facing the dock and the starboard (right) side is facing the beach and the rest of the island.

usually, but not always - the ship will back in or pull forward depending on weather conditions.. We stayed in a starboard room. On the four day cruise we saw the luggage and port in Canaveral (other side of the ship had a "marginally" better view, the Cape isn't much to look at), had to stand in the sun for the saftey drill (we are staying on the other side of the ship for this reason only next time). Saw downtown Nassau (the other side of the ship might have seen Atlantis?). Saw the beach at CC (which was really beautiful).

We pulled into CC, so just pick a room & enjoy the view no matter which side you on!! b

Ditto the previous cruiser. There is no saying which way you pull into CC, but any side has a fantastic view.

Enjoy your cruise.. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter