POR Preferred room question

mom2jacob

Mouseketeer
We booked the backbounce offer in Sept for next year at AK. We were at POR in a standard royal room ths last time- Oak in almost the back of the building. Well lets just say we had to walk so far to get anywhere. 2 of our stairs were blocked off due to maint. Took forever to get to elevator. Anyway we hated it from the get go. But my kids really really enjoyed the pool and the piano guy from the bar. They ended up wanting to leave the park just to go back and see him. So my husband wants to stay again due to the kids liking it so much.

So my question is if I get a preferred room at POR how far is the walking to the main building? It looks like it is a shorter walk without the bridges you have to cross from the mansion side. The buildings also look smaller with more walkways to the main areas.

We booked the backbounce offer in Sept for next year at AK. We were at POR in a standard royal room ths last time- Oak in almost the back of the building. Well lets just say we had to walk so far to get anywhere. 2 of our stairs were blocked off due to maint. Took forever to get to elevator. Anyway we hated it from the get go. But my kids really really enjoyed the pool and the piano guy from the bar. They ended up wanting to leave the park just to go back and see him. So my husband wants to stay again due to the kids liking it so much.

So my question is if I get a preferred room at POR how far is the walking to the main building? It looks like it is a shorter walk without the bridges you have to cross from the mansion side. The buildings also look smaller with more walkways to the main areas.

Preferred rooms are going to be in the AB section unless you're getting a princess room.

They will be in the 3 buildings nearest the main lobby (can't remember the actual numbers).

Walk time: 5 minutes? Probably less.

yea we are looking at the AB preferred rooms just want to make sure there are shorter walk to the front.

Preferred means they are closest to the main building and amentities.

It is a booking category and then you can make a request. The resort map is on the POR thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts