POR - booked a Royal Room but I have two boys! WWYD?

We booked a standard Royal Room for our last trip. Once I saw where they were located, and realized I could add park hoppers to our 7-day tickets and move to a regular Garden View for the same price we switched. Our son would have loved the room for about 20 minutes, but loved the hoppers even more. We also got our requested building of Magnolia Terrace which is so close to the main pool/lobby/bus, etc.

Bumbershoot, the last picture you posted made me :lmao:. It looks a little Haunted Mansion like. OP don't forget the fireworks in the headboards.

That is exactly why my kids want to stay in the Royal Rooms. I have one of each and was kind of worried about booking a Royal Room because my oldest really isn't into princesses anymore and my youngest is a boy but both think the fireworks on the headboards are going to be way more fabulous then I think they are. Our trip is not until next May so I am not sure if I will book a Royal Room river view or a regular River view room in the mansions. We really want to be close the bridge over to the pool so I think either one of those room types will get us close to it.

I've saved you a seat next to me on the Meanest Mother Ever bench. :) When I book our WDW trip I will consider other people's input but if I'm doing all the work there's a point at which I'm picking. If the OP wants a princess room, she should have it.

OOOhhh. Count me in!! I dragged my then 3 year old boy to the Epcot Princess lunch. Had awesome food, enjoyed the interaction with the princesses, and totally ignored his crossed arms and scowl and occasional "I YATE PWINCESSES"

Fond memories...

(Seriously, that made it WAY more memorable and funny. Great story to bring up when he brings a girl home from college. Meanest Mother Ever.)

OP--stay where you want--he'll get over it. Plus, the LED stuff is really cool and soothing regardless of whether or not you dig princesses.

OP, I understand your concern. Without turning this into a parenting thread, I also care what my DD thinks. I am not a "my way or the highway parent," and I didn't ever hear that as a kid.

That said, the Royal Rooms don't feel princess-y they feel rich and royal. There is so much to look at besides the princess pictures - the princes are there, and the faucet is Genie's lamp, the fireworks, etc.

I would play up the awesome pool and slide, the fireworks, etc. and see if you can get your son to come around. I wouldn't move to a pirate room with a child who is fearful of pirates, that is a vacation no one will enjoy. (Also, those pirate rooms are WAY further out from everything than the royal rooms).

We are staying in a Royal Room in September and my husband says the Royal Rooms look nice and do not look too girlie. He was willing to stay in a Little Mermaid room too for our little girl but I think he will enjoy the Royal Room better. Can't wait to go!!!

Thank you all! I sent my husband this thread... he was the one who first told me our older son would not like the princesses.

Very good advice here and I told my son (with authority) that I had decided we would stay in the fireworks rooms and he said, "Awesome mom!"

Looks like it's going to be just fine after all!

He's been to Disney four times, but all our trips have been offsite as we were traveling with other family and its just not efficient to get two-three rooms v. a pool home. So this will be a new, exciting experience for the boys. I did tell my older son that you can get Mickey wake up calls. Then, I thought, surely they still do that, but I don't know! I've not stayed onsite in 8 years! (pre kids)

I wouldn't worry. The boys in our family have always done fine with the princess's so long as there was plenty of food and the activities they love. Even as older teens they don't complain. However I'm sure they would enjoy the pirates theme better.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We stayed in a royal room 2 weeks ago, my boys are 12 and 7...they really liked the room... They pushed the button for the headboards over and over every night before they went to sleep! You will have fun!! Enjoy your trip!

We stayed in the Royal rooms in Dec and I think DH played with the headboards more than DD! LOL I didn't even notice right away any of the Princess details as the room just looked ROYAL, ie., Castle-like --fit for a Queen or KING! DH liked it as much as anybody and he's an Italian manly man! Trust me, they will be fine. Fax your request for OAK Manor, 2nd floor, close to the foot bridge-- it is a glorious VIEW. Check out the PortOrleans Riverside Thread.,..lots of advice on faxing your room requests and POR are very good about them.! ENJOY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter