POR ammenities..

ddisney333

#1 fan of Maleficent....
HI! Does anyone know if there are coffee markers or microwaves in the rooms at POR? We will be staying there in Aug. I know there are refridgerators but wasnt sure about the coffee makers or microwaves...

Thanks for the help,

ddisney333

There are no microwaves but there are little fridges in all moderates now. We never used the coffee makers - we always just walked to the food court and used our refillable mugs. Here is the list of what the room includes:

Irons, ironing boards, hair dryers and coffee pots in each room
In-room refrigerators
In-room safes
Disney Channel and ESPN
High-speed Internet access (additional fee applies)
Laundry facilities/services

By the way, the laundry rooms are by the quiet pools.

There is a 4 cup coffee maker in the room and they do provide
the prepacked filter type coffee, powdered unflavored creamer--Coffeemate
(I had to use 2 packs to have any strength to the coffee,
I'm used to french roast).
So bring your own preground coffee and 4 cup coffee filters
if you want good tasting coffee and then bring your cup to
the CS restaurant and get real Cream in your coffee.

Also, there is a Microwave in the CS restaurant that Guest can
and do use to heat things.

I've heard of POR guests requesting a microwave for in-room use and getting one brought in by mousekeeping - but it's not on the list of options that the hotel normally provides. Other people have commented that it may not be possible due to fire codes, but I do know some people have managed it. We just use the one in the food court.

Andre

Thank you all for your post. This really helps with our planning. My MIL wont have to bring her coffee maker now. Thanks again.

ddisney333

Does anyone use the in-room safes? Are they lock and key types and, if you have used them, are you comfortable doing so?

We have used the in room safes. They are lock and key. Never have had a problem with them. Although they are very small, maybe only 3" deep by maybe 10" high and wide.

Someone mentioned that we get Disney Channel and ESPN. Does this mean tht there are only two options for TV channels? It really doesn't matter since Disney Channel is all my kids watch but we will be at Disney during the olympics (I think?). I am sure DH will want to watch the highlights. Personnally, I couldn't be more thrilled. I was thinking about trying to make this a no TV vacation.

Is there really a microwave at the food court? That will make my DD14 so happy. We were planning on eating breakfast in the room. She can fix herself some hot oatmeal, one of her favorites! Is a toaster available?

There is a toaster and a microwave in the food court so your DD will be happy.

As ESPN is a Disney-owned channel, you'll apparently get: ESPN, ESPN Classic, ESPN 2 and ESPN News.

The River Roost lounge bar has a giant TV which tends to show sporting events too, so if the Olympics are popular enough in the USA, you may lose your hubby there on occasions... :)

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter