Popular rides that you're not FastPassing

We have never done FOP. We will be riding it for the first time next month. I had to FP it because I know my four year old can't wait that long. Also, I am praying she will be tall enough. Right now, she is 43 and 1/2 inches. I do think I want to try stand by eventually for this ride, because of the que.
The other option was not fastpass FOP and by the time you got through the standby line your daughter will be 16!

We do t ride anything without a fp.

This is us. No reason not to get a FP+ for any popular ride. The only time we don't get a FP+ is for attractions that don't need them, such as Nemo or Bugs Life. Even then we'll still get one if we need to use it to burn through our first 3.

We have had great luck the past 2 years' trips with walk-on for POTC a few times during each trip. It is one of my son's favorite so we have lucked out on walking on when he asks to ride.

I’m not a huge fan of most of the Disney coasters. I like Mine Train and Big Thunder for the theming but prefer the coasters at SeaWorld and Universal.

MK
Splash Mt.-seldom has a long wait early on in the day, even in summer
Space Mt-I rarely ride this one

Epcot
Test Track-I use single rider

DHD
Rock-n-Roller Coaster-single rider, rope drop, also skippable for me
Slinky Dog-not worth it for me, I actually prefer TSMM

AK
Expedition Everest-again, single rider

I don’t book these at 60 days but will often pick up as 4th, 5th, etc FPs:
Frozen Ever After
Navi River

We're doing EMM, so no need to FP 7DMT, Peter Pan, or anything in Fantasyland. And with two days at AK we're still FPing FOP twice and planning to do Navi River probably at park close.

We don't FP Peter Pan. It kills me, but my 71-year old mom loves Tinker Bell so the queue is one of her favorites. The things we do for the people we love, eh? LOL

Just back from a trip last week and definitely learned the answer to this question. We did FP+ for 7DMT and will not again. To us that ride was basically Thunder Mountain with a cute theme. We probably won't ride it again unless it has a short wait and we can just ride stand by. We will always use FP for Soarin because even the FP line takes at least 20 min. We waited 70 min for TT and that was downright painful but we'd rather have the FP for Soarin because we just enjoy it more. I'll never FP Star Tours, Small World, Pirates or Peter Pan. Just been on them too many times to be upset if we don't ride them. Will always FP for Splash because it is DH favorite ride and the stand by line moves slow. Not huge Pandora fans so we skipped AK this time around.

We actually use the opposite strategy...we book it KNOWING it is 50/50 it will go down and turns into an any attraction FP+. :-)
We tried that technique once. They kept telling us it would come back up shortly. It never turned into an any attraction. Though we’ve had that happen several times at the MK.

I doubt we will ever FP Frozen or Test Track over Soarin, Alien Saucers over Toy Story or Slinky Dog or Navi over FOP,

Skipped getting one for Big Thunder Mountain for my upcoming trip. If we don't get to rid it during fireworks or EMH then we'll just miss it...we don't really love it like we're suppose to I think.

This will be my first year getting FPs for Splash or BTMR. We have always done them at RD. Easy, short waits in the morning. But the kids want to do things a little differently this trip so we'll RD Fantasyland instead.

The other option was not fastpass FOP and by the time you got through the standby line your daughter will be 16!

I hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: I nearly wailed in laughter! My son is sleeping thank you very much! :lmao::lmao:

We never FP Soarin because it's just not worth it. If the line is short we will ride but it's not a must do for us. You have a 1 in 3 chance of being in the middle so... Also we do not FP Navi. Too short of a ride. And we never FP any shows like Indiana Jones, Frozen singalong, muppets etc.

Soarin. Last time we had a FP the line was longer than stand-by. Also we don't FP any of the shows, we've done them but no interest in repeating.

The big decision to make for what not to FP for us is always at the MK. I usually skip Big Thunder because I can typically get rolling FPs for it during the afternoon. Splash is my favorite WDW attraction, but sometimes it's down when we go. That helps with the decision too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter