Popcorn Bucket

This Disney Mom Panel Post says you can. I think they'd be in the know.
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...rn-parks-second-bring-popcorn-buckets-358672/

I'd like to know how much the bucket costs currently on the cruise and how much is the refill.

I agree, they should know. However a couple of weeks ago they had the answer as being no. So they either changed the policy between last Jan and now, or even they can't decide.

edit to add link from when they said no to refills, was answered April 8, 2018 by Beth from mom's panel. https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-time-cruising-disney-become-slightly-366885/

Last edited:
On my Magic Marvel Cruise in January, I forgot to bring one of my Park buckets. I was pleased they were selling a cruise-specific Marvel design one and purchased that. It’s the only cruise-specific one I know of, though.

Got the same one, also in January -- after hearing on the boards that they'd just be the same buckets as in the parks, I was very pleasantly surprised to be able to buy an MDAS-specific bucket. Of course, if I bring it back on a non-MDAS cruise it'll be obvious I didn't buy it recently. From what others have said, though, I figure it'll be worth bringing it, and if they say no I'll just buy a new one. I don't want to own tons of these buckets, and bringing one with me isn't a big burden since I found it handy on the return trip for packing small and/or fragile things (I just tucked my socks around them inside the bucket).

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...rn-parks-second-bring-popcorn-buckets-358672/

I'd like to know how much the bucket costs currently on the cruise and how much is the refill.

Maybe someone else will answer, but in five hours or so I'll have access to my budget tracking notes (if I can still find them...) and can proooobably figure that out for you. I want to say the refills were under $2, but I don't remember the bucket price.

Sadly, the Disney Mom's Panel is only slightly better than "my bus driver said". Disney does NOT fact check the information they give out, so it is only based on their experience - which can lead to contradictory answers depending on who is answering. Which yes, I have seen before.

Refill bucket cost is $1.50 and comes on the bill as $1.73 I believe.

True that they are only there when a movie is playing if you want it as a snack. But they are always running movies so I passed the guy working there a lot and he would say hi each time or wave to me...lol

Looks like I paid $8.83 for the bucket (actual price on bill after gratuity, etc.). I think NAB is right; I have a charge for $1.73 on the one night I bought a popcorn refill by itself.

Thank you! I think that's a good deal for our 14 night. I'm usually just too full to even think about popcorn but of course my girls have wanted it especially when their friends get it. I'll make them share the bucket though because I'm such a mean mom. ;-)

Sadly, the Disney Mom's Panel is only slightly better than "my bus driver said". Disney does NOT fact check the information they give out, so it is only based on their experience - which can lead to contradictory answers depending on who is answering. Which yes, I have seen before.

My mistake. I thought they went through training or something on things.

My mistake. I thought they went through training or something on things.

They get visits and may have some seminars, but nothing that is 100% definitive. Even their paid workers don't always have the correct information (see also: the number of times the call center reps guarantee something that they cannot or give out incorrect information).

Refill bucket cost is $1.50 and comes on the bill as $1.73 I believe.

True that they are only there when a movie is playing if you want it as a snack. But they are always running movies so I passed the guy working there a lot and he would say hi each time or wave to me...lol

I can see my youngest using this way too much. I may have to tell her only once a day!

Just returned from our cruise aboard the Wonder. My wife brought our Disney Parks bucket (from 3 years ago with the Seven Dwarfs on it, purple lid). The concessions guy asked her "Refill?" as she walked up to him, without her even saying a word. Charged $1.73 to the room and that was it. The bucket also came in handy for carrying pastries and donuts from breakfast when not using it for popcorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter