Pop up questions

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
Where do you store everything for a pop up trailer? I have always wondered this, especially when traveling.

We are debating buying one. My father is wanting to give us his trailer. It needs alot of work so we are thinking of buying a pop up. Just trying to find out the pros and cons.

Thanks for your help.

We just got our first pop-up last year and we love it! We store a lot of our stuff under the benches by the table - I don't know how yours will be, but our benches have flip-top lids with lots of room for storage underneath. These benches, along with the table when flipped upside down, also serve as another bed.

We store other stuff in a couple of big rubbermaid containers with lids. They fit nicely in the open space in the middle of the trailer when everything is folded down for travel. You will be surprised at how much storage space there actually is in pop-ups! You can make use of every single inch! :-)

What are you going to tow your trailer with?? if you have the proper tow vehicle you may want ot consider a regular trailer or even a "Hybrid" trailer, a hybrid is a regular trailer with Pop out ends simular to a Pop up, the difference price is not tremendous.

Feel free to ask lots of questions, we love to talk camping here:D :D

We store everything in our camper! There are 5 of us and there's plenty of room for clothes, toys, etc. We even have room for a porta-crib, and all the baby accessories (including a stroller). I'm not sure how DH does it, but he manages to get everything in the pop-up.

A couple of years ago we bought the Igloo Plug in coolers. They work great. We plug the coolers in the back of the van and there's always cold juice and snacks for our LONG ride to Disney.

I also pack all the clothes in the camper except for one change for when we reach to warmer weather.

We are towing it with a Toyota Tundra - capable of towing up to 7000 lbs. I was looking at a website and saw canvas cubbies in one and I didn't understand how you put your food and such away. I didn't see any under neath storage. I am hoping we buy one late this year or early next year. We are hoping to go to disney in October of 2002, maybe 2003.

You will be able to get ALOT of your stuff in the camper but you will probably still have to take coolers,food,clothes in your car. We get so much stuff in the camper and we do overpack but we have a older popup and have to take our clothes and food and it we take an additional screen room in the truck.

As others have said, there is lots of room under the benches. Some models have cabinets and drawers for additional storage.

One of the best sources of information on Pop-Up campers is the message board for Pop Up Times (the only magazine for pop up campers)

Pop Up Times Web Site

On the left side select message boards and away you go.

I also have a web site for pop up camping, Natasha's Camping Site .

At the bottom of my home page is a link to the pop up camping web ring. Lots of information available there.

Good luck, I would say get the pop-up and have fun.

As for me, 48 days until we get to FW again!!:bounce: :bounce:

We're like the others, We pack in big rubbermaid bins (sleeping bags & food) We leave the food container inside on one counter and use the top of it for a cabinet (I am making a wood insert to to lay in the top of the lid so it is a little flatter) Our clothes we leave in the truck and take out a change for the next day. That espcially works well at Disney because we won't use the truck much. We purchased a plastic drawer unit that sits on a counter to put our daughter's toys in to help keep the popup a little less clutter free. We really love the popup. It's easy to tow, easy to set up and comfortable especially since we tented camped for many years. Good luck and have Fun!
TomM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter