Pop, pop, pop!!!!

I have never noticed those either. Hmmmm....me or souvenirs or both?

I love those little collectibles! They've had them for a few years now and keep releasing new series. I have a bunch on my dresser, but have succumbed to the evil Vinylmations. I'm glad you guys are having a great time!!

Here's a few pics from the Net for those curious...

100_1563.JPG

100_1565.JPG

20080610_214701_1d20_1.jpg

I can see Greg going for these. :goodvibes

They always have them on an end cap with a clear, plastic box displaying the current series. They're super cute, but oh so addicting.

I love those little collectibles! They've had them for a few years now and keep releasing new series. I have a bunch on my dresser, but have succumbed to the evil Vinylmations. I'm glad you guys are having a great time!!

100_1563.JPG

100_1565.JPG

Thanks so much, I saw those in May, but didn't know what they were.....I'll have to get a couple in October and see what I get.

I'm really loving your reports and so glad you had a great time yesterday. Keep them coming.

Great TR! I poked my head into the FC as we were racing to the bus for Boma on Monday, but didn't see anything that looked like a DIS meet. :sad1: We were probably just too early, but glad you had fun.

I'm bummed that we never ran into your family, but we're kind of on the opposite schedule--we hang out at the resort all day, then leave in the late afternoon for dinner and late nights in the parks. It's backwards, but works for us--being from the left coast it's 3 hours earlier for us anyway. It's also much cooler at midnight than at noon, and I don't have to argue with my kids about sunscreen. :laughing:

Although I'm never ready to go home, at least this trip I'll have the podcast with all your stories to look forward to!

Thanks so much, I saw those in May, but didn't know what they were.....I'll have to get a couple in October and see what I get.

:laughing: If only I could just get a couple! I looked on ebay quickly and there are 10 series already, so that's 180 plus you would get a few doubles! I wish I'd spotted them earlier. I know if I start collecting I'll want them all, some are on $0.99 but others are more than the cost of the 3 pack. Never mind at least I can get some Pook*A*Looz :goodvibes

So happy I listened to the podcast today to hear about the trip report.

I was supposed to come to the meet on Monday but couldn't get away from work (even though I work from home) to get over and meet everyone.

Reading through the posts shines places a few rays of light on a rough time I am going through.

Can't wait for the next post!
Holly

:laughing: If only I could just get a couple! I looked on ebay quickly and there are 10 series already, so that's 180 plus you would get a few doubles! I wish I'd spotted them earlier. I know if I start collecting I'll want them all, some are on $0.99 but others are more than the cost of the 3 pack. Never mind at least I can get some Pook*A*Looz :goodvibes

You can always just focus on the new series as they come out. ;)

100_1563.JPG

100_1565.JPG

I first noticed these in 2008 at Once Upon a Toy in DTD near the Star Wars section. I think they originally came out with the Star Wars Mini sets and then added the Park Series last year.

Boo Hoo!!! It's our last night here and I am both sad to go and will be happy to get home.

Our Day started early (3am) Grace woke up not feeling well. Nothing really bad, just a tummy ache and basic crappy feeling. She decided to take a bath to relax. 2 hours later I realized she was still in the tub. By the time she got back to bed , my alarm clock was going off to start the day. Kelvin got up and ready to go. the girls and I stayed in bed till 8. Stella and I got ready to start the day. We has a noon res at 50's Primetime we didn't want to miss. Grace decided to sleep in while the 3 of us headed over to the Studios for the morning, lunch and an early afternoon. Kelvin had gone over to the POP store for some Pepto Bismol for Grace. $4.95 for a tiny bottle. Who knew we would need this when we left home. I packed pain meds and bandaids. but never thought about tummy issues. We spoke to Grace and decided that she would be fine alone in the room for several hours. She promised not to go out and we hung the do not disturb thing on the door. I also texted her several times during the day to check on her.

When we first got to HS we went right to The Great Movie ride, (I always do this first) Shopping with Stella was also in order and we had a great time picking out more of our little collectibles. I know people thought we were crazy standing there touching the little bags trying to figure out what was inside. Kelvin headed for the smoking area to wait us out. And this reminds me to tell you about Kelvin and his smoking area encounters. ALl week he has been telling me of the people he has been meeting while smoking. (I wondered what was taking him so long). He got up to smoke at the end of Dinner at Trails End the other night and never came back.We found him outside talking to Clyde from Tennessee. It was his first time at Disney And he was staying at Fort Wilderness. Then there was the lady from Conn. who was telling him about the $14 a pack for cigs she pays at home. He always came back with a story about someone he met. Kinda cool, but smoke you cig and get back to us We are waiting on you.

Lunch at 50's was perfect. I have eaten there many times, but this time we got cousin Joey as our server and he was great. Lots of interaction.... fussed at me for my elbow on the table ( this took Stella by surprise and she laughed forever)... Joey stuffed corn in Kelvin's mouth... Passed around a birthday card for evryone to sign for the lady at the next table. He even asked who was missing and told us to tell Grace that she would get in trouble with "mom" for not coming in to lunch.

After lunch we went ovr to animation to see who was out for meet and greets. Latso, Mr Incredible, Mickey, Chip and Dale and Little Einsteins were some that we saw. Stella was really inspired by the art we looked at. We spent a great deal of time just looking around and trying to stay cool.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that this morning I realized that since Grace missed lunch and We didn't use her Table credit at Kona the other night that we now had 2 extra table credits left. So We decided to get a res for tonight and just pay out of pocket for the girls. We found a spot at Olivia's for 7pm.

Our plan was to go back for an afternoon swim, pick up Grace, do dinner and head back to the Studios for the evening. We got as far as dinner when it started to rain. Grace was not happy about missing the park, but I wasn't going to walk around in the rain all evening.

Dinner at Olivia's was odd to say the least. Our server was over extended and inexperienced. Our drinks were never refilled, he never checked on us and he gave us someone elses check in the end. The food was great. I felt sorry for him, you could tell he was stressing out and needed help. He got a good tip from me for effort and a nice smile as he went by without stopping.

Ater the rained stopped We headed to the pool for one last swim. I was sitting on the edge dangling my feet in the water while talking to Kelvin and the girls when a woman bounced over in the water to join us. 2 hours later I knew everything you could possibily want to know about Joan, her kids, grandkids, boyfriend, sister, her job, her weight loss, her bank account, what this trip cost her, How much she owes fashion bug, What she has eaten at every meal this week................................................. too much info. The woman was younger than me and had 10 grandkids!!!!!!!

MY bags are packed, I've called Max and told him to clean the kitchen.. We head back north in the morning. We have 3 quick service credits to use at breakfast and 13 snack credits to use too.

Oh lord, I called Max last night to make sure he had been feeding the fish ( Stella was worried) Max Said " we have a fish?" I pray Fred is till floating right side up when we get home tomorrow.

What A great time this has been. And a learning experience too.

People always say to me that I am lucky to live so close to Disney. And I agree, that I am. But you know what? living here in Orlando is nothing compared to taking a Disney vacation and experiencing the "total package" of staying on property. Life is good!! Thank You Pete for this challenge (and the money still in my pocket). Thanks to Walter for covering for me at work so I could focus on the trip.

Todays totals: Table service credits,5. Quick service, 1 Snacks, 0

Money spent: Pepto Bismol, $4.95. Shopping at hollywood Studios, $70.45

night all,

T.:)

Oh, Teresa you have a great writing style. I have loved living vicariously through you this week. You need to have more of a presence on the DIS Unplugged Blog!

BTW:

Max Said " we have a fish?"

Best Trip report line ever. I spit out my drink laughing when I read that.:rotfl:

Great trip report and I'm so glad you got to experience the total package like many of us do. I know what you mean about the smoking sections...I've met a LOT of wonderful people while sitting in them....some really like to talk...

I have so enjoyed reading your reports. You write very much how you talk on the Podcast, which is a good thing! I am glad you and your family enjoyed your trip. Hope you add some post trip reports so we can continue to enjoy your writing.

Bannermouse

I have really enjoyed your trip report this week; I am sad that it is coming to an end. I'm glad that your family had a great vacation.

Wow! Your trip went by fast! Thanks for the laughs and sharing your trip with all of us.

But, I want to know one more thing: what did you use all your unused dining credits for?? I hope you hit the gift shop and brought home some yummy treats to make the magic last just a little longer.....

KIM
POP Century 08/25-09/03 - YAY!

Great job Teresa!!!!
I am here right now too, tagging along with my hubby for a conference & I agree with you.......I have no idea how people can stay in the parks all day with this HEAT!
So glad you guys had a fun time & got to experience the WHOLE package.

Now..........I'm off to do unsupervised Disney shopping at DTD.:cool1:

have really enjoyed your report Teresa! And love those party packs you found- those are great. I will be buying some for my DS when we go in December! Do they sell them at disneyland too- i am heading out there in like 3 weeks and would love to find some there too.

Thanks again for sharing- it was a lot of fun! And like you said, sounds like a fabulous time experiencing the full package of staying on site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter