POP or POR?

Nikki0923

Earning My Ears
I need some opinions please! We are going end of Aug for 7 nights. 2 adults, 2 kids (both age 16) it’ll be my boyfriends daughters first time! DS & I are vets lol and the boyfriend has now gone 4 times & is learning ;) We will be driving down from NY and parking our car at the resort.

My choices are:
POP standard view, 5 day park hoppers and one quick service meal per person each night, paying $13 per night for parking
OR
POR Royal Room 5 day park hoppers, free parking (DD is DCP so this ressie is with her F&F discount)

The POP ressie is $33 more. I’m going back and forth with the value of those meals and paying parking vs the free parking and mod resort. I have stayed at both before and love POP, but I’m thinking that royal room at POR will be more “magical” for BF’s daughters first time. Also, a little worried about the condition of the Royal rooms since I believe they are getting refurbed soon?

Thanks for any advice!

POR RR, for sure! POP is nice but the RR are over the top with great theming and the resort is gorgeous! Plus, you have the boat to DS and a really nice pool area. A slightly bigger room and two real beds is nice as well.

Having stayed at both, and even though POP is our family fav, I agree with the previous posters. If you can get the RR for less than a standard at POP, go for it!

POR. We love alligator bayou. Normally I’d say go with POP. But with all considered. I’d go POR.

I had the very same dilemma in choosing whether to go to Pop Century ( where we haven't stayed before ) and POR ( where we have stayed before ).

Initially, cost was a concern....hence why I decided to stick with Pop Century ( apparently the best of the Value Resorts outside of AoA ). I then planned things out and decided that we were going to have a Rest Day and spend half a day at the Resort. I remembered how I enjoyed the pools at POR and the biking and decided to splurge a little more and went with POR in the end. Little things like having a separate pool that we can go to late at night in our area, the kids really enjoying staying at POR and just the overall atmosphere helped me change my mind.

My kids did spend hours playing ping pong at Pop one year when they were both teens (I guess it is the little things sometimes :scratchin ), but multiple pool options at POR makes it the winner for me.

Are the 2 beds enough? With them being 16 I'm sure they don't want to share a bed with each other or there parents.. but if it's a non issue than I would pick PoR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter