Pop century - which "decade"?

LisaTN

DIS Veteran
So my mom's going with us next trip and her only request is that our room is as close to the buses as possible. She has plantar fasciitis and at the end of the day she's usually miserable.

We usually stay at POR so I've never been to pop before. I took a look at the map and it looks like the 60s and the 80s might be best... But some of the 80s rooms are far...

I'm fine with paying for a preferred room... Anyone know what 'decade the preferred rooms are in? Can we request the 80s as close to the buses as possible?

Thanks!!

We were in an 80s room overlooking the pool & it was a pretty far walk to the buses. We didn't mind, but if I had plantar fasciitis I probably would've minded!

Have stayed there 5 times, and though we wont again (are now DVC) 4 of those stays were in the 50s, 1 in the 60s. The 60s were a few steps closer to the main building & bus but the 50s is quieter (and we werent even facing the pool). We found pretty much all the rooms at POP on the louder side though. Request to not face a pool if you'd like a quieter room.

If looking at the POP building map...

I would guess :

Building 1 (Lady building in 50's area) to right of Classic Hall
Building 9 (to the left of classic hall)
Or Building 10

would be closest to the busses.

If you're booking online, you'll have the opportunity to make 2 room requests using their check boxes. One of them is "Close to transportation." You can also select first floor, second floor, fourth floor, which decade, close to pool I think, and I can't remember the others but transportation was definitely one of them. We stayed in building 7 of the 80s and it wasn't close to the transportation. We didn't care b/c we had our car. I requested 80s and second floor and got both. We loved Pop! :)

We always stay in building 9 (near the far right rubik's cube stairway) and cut through the parking lot to the bus stops. Very short walk.

Thanks everyone!!! Yeah, I like the idea of staying near the rubix cube since its close to the buses and parking lot... Is this a 'preferred' section?

Thanks everyone!!! Yeah, I like staying near the rubix cube since its close to the buses and parking lot... Is this a 'preferred' section?

Not sure if they have any preferred rooms in building 9, but we have never booked preferred and we stay there every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter