POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
WishingMom said:
So, looks like we might be making a trip to Pop next May. Since we've never been that time of year, how are the crowds? We are thinking about the first week of May!

Thanks
I was there the second week of May last year. Crowds weren't bad at all.... but I will say the LOVEBUGS were insane at times! Not all of the time but there were times where I was like...REALLY??!!

I have stayed at POP at least 118 nights and always on the ground floor! I have NEVER had any wildlife try to enter my room! Please do not let another poster talk you out of a ground floor room if that is what you want. Understand that if it is 'meant' to happen, being on an upper floor will not be a big deterrent. Look at the reports of slithering creatures found in deluxe on the 6th or 7th floor. If it is going to happen, it really could be anywhere. :)

Just curious, if is common to have "slithering" wildlife enter rooms? I am deathly afraid of snakes so I just wanna be realistic here:)

So, looks like we might be making a trip to Pop next May. Since we've never been that time of year, how are the crowds? We are thinking about the first week of May!

Thanks

We were there the 15th-20th last May and it was great. Seemed quiet, smaller crowds and we never waited for a bus twice. Walked right up and into most. Even the food court was decent. At times there was only 5-6 swimmers in the bowling pin pool.

Leaving early in the morning for POP! :yay: Can't wait to get back to our favorite resort. We asked for 50's section this time and I hope our wish is granted. :wizard: WooHoo!!:banana:

LUCKY!!!! 95 days for us!!! Let us know if you get your room requests!

For other Disney POP'ers that have been recently...........have you been successful getting some/most of your room requests? :rolleyes1

LUCKY!!!! 95 days for us!!! Let us know if you get your room requests! For other Disney POP'ers that have been recently...........have you been successful getting some/most of your room requests? :rolleyes1

We were there from 6/7-6/16 and requested 50's, high floor, and lakeview and got all 3 requests. We were in building 3, room 3434, which was awesome because we could watch illuminations and symphony in the stars (for SWW) from our window! It was a perfect location for us, close to classic hall, close to bowling pin and hippy dippy pool, and very quiet. :-)

We were there from 6/7-6/16 and requested 50's, high floor, and lakeview and got all 3 requests. We were in building 3, room 3434, which was awesome because we could watch illuminations and symphony in the stars (for SWW) from our window! It was a perfect location for us, close to classic hall, close to bowling pin and hippy dippy pool, and very quiet. :-)

We had that room too in January and IMO it is one of the best locations and views for POP. In May we had the same floor but down by the elevators. OK, but not like your room. I'm afraid to try to see if other buildings have similar views. I think it gets noisier and you loose Epcot's fireworks when you move to the south.

That is the room we were in 2008 and it has been one our FAVORITE rooms ever!!!! You are exactly right........it is a perfect location!

I have stayed at POP at least 118 nights and always on the ground floor! I have NEVER had any wildlife try to enter my room! Please do not let another poster talk you out of a ground floor room if that is what you want. Understand that if it is 'meant' to happen, being on an upper floor will not be a big deterrent. Look at the reports of slithering creatures found in deluxe on the 6th or 7th floor. If it is going to happen, it really could be anywhere. :)

I am considering this in room requests as well. Last year we stayed at POP and requested a high floor- mostly wanting quiet. And we got our request- 4th floor. It was quiet. I wanted to take the elevator, and did most of the time, at least going up to the room. But DH is Mr. Impatient about waiting for an elevator, and is a marathon runner, so he is in great shape. And the stairs were right by our room and the elevator was not near our room. So he insisted on taking the stairs every single time. That means I had to take the stairs down, as well, especially if we were heading to the busses.

By the end of the week, I was wishing we were on the ground floor. I am going to request that this year. We have been on the ground floor of POR and POFQ many times, and never had any "visitors" so I am going to try not to think about it.

The Online Check in form that I filled out only allowed me two room requests. I have noticed some people mentioning three. Than it says no amenities requests. I did not see any lisitng of amenities. What am I missing?

The Online Check in form that I filled out only allowed me two room requests. I have noticed some people mentioning three. Than it says no amenities requests. I did not see any lisitng of amenities. What am I missing?

I keep getting a error with online check in for my room only. But my package goes threw fine. I'm going to call next week. But You are only allowed 2 request. People that have 3 I'm guessing have a note on there reservation that they did at booking. You can call and add you request.

I keep getting a error with online check in for my room only. But my package goes threw fine. I'm going to call next week. But You are only allowed 2 request. People that have 3 I'm guessing have a note on there reservation that they did at booking. You can call and add you request.

Thanks. I really don't remember if I asked for anything. It's been so long since I made the initial reservation.

barbaraann said:

You're not missing anything. Online check-in only gives you 2 choices. Those with several requests likely made them over the phone.

I stayed at this resort back in 2009, and I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to staying there again. It was easy to get around, and at that time I thought the buses were great. I am traveling alone to Disney World for the first time. I just went past my fastpass selection date, and I am resisting the urge to change things as I read people's comments. I wasn't going to do the Anna and Elsa fastpass, but I made it the last fastpass of my vacation. I figured that would be a nice ending to my trip.

My stay at Pop Century will be followed by 2 nights at nearby Bonnet Creek. I remember in 09, when we stayed at Bonnet Creek, we could see the bowling pins at Pop.

Originally, I wasn't going to visit a park on check out day, but then I thought, why not get a 5 day parkhopper, and on check out day, I will leave my bags will Bell Services, and then when I return from Magic Kingdom, I can get a cab to Bonnet Creek.

Having 5 days is definitely way better than just four, and since Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, I am planning on spending part of each day there.

I returned from my stay recently. I requested ground floor 60s and got second floor 60s, so I guess it was okay. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be staying at Pop or any value again. I stayed at Pop my last 4 visits, and while I loved it and it fit the needs for my vacations, I think it is time for a change. I am planning longer, more relaxed vacations in the future and will be looking for an upgrade. There are just too many people at Pop and the lines for buses are awful, plus the pools are crowded and it gets so noisy at times. I will miss Pop, and maybe return some day, but it's just not for me now.

Tell me about Mousekeeping. When we stayed at ASMovies - they would place my daughters toys in different positions and hung one of her dresses in the window. They didn't do something everyday, but she made an effort. Has anybody ever gotten the towel animals? Do you keep them?

Yes you are allowed to take the towel animals home. We asked our mousekeeper during our second stay on property because I fell in love with one of the animals she left us.

Ok hotel is paid we just added quick dinning and may upgrade to reg. We bought are plane tickets and our friends are joining us there now too. So can't wait to get there but we still have until Dec. Oh we were arriving 12/2 and leaving on the 9th but airline tickets were cheaper for 12/3 to 10th, so we swithed.:thumbsup2

I returned from my stay recently. I requested ground floor 60s and got second floor 60s, so I guess it was okay. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be staying at Pop or any value again. I stayed at Pop my last 4 visits, and while I loved it and it fit the needs for my vacations, I think it is time for a change. I am planning longer, more relaxed vacations in the future and will be looking for an upgrade. There are just too many people at Pop and the lines for buses are awful, plus the pools are crowded and it gets so noisy at times. I will miss Pop, and maybe return some day, but it's just not for me now.

I have to agree. That's why I'm splurging for our next trip and trying out CSR for the first time in November. I'm hoping for a bit more relaxing vacation vibe that I just don't get at Pop (or any of the values). Pop is a fun resort, but SO hectic. Pop is our value resort of choice, but looking for a bit more this next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter