POP Century~Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #9~November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that they are doing this no KTTW test during such an obviously slow time. On one hand, I understand why, but on the other hand, I think feed back would be drastically different on a 9/10 crowd day..... they are probably not getting an accurate picture from their surveys right now.

Still can't wait to be at POP in less than 2 months. I don't expect to need to pull paper FP in late January. But if this was July... I would definitely be switching resorts as much as I LOVE :lovestruc POP.

I'm actually halfway planning a July trip and am very interested to watch from the sidelines and see how this plays out.

Well if all flights go as planned we should be landing in Orlando 1 week from today at this time.

1 week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1::thumbsup2 :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Anybody else sticking with their Mid-December reservation knowing that you will only have access to your 3 FP+s? I feel like everyone is jumping from the "Poptanic" but me! I have never been to WDW at this time and I have no idea what kind of crowds to expect.....

Yes and no. Sticking to our Pop reservation Dec 11-18, however most of us have APs so I think we will still be able to use them for FP-. But even if we didn't, we would still stay here - I think 3 FPs/day will be enough for this time of year. We're so excited to be visiting during the Christmas season - love this time of year in Disney! We spent hours today working on our window decorations and can't wait to display them and to see other decorations as well.

Just read the pool will be closed for 2 days. Anyone know why. I was thinking maybe they are fencing the pool?

Can anyone tell me if all of POP has gotten refrigerators? Traveling with grandkids and hoping to have milk and water etc in room refrig.

Next question - on the my disney experience I requested the 50's building - it only lets me make 1 other request. I would love to have bldg 1 or 3 (with a lake view) and not have to have the 3 year old walk too far but also like being on the upper floor. How do I go about requesting a specific bldg?

Heading there on the 30th and can't wait!! Thanks

Hi Everyone! We will be arriving at MCO at 2:45 and have dinner ressies at Trails End at 5:50. I am hoping this is feasible.
My question for you is: If we get to POP later than 4:15 and our room is not ready upon arrival, can we leave our backpacks somewhere while we are having dinner etc.
Thanks in advance

Arrived yesterday....in Building 4 (lakeview) - have new frig and new bedding. Had issues with Magic Bands getting into room...luckily the luggage guy was able to make the band work...hopefully no more issues today. Resort is full, did not get my room requests, in fact Disney said I did not do on line checkin but I had my confirmation - CM was snarky and said that my printout meant nothing. Heard others that did online check in was also not showing. Funny that my Magic Band order was done and waiting for us since it was done right before the online checkin. Also, noto impressed with the WiFi...if Disney wants to concentrate on MB they need to upgrade the WiFi....had no internet from 10:30 pm - 1:30 am, when I gave up. I called the help desk and they guy said that it is typical at night because so many people are on...he suggested early in the mornings is a good time.

Also, noto impressed with the WiFi...if Disney wants to concentrate on MB they need to upgrade the WiFi....had no internet from 10:30 pm - 1:30 am, when I gave up. I called the help desk and they guy said that it is typical at night because so many people are on...he suggested early in the mornings is a good time.

We tried all different times and just had horrible wifi service. My husband took the tablet down to the main area and was able to log in fine but in our room it was spotty at best.

Loved the resort though! We just got back from our first stay and we all had a great time. I was surprised lunch was so much better than dinner (for what we wanted) but had a good time at each meal. The staff was great there, ended up having to talk to front desk a few times (DH's band wasn't working, then mine fell off one day and I didn't even notice until we were leaving DHS so I needed a new band) and each person was great.

Lynn1274 said:
Hi Everyone! We will be arriving at MCO at 2:45 and have dinner ressies at Trails End at 5:50. I am hoping this is feasible.
My question for you is: If we get to POP later than 4:15 and our room is not ready upon arrival, can we leave our backpacks somewhere while we are having dinner etc.
Thanks in advance

Yes you can leave them with luggage assistance. They can hold pretty much anything for you. :)

So we don't go until Dec 2014 but since this will be our first pop stay I wanted to find out which secection is your prefered area? We are traveling with my grand kids 6 and 3 at the time. I am thinking lower level since we will have two umbrella strollers. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

If you have a 3 and 6 year old, then I would request a ground level room in the 70s. That will put you right next to the kiddie & hippy dippy pools.

I think the hippy dippy pool is in front of the 60s building. The 70s is the one with the foos ball decoration and no pool in the courtyard.

We tried all different times and just had horrible wifi service. My husband took the tablet down to the main area and was able to log in fine but in our room it was spotty at best.

Loved the resort though! We just got back from our first stay and we all had a great time. I was surprised lunch was so much better than dinner (for what we wanted) but had a good time at each meal. The staff was great there, ended up having to talk to front desk a few times (DH's band wasn't working, then mine fell off one day and I didn't even notice until we were leaving DHS so I needed a new band) and each person was great.

Thanks for the info about the wifi being fine in the main area. Will try that next time. Yesterday was able to log on fine at different times during the day but it seems that at exactly 11 pm I lost my internet conection and never got it back...I guess it is Disney's way of saying...you should go to bed now.

I'm glad you loved the resort. Pop is our fave resort and this is our 15th stay. I can now say that I have stayed in a room in every decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter