POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got our return flight booked today, everything came out $250 cheaper than had planned! (Managed to stay with jetBlue and get nonstop flights)
Got DS scheduled into a YES class that he wanted to check out so he's gonna love that AND it saved me almost $300 off tickets.
Dropped DDP from reservation because DS says that he didn't like having to plan our trip around our ADR's, he like the QS better, etc... so THAT saved money...

So...What had started out being a $1420 trip before airfare has become a $1500 trip WITH airfare!!! Final payment for room only (a whopping $200) to be made on Friday!!! :banana: :dance3: :yay:

Leaving for the airport in 30 minutes. It's 3:45 AM here. Flight leaves at 6:15. Hope to be in WDW by noon. I should be tired, but the thought of Disney has me energized! :thumbsup2

Hoping to return to Pop in '13. It is truly our happy place.
I hope that everyone stays at AoA and leaves plenty of room for us at Pop. ;)

The addition of a fridge and wifi has got me excited!!! :cool1:

OP - thanks for the BEAUTIFUL Pop thread!

Leaving for the airport in 30 minutes. It's 3:45 AM here. Flight leaves at 6:15. Hope to be in WDW by noon. I should be tired, but the thought of Disney has me energized! :thumbsup2

I hope you have a great trip!

I couldn't help but notice your name and your picture/quote - two of my favs! the In Death series and Bones! :thumbsup2

:eek:Cockroaches :scared1: I've only seen them in pictures, around here they are typically found in dirty homes. I think I would seriously freak out if I saw one anywhere near where I sleep (seen to many episodes of Trauma: Life In the ER where cockroaches are in peoples ears :faint:)

We didnt see any wildlife in our room at CBR, are they in all the resorts?

I had to laugh at this! Not at you, but having lived in the south for several years, cockroaches are pretty much expected and very normal here. They are found inside and outside of clean and dirty homes alike. Now, an infestation would not be normal, but to see one here and there is nothing. I wanted to add that Disney I am sure keeps up with pest control pretty well. We have never seen any that I recall.

So I started out at Pop in January and then moved to Movies because i have two Toy Story obsessed little gals, and now, I just moved back to pop.

We just re-booked our trip. First, we were supposed to be there TODAY! We had a cabin at ft wilderness booked for a week. Then those plans were stopped last week and I called on Thurs and re-booked to Aug 6th at AKL. Found out today that those dates are no good so called today and booked POP for July 13-20. We have never stayed there and loved reading through this thread. My 7 yr old son has Prader-Willi syndrome and uses a wheel chair for long distances. I am hoping to get a ground floor room that is close to main building and the busses ( that is the same place I guess) and now my son has taken to swimming and splash parks so I guess that would be great to be near as well.
Should I just call and talk to the CMs and tell them my concerns or should I have a specific area I should ask for? Also my dd (15) has celiac so we are gluten free and my ds has a peanut allergy along with being gluten free and dairy free and soy free.
Thanks,
jennifer

Hi Jennifer, one of the reasons we moved back to pop is because the chefs are fabulous and are known to be great with food allergies. We're also Gluten/Dairy/Soy free, and I hear the Pop guys are fantastic with that. The other reason I moved back was because you can walk to Art of animatoin, and their food court looks AWESOME and they have Gluten/Dairy/Soy free cupcakes in their food court!!! And because the meals come with a dessert, well, why not try it out there??? My friend has eaten at the AoA food court and says it's amazing with tons of GF options. My other advice, I don't know if you have ADRs, but we do and I called and had them put the allergies on every single Dining reservation. There are also a few places in the parks that have counter service GF, CF, SF and I'm sure Peanut free options. Did you know that if you go to Beaches and Cream you can get an ice cream sundae made with Rice Dream?!?!? And most toppings are dairy free and soy free as well! Babycakes is a gluten, soy and dairy free bakery specializing in cupcakes, cookies and doughnuts, so guess where we'll be using our snack credits? I was so nervous to come, but there really are a ton of options for allergy kids.

:woohoo: That's great news!! The more the merrier! (BTW, I love to play cards & enjoy a Happy hour too .. just sayin' :rolleyes:)

Oh, you had a question too! :rolleyes1 Certainly put in a connecting request, Disney will know then to put you close as possible if the connecting request can't be met. As you know "Adjoining" would be next to so do request your preference. :goodvibes

Too bad you won't be there when we are, we'd love to have you over for a round of cards and a drinkie-poo :lmao:

My DA called to make her ressies today, since she had my info, they already "linked" our reservations. It'll be interesting to see if we end up with adjoining rooms, but since they arrive the day b4 us, I'm going to let them worry about the room placements :goodvibes just so I can say I haven't obsessed over EVERY single detail :rotfl2:

Side note: UT shipped our TIX's and the local post office LOST them! I've already called UT and they've e-copied me the backs of our tixs so when we arrive at WDW we can go to guest services to have them re-issued, but :crazy2: of all the things for USPS to lose :sad1: just my unfortuante luck :rolleyes2 but hey, I'm still going to disney :cool1:

If anyone is interested I am doing a QSDP report on the Disney dining reviews forum and many of the meals I'm reviewing are at POP and AOA ( we walked over there to eat a few times).

I booked our flights today! Southwest had a 30% off sale through Friday and I got our tickets for over $400 less than what I priced out on Monday. :cool1:

Of course, I had to fly us out on Thursday instead of Friday and that means I have to add a day to our stay, but it was still cheaper. :thumbsup2

I always feel more 'official' when I have the airline tickets - now I'm really excited! Only 120 days to go!:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter