POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn it !!Quick question though How busy is Columbus Day weekend , as Carole who is going with me would prefer the week before and we can sometimes change dates . I was nervous about the business and also if it costs more ????

Check out Josh's crowd calendar for October 2012 for some expert analysis on what to expect for Columbus Day weekend: http://easywdw.com

Hi Rosie!
Never been on Columbus day weekend but suspect more locals than anything signifcant other crowds. Besides FD would have ended the weekend before, perhaps some leftover from it, but might think the entire Oct month is similiar in crowds as MNSSHP & F&W is going on.

And just to add to Christine's note about the prices ... it is $130/night for Friday, as well as Sat & Sunday (so 10/5, 6, & 7). We have a discounted rate for Monday 10/8.

Well, if you DO changes dates, we'll be around ... but staying at AoA this time, just a desire to check out the new LM rooms. :cool1:

I have ameeting about other Non Disney Trips on Monday soooo we may just ask her if it is a possibilty and maybe check if the AoA is avaibale then too !!!!!

From what I've been reading, this may be a fairly new option, but I'd love to hear someone's experience (maybe with pics) with staying in a roll-in shower accessible room, which supposedly has 1 king bed AND 1 double bed. Nobody seems to believe this is possible, but Disney's certainly offering this type of room at the value resorts and some moderates as well.

Hi I just dropped in to see if anyone will be at POP soon. I was hoping that we could send you on a photo mission AOA should be looking great . Also wondering if they know at POP if the bridge will be open when AOA opens?

I can do it......I am leaving the end of May when the first building of AoA is scheduled to open.....I assume the the bridge will be open then

As much as I love and appreciate these boards, it's also so much torture!!! My vacation can't get here soon enough :rotfl2:

So excited for our first stay at POP! ;)

I have a question. My sister and I are staying at POP in June and I am getting ALL kinds of stuff to decorate our door. In september, I am going with my family and my other sister's family and we will be staying in the garden wing at the contemporary. I know this isn't really a POP question, but since so many of you decorate the doors, I thought you might have an answer. Anyway, does anyone know if we are able to decorate the doors at the garden wing at the contemporary and if they have metal doors? I would love to re-use the decorations from my June trip!!

Sorry about the long winded question! :blush:

I have a question. My sister and I are staying at POP in June and I am getting ALL kinds of stuff to decorate our door. In september, I am going with my family and my other sister's family and we will be staying in the garden wing at the contemporary. I know this isn't really a POP question, but since so many of you decorate the doors, I thought you might have an answer. Anyway, does anyone know if we are able to decorate the doors at the garden wing at the contemporary and if they have metal doors? I would love to re-use the decorations from my June trip!!

I don't know the answer but if I wanted information about CR I'd ask on this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2762185.

13 days till I'll be at PoP!!! can;t wait! suitcase is out and im starting to pack!!!:cool1::cool1:

Now lets just hope the next 13 days fly by!!

MICKEYNMINNIE...
we are going the same day...anxious is not the word...Can HARDLY WAIT..

remember that dis people wear a little lime green ribbon on their back packs or fanny packs or something to recognize that they are DIS PEOPLE>..
Maybe we will bump into some Dis people..
HAVE FUN

MICKEYNMINNIE...

remember that dis people wear a little lime green ribbon on their back packs or fanny packs or something to recognize that they are DIS PEOPLE>..
HAVE FUN

I am there same time as both of you....I went and got the lime green mickey heads at HD, now how in the world do I attach it to my fanny pack? I thought about pinning it to the back of my shirt, I have 3 of them but I don't want to tear them up either.

I am there same time as both of you....I went and got the lime green mickey heads at HD, now how in the world do I attach it to my fanny pack? I thought about pinning it to the back of my shirt, I have 3 of them but I don't want to tear them up either.

I put my lime green Mickey heads into my extra souvenir WDW luggage tags, and then attached one to my stroller and one to my backpack. I needed to cut them a little bit but slipping them into the plastic sleeve worked great.

I hope this helps but people at the Deluxe frown on this. I love looking at it so I just don't understand why they would. We will be at AOA next trip and I am hoping that people will decorate there .

MICKEYNMINNIE...

HAVE FUN

I will go out and get some lime green ribbon!! I have some mickey heads too!!!

I'll be on the lookout for ya!!

Some folks decorate their doors or windows !! It is fun to see all the different themes etc people come up with .Some even put lights in the windows !

I always decorate the window and door. We go in September so, I have Halloween decorations. After I decorate the window and door, we have no probelm finding our room without any problems. Besides, its fun to do and it helps pass the time while we wait to go to Disney. The next 4 months are going to go by so slow. Thank goodness for the DIS:surfweb:

I hope this helps but people at the Deluxe frown on this. I love looking at it so I just don't understand why they would. We will be at AOA next trip and I am hoping that people will decorate there .

Well Boo to them, haha! I kinda thought that might be how it was, since I haven't seen any word of it on the CR board and no one has answered me!!

Do you know if it is the cast members that frown on it, or just the other visitors? If it is the cm, then we probably won't decorate. However, if it is other guests, then I may just continue!!:rolleyes1

Either way, my 14 year old sister and I are SUPER excited to decorate at POP!! Does anyone know the size of the door and windows? Just trying to make sure we got enough stuff (without getting too much!):banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter