POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I originally booked a preferred room at POP, but we decided to change to a Standard room and upgrade our tickets to Park Hoppers (helped with some cost.)

I have two small daughters (will be 3 and 17 months during our trip) and I would like for it to be quiet for nap time/bed time. We will have a stroller, and will be using Disney transportation. I think I would like a lakeview (possibly firework), but are all of those far away from the dining area and transportation...and possibly not worth the stroller hassle?

Any thoughts or recommendations on specific requests?

A few years ago we had connecting rooms in Building 4, 4th floor facing the lake (rooms 4450 & 51 if I recall correctly). I thought that was an excellent location. We were right by the elevators and ice machine/vending machines and just steps from the pool, but on the quiet side of the building facing the lake. Since we were on the 4th floor, there was no noise above us and very little foot traffic going past our rooms. We could see the fireworks from our rooms every night. I think those "standard" rooms are closer to the pools and main building building than some of the "preferred" rooms are. I wouldn't hesitate to request that area again.

We just stayed pool view in 50s (bowling pin pool) in Feb and I was surprised at how much noise came into the room from outside. We heard nothing from room to room on the sides, but could hear the music and people at the pool very clearly. We requested top floor but the highest they had was 2nd floor. I would def stay standard from now on for that reason - not really any further to get to the pool - you have to walk to the end of the building and down the steps or elevator anyway - no further from the backside of the building. Loved Pop:thumbsup2

We just stayed pool view in 50s (bowling pin pool) in Feb and I was surprised at how much noise came into the room from outside. We heard nothing from room to room on the sides, but could hear the music and people at the pool very clearly. We requested top floor but the highest they had was 2nd floor. I would def stay standard from now on for that reason - not really any further to get to the pool - you have to walk to the end of the building and down the steps or elevator anyway - no further from the backside of the building. Loved Pop:thumbsup2

We leaned that lesson years ago. We stayed at ASMO 1st floor facing mighty ducks pool.:crazy2: Never again.

I am BEYOND EXCITED>..
making my lists and checking them two or three times...hahaha..
We have two more weeks and then away we go...

two chargers were on the top of the list for hubbies phone and my phone and then charger for the kindle....and everything else just falls into place...

I am ready right now...

we have had first floor facing the main pool at Movies and the cheerleaders were there and the noise didnt bother us to much...they were in the pool until midnight...we also had pool front at Pop a few years back and that wasnt really an issue either...but heck...by the end of the day...us ol' folk..drop into bed and that is it...ROFL...
Only place we had noise issues and we were in the end of the bld at the Dolphin and some Peeps set off the fire alarms...thought the fire trucks were in our room..that was a night to remember...hahaha..

What kind of burger buns are they using now...do they fall apart like the old ones did...last year we stopped at a publix store and got white buns but we didnt even eat one burger...so maybe this year we can try again

We took our girls to Disney last year and stayed at Shades of Green - which was nice - but our next trip I want to look at the value resorts, specifically POP.

It will probably be a "girls only" trip - my DH isn't as into Disney as I am. I want to go just before they turn 3, so I'm looking at October 2013. I would like to bring my mom and/or sister to help, and there's the outside chance my husband would want to come.

So - my understanding is that I can have 4 adults in a POP room. I'm considering trying for connecting rooms instead of cramming all of us into one room, but I'm trying to figure out the price difference.

Does anyone know how much Disney charges per adult beyond the first two in a POP room?

Separately, my understanding is that one infant in crib is allowed per room. Setting aside the question of whether or not we'd all fit or if this would be a good idea, does anyone know how they handle twin infants - would both twins (under 3 years) be allowed to stay with four other people, or would the limit still be four adults plus one "under 3"?

Thanks!

So - my understanding is that I can have 4 adults in a POP room. I'm considering trying for connecting rooms instead of cramming all of us into one room, but I'm trying to figure out the price difference. Does anyone know how much Disney charges per adult beyond the first two in a POP room? Thanks!

I don't know if the per adult person charge increases during certain holiday periods; however for October 2012, I believe it is $10 additional per adult in excess of 2.

Happy Planning! pixiedust:

I am BEYOND EXCITED>..
making my lists and checking them two or three times...hahaha..
We have two more weeks and then away we go...

two chargers were on the top of the list for hubbies phone and my phone and then charger for the kindle....and everything else just falls into place...

I am ready right now...

:wave2: Pumba!! I was just going through my PM's and found a pretty old message from you! I am so sorry...no idea how I missed it. Will write this afternoon!

Very exciting to be all ready to go!:woohoo:

We took our girls to Disney last year and stayed at Shades of Green - which was nice - but our next trip I want to look at the value resorts, specifically POP.

It will probably be a "girls only" trip - my DH isn't as into Disney as I am. I want to go just before they turn 3, so I'm looking at October 2013. I would like to bring my mom and/or sister to help, and there's the outside chance my husband would want to come.

So - my understanding is that I can have 4 adults in a POP room. I'm considering trying for connecting rooms instead of cramming all of us into one room, but I'm trying to figure out the price difference.

Does anyone know how much Disney charges per adult beyond the first two in a POP room?

Separately, my understanding is that one infant in crib is allowed per room. Setting aside the question of whether or not we'd all fit or if this would be a good idea, does anyone know how they handle twin infants - would both twins (under 3 years) be allowed to stay with four other people, or would the limit still be four adults plus one "under 3"?

Thanks!

Good questions - the room would definitely be tight with 4 adults, so I highly recommend 2 rooms. Extra adult charge is $10 per night per adult over 2. :)

As for the under three - yep, the limit would still be one under three with up to 4 adults, so two rooms would be necessary. At the values, they supply a pack n' play, not a full size crib.:thumbsup2

Happy planning!:goodvibes

I have a random question...

We will be staying at POP. We are renting a car and planning to stop at WM or Target to get a case of water and snacks and stuff. When we get to POP, can we have them take our luggage to our room for us so we don't have to lug everything from the parking lot?

Thanks,

I have a random question...

We will be staying at POP. We are renting a car and planning to stop at WM or Target to get a case of water and snacks and stuff. When we get to POP, can we have them take our luggage to our room for us so we don't have to lug everything from the parking lot?

Thanks,

Yes, to the far right when you pull in is where you drop off your luggage. They will also take your case of water and grocery bags if you like.

We are about o hit the road in a few hours! Driving part of the way this evening, then a LONG 12 hour day in the car tomorrow and we will finally be at POP around 8 pm!

We are about o hit the road in a few hours! Driving part of the way this evening, then a LONG 12 hour day in the car tomorrow and we will finally be at POP around 8 pm!

:cool1: Safe travels and have a wonderful time in Disney!! :woohoo:

When we get to POP, can we have them take our luggage to our room for us so we don't have to lug everything from the parking lot?
Thanks,

They will take your luggage to your room...when they get around to it. It's not like at a Deluxe where they take it right away.

I'm just so excited to be staying here in the fall. I'm really looking forward to being back in Disney World, where an adult can be a kid, again! Counting down the days and wishing I was more creative, like some of the talented people here on the DIS!

Happy Planning!! pixiedust:

Will anybody be ther October 11th thru 16th!! That is my next Free Trip. We will be at Pop with 8 disabled individuals. ]We will be hard to miss :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Will anybody be ther October 11th thru 16th!! That is my next Free Trip. We will be at Pop with 8 disabled individuals. ]We will be hard to miss :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh, Rosie if only!! :goodvibes Tentative plans are August for FD at POP and Columbus day weekend at AoA in the LM rooms for MNSSHP!! We would be leaving right before you arrive! Darn!

Had a day off w/o the kiddos, so I went shopping for stuff to hang on our door @ POP!! Getting so excited, even my sister is getting into it! Not much longer!

Oh, Rosie if only!! :goodvibes Tentative plans are August for FD at POP and Columbus day weekend at AoA in the LM rooms for MNSSHP!! We would be leaving right before you arrive! Darn!
Darn it !!Quick question though How busy is Columbus Day weekend , as Carole who is going with me would prefer the week before and we can sometimes change dates . I was nervous about the business and also if it costs more ????

Darn it !!Quick question though How busy is Columbus Day weekend , as Carole who is going with me would prefer the week before and we can sometimes change dates . I was nervous about the business and also if it costs more ????

For the weekend nights (Oct 6 & 7) the rates are just $10 more than usual - so $130 for Friday and Saturday and $105 for the other nights...if a general code is released you could probably get it for the weeknight, but not Friday or Saturday. :thumbsup2

Ya know...Janet will be there Columbus Weekend! AND AOA will be open...why not have the TA book there for this trip? LM section would be like being in the 80's or 90's at POP.

So the weekend might be a bit more crowded, but the rest of the week will be fine! Great time to go...except probably still pretty hot. :sunny:

Happy planning!!!pixiedust:

Hi Rosie!
Never been on Columbus day weekend but suspect more locals than anything signifcant other crowds. Besides FD would have ended the weekend before, perhaps some leftover from it, but might think the entire Oct month is similiar in crowds as MNSSHP & F&W is going on.

And just to add to Christine's note about the prices ... it is $130/night for Friday, as well as Sat & Sunday (so 10/5, 6, & 7). We have a discounted rate for Monday 10/8.

Well, if you DO changes dates, we'll be around ... but staying at AoA this time, just a desire to check out the new LM rooms. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter