POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am JUST now coming to grips with No Goofys fountains and just read on another post/thread that "sprinklers at Pop" are ALSO closing...oh heavens, if they close that kiddie fountain pool by hippy dippy on top of closing Goofy's fountain's then my children will be so sad.

Anyone have any idea what "sprinklers" are closing at pop (in addition to Goofy's fountains)?

I am JUST now coming to grips with No Goofys fountains and just read on another post/thread that "sprinklers at Pop" are ALSO closing...oh heavens, if they close that kiddie fountain pool by hippy dippy on top of closing Goofy's fountain's then my children will be so sad.

Anyone have any idea what "sprinklers" are closing at pop (in addition to Goofy's fountains)?

My guess is they're talking about Goofy's Pop Jets. Which as we all know have been closed for good for a long time.

Lucas: Checked mousesavers website and it appears that the competition is March 10-12th.

Hopefully guests there now will see this post and comment. At the least, you know that the competition ends the day after you arrive. :)

We have never been at Disney when cheerleaders are there, but imagine that the enthusiam will be overflowing. :cheer2: On the upside, as the participants are involved in their competitions, park crowds are not usually affected. :)

Thanks for checking - much appreciated.

:thanks:

Booked our 2 rooms at POP today for December 8-15! So excited, we've never stayed at POP before. I requested connecting rooms in the 60s buildings. The CM said they would guarentee connecting since we are a family of 2 adults & 4 kids, I hope so as that is my only worry!

Hearing about the new fridges & the free wi-fi have made mine & my DH's night. He'll have schoolwork to do on our trip so the free wi-fi will be very handy! Someone on the fridge thread posted a pic of the Avanti fridge that is suspected to be in the new entertainment centers. It looks exactly like the mini-fridge we had at POR this past December.

"Pop Century at Walt Disney World now has free wi-fi in the guest rooms. It will be rolled out to the other Value Resorts soon!"

From the owner of one the top Disney Travel Agencies with very strong connections to Disney Resort executives.

:cheer2:

"Pop Century at Walt Disney World now has free wi-fi in the guest rooms. It will be rolled out to the other Value Resorts soon!"

From the owner of one the top Disney Travel Agencies with very strong connections to Disney Resort executives.

:cheer2:

Woohoo!!!!
& this is the Avanti link someone posted for the fridges. Someone who's there now posted a pic of the fridge & it looks just like this. I think was on the Budget Board but it was really grainy.

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/472

Woohoo!!!!
& this is the Avanti link someone posted for the fridges. Someone who's there now posted a pic of the fridge & it looks just like this. I think was on the Budget Board but it was really grainy.

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/472

Thanks!! Does look a bit smaller than the moderate fridge - but hopefully a POPer will return soon with some photos!

Thanks again...can you post the link to the post you saw? TIA!:flower3:

That's it! Thanks!! We won't add it to our FAQs until we can get a better photos, but at least we know it is no longer a rumor. :thumbsup2

I also read tonight that the fridges are the same size as the ones Disney would bring up for guests to rent for $10 a day.

Thanks again to DisneyGuess and de8212! :goodvibes

Maybe this one. Link.

Yep that's it! I was beat to it. :lmao: This just made me more excited for staying at POP, isn't that silly, lol. But we've never stayed there before & I was dreading renting 1 fridge for 2 rooms (6 of us), now we'll have 1 in each room! :cloud9:

So excited to hear about the fridge/beverage cooler! Hope someone post a picture soon! I am really excited about our first stay at POP in Sept. I have been reading lots of trip reports. I let my DD6 watch the youtube video of of the resort. She doesn't know we are going yet:banana:
I am terrible at keeping surprises and would be hopeless keeping a Disney trip a surprise!!:rotfl: Good for you!! :goodvibes Be sure to let us know how she reacts to the surprise - do you have a plan yet? So exciting! :cool1:

DisneyGuess and de8212 both posted a link with a photo of the new fridge! When we get a good POP room photo with the fridge we will add it to our FAQs News!:thumbsup2

Booked our 2 rooms at POP today for December 8-15! So excited, we've never stayed at POP before. I requested connecting rooms in the 60s buildings. The CM said they would guarentee connecting since we are a family of 2 adults & 4 kids, I hope so as that is my only worry!

Hearing about the new fridges & the free wi-fi have made mine & my DH's night. He'll have schoolwork to do on our trip so the free wi-fi will be very handy! Someone on the fridge thread posted a pic of the Avanti fridge that is suspected to be in the new entertainment centers. It looks exactly like the mini-fridge we had at POR this past December.

I am sure you'll get connecting rooms, but be sure to verify at check-in so they can fix it in case of a slip-up!:thumbsup2

Yes, thank you for the link to the photo! I was reading on one of the threads with the pic in the room, that the fridges are the same size as the ones provided for guests to rent at the values. Makes sense it would be smaller than the mods. Will be great when we can see a really good photo of it in the room so we'll get a better idea of the size. ::yes::

Happy planning! :goodvibes

Yep that's it! I was beat to it. :lmao: This just made me more excited for staying at POP, isn't that silly, lol. But we've never stayed there before & I was dreading renting 1 fridge for 2 rooms (6 of us), now we'll have 1 in each room! :cloud9:

Not silly at all!! This is great news!!:yay:

We will be arriving at Pop on the 16th :thumbsup2 I was wondering for those DISers there now or checking in very soon could tell us what sections they are in if they have refridges in their rooms when they arrive..thanks

My guess is they're talking about Goofy's Pop Jets. Which as we all know have been closed for good for a long time.

No this other poster (on AoA thread) was very clearly referring to something seperate from the Goofy's fountina/jets...HOPEFULLY they were mistaken?!?!

ok sorry to have raised alarm; I just got clarification on the Pop "sprinkler" referral on AoA thread:

FIRST POST:
Yeah, the Goofy jets were closed before our first Pop stay and the sprinkler parts removed entirely by our second.

MY POST:
"the sprinkler parts"...? you mean the kiddie fountain pool by hippy dippy??they are taking those out of Pop too? for heavens sake, why are they ruining Pop?!?

CLARIFICATION:
No, not by the kiddie pool. Those bubbler jets are working same as they always have, and my 3yo loved them.

I meant the plumbing for the Goofy jets. For a long time the jets were closed/not working but the plumbing was still there and we heard sporadic reports from Pop guests that a CM said they'd be fixed by this or that date. It went on that way for over a year that I'm aware of, maybe longer. But some time between our 3/11 trip and our 1/12 trip they actually tore up the area and removed the sprinkler/jet system completely (and cleaned up/repainted Goofy & his Corvette).

74892db8.jpg

2c45617f.jpg

a7ec85e9.jpg

I posted the original grainy pic over on the budget board. Sorry, the iPod camera is not very good. I took these tonight with my real camera. As for the contents, I have two growing boys who eat everything!!

I'm confused. Do all rooms at Pop now come with the mini Fridge?

Thanks!!!! 23 more days!!!

As we understand it, the values will be receiving refrigerators, and POP is now beginning the installation of them. It appears that the current entertainment center is being replaced with another unit in order for the refrigerator to fit within the unit.

The roll out is beginning, so expect that all guest rooms will eventually have them. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter