POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I a newbie to the board, and just booked our family's first ever WDW vacation in September at Pop Century! I'm so excited I could just burst! We aren't telling our kids until the day we leave (i'm still trying to find my favorite way to tell them) which is so hard because I want to climb on the roof and do a jig and sing a song about how excite I am! lol!

Hi! I a newbie to the board, and just booked our family's first ever WDW vacation in September at Pop Century! I'm so excited I could just burst! We aren't telling our kids until the day we leave (i'm still trying to find my favorite way to tell them) which is so hard because I want to climb on the roof and do a jig and sing a song about how excite I am! lol!

Welcome to the POP thread and the boards.:cheer2:

Hi All! We are staying at Pop the second week of August!!! We are a family of 5, so we have two rooms. Our TA told us if there are more kids than adults, we are guaranteed connecting rooms. I had a pin for free QSD, but it is my DS's birthday, and our 20th anniversary, so I upgraded to regular dining plan because the price worked out to where we would want to go for a couple of dinners anyways (does that make sense?). My questions is where can I find where the preferred rooms are? Those are the only rooms that were available with my pin, and it is still the best way to go with my family, so I am comfortable paying the extra. We are so excited!!!!

I have a very specific question- Does anybody know:
1) How tall are the beds? (from floor to top of mattress?)
2) How far apart are the two beds in a double bed room?

DH and I were thinking. We have a blow up twin mattress. I know this won't generally fit between the two. But, if it's one of the ones that is 30" high, if we were to put it between the beds and THEN inflate it, it would basically be like putting a balloon in and we could stop when it was at the bed height. It would stick out at the feet, but we could get it level. (and put a thick blanket over the area) This would just make it into a giant bed, meaning we might be able to actually sleep. Depending on the height, we otherwise might just put a short twin mattress in between and not inflate that all the way just to save space. I just don't like using the pack and plays.

DH and I were thinking. We have a blow up twin mattress. I know this won't generally fit between the two. But, if it's one of the ones that is 30" high, if we were to put it between the beds and THEN inflate it, it would basically be like putting a balloon in and we could stop when it was at the bed height. It would stick out at the feet, but we could get it level. (and put a thick blanket over the area) This would just make it into a giant bed, meaning we might be able to actually sleep. Depending on the height, we otherwise might just put a short twin mattress in between and not inflate that all the way just to save space. I just don't like using the pack and plays.

Just to let you know, there is a night stand between the two beds that I don't think (though I could be wrong) is movable. So you still wouldn't be able to sleep all the way across even if you could make that work, which to be honest I don't see how you could. I don't think the air mattress will fill up the way you think it will, but I could be wrong.

The width is not enough for the air mattress to fit in the middle of the beds . If you just wanted an extra bed it will fit on the side nearest the bathroom or at the foot of the beds if you move the table and chairs other than that it will not fit in the middle we have tried it :) not for the same reason just so DS and My Nephew didnt have to share a bed :)

Hi All! We are staying at Pop the second week of August!!! We are a family of 5, so we have two rooms. Our TA told us if there are more kids than adults, we are guaranteed connecting rooms. I had a pin for free QSD, but it is my DS's birthday, and our 20th anniversary, so I upgraded to regular dining plan because the price worked out to where we would want to go for a couple of dinners anyways (does that make sense?). My questions is where can I find where the preferred rooms are? Those are the only rooms that were available with my pin, and it is still the best way to go with my family, so I am comfortable paying the extra. We are so excited!!!!

Yes, If you indeed have more Children than Adults Disney gaurantees you connecting rooms :goodvibes Also on the first page of this thread their should be a link to a map of the preferred rooms outline in yellow they are in the 60's Near the Hippity Dippity Pool Buildings 4 and 5 I believe and they are in the 70's Building 10 and 6 very close to the food court and main pool and the 50's nearest to the luggage services side of POP Lady Building hope this helps :)

Welcome you will love POP ! I had a friend that didnt tell them until they got to the airport and gave them little presents of clues along the way to see if they could guess :goodvibes

:welcome: to the Dis Boards! I like the clues idea ... good luck keepting the secret, I would fail miserably!! :goodvibes

It makes perfect sense to upgrade to the regular dining plan, as you are celebrating a birthday and an anniversary ... and want to have some special TS meals to do so. :thumbsup2

As Goofy22 stated, the preferred rooms are in selected sections in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Review the 2012 map that is also located on the first page of this FAQ thread ... it will highlight the areas for preferred.

When adding room request(s) to your reservation, suggest that you list the most important request first (which I gather is the connecting rooms) followed by a location request. :goodvibes

Happy planning! :banana:

Has anyone brought a noodle or water toy to the POP pool? I've been there twice, but I just don't remember water toys/floatation toys being allowed. I thought I read on someone's thread that they had a noodle there.

The width is not enough for the air mattress to fit in the middle of the beds . If you just wanted an extra bed it will fit on the side nearest the bathroom or at the foot of the beds if you move the table and chairs other than that it will not fit in the middle we have tried it :) not for the same reason just so DS and My Nephew didnt have to share a bed :)

If it fits on the side with the bathroom that is great news! That is completely out of the way. Last trip we had a pack and play between the beds and a fridge in that corner and there was just nowhere to go. I thought I saw somebody somewhere say it had to be where the table and chairs are and that would just take up space we need to breathe.
Value rooms were the thing we forgot to plan for when we decided on 3 kids.

If it fits on the side with the bathroom that is great news! That is completely out of the way. Last trip we had a pack and play between the beds and a fridge in that corner and there was just nowhere to go. I thought I saw somebody somewhere say it had to be where the table and chairs are and that would just take up space we need to breathe.

LOL ! and as far as I remember it just fits on the side with the bathroom as there is more room there then between the beds :) I hope im remembering correctly :goodvibes

Has anyone brought a noodle or water toy to the POP pool? I've been there twice, but I just don't remember water toys/floatation toys being allowed. I thought I read on someone's thread that they had a noodle there.

We have had blow up beach balls and small inter tubes and swimmies for arms.
Ive never seen anyone with noodles doesnt mean they havent I havent seen it :)

I ahve used noodles at the pop pools as well as the all stars. I guess it depends on the life guards.

you get more leniency at the moderate quiet pools, cause there are no lifegurads. so you assume responsilbility

the all stars pools a hav life guards, so they are now assuming responsibility. and parnets whose kids have a floatie toy, air matresss, inner tube, etc. tend to mistakenly beleive the child is "safe", so doesn't pay as much attention.. and the child has a mistaken feeling of safeness.

but they ususally let you use noodles. I guess they dont "feel" as safe? we have used them often. (doesn't mean they won't say no, though

I can say that when I went with my sisters and we had a twin size blow up mattress, it DID NOT fit between the bed and the wall by the bathroom. The only place it fit was where the table and chairs are. We had to move the table and chairs to by the bathroom and put the mattress there. This was before the refurb so I guess it's possible it could fit there, but I doubt it will fit anywhere but the bottom of the bed where the table and chairs are.

Well my journey landed me here.:cool1: Journey began with a few site searches for a trip in the fall. PIN was sent via snail mail for 30% off . I called asap and booked our dates Sept. 1st to 7th. Best bang for the buck with 6 people was the FW cabins. We love FW.(have stayed there 2xs) FD came out:banana: moved us to As sports because thats all I could get. Today I moved us to POP because we have never stayed there and I love cheesecake:rotfl2: So bottom line..booked 2 rooms at POP for ME, DH, DS 18, DS 16, DD 12, and DD 6. LOTS to CELEBRATE this year. A graduation from high school, a 16th bday, a 13th bday, a 40th bday and 20 yr anniversary!:cheer2:

I can say that when I went with my sisters and we had a twin size blow up mattress, it DID NOT fit between the bed and the wall by the bathroom. The only place it fit was where the table and chairs are. We had to move the table and chairs to by the bathroom and put the mattress there. This was before the refurb so I guess it's possible it could fit there, but I doubt it will fit anywhere but the bottom of the bed where the table and chairs are.

I would have to agree, it is NOT going to fit between the bed and the bathroom wall. We were just at POP this past Xmas, so recent. We WERE able to fit two air mattresses in there NO PROBLEM though. Both airbeds were at the foot of the double beds. We did not move any furniture and had no issues. During the day, we slid both air mattresses in the space between the bed and the bathroom wall.

Well my journey landed me here.:cool1: Journey began with a few site searches for a trip in the fall. PIN was sent via snail mail for 30% off . I called asap and booked our dates Sept. 1st to 7th. Best bang for the buck with 6 people was the FW cabins. We love FW.(have stayed there 2xs) FD came out:banana: moved us to As sports because thats all I could get. Today I moved us to POP because we have never stayed there and I love cheesecake:rotfl2: So bottom line..booked 2 rooms at POP for ME, DH, DS 18, DS 16, DD 12, and DD 6. LOTS to CELEBRATE this year. A graduation from high school, a 16th bday, a 13th bday, a 40th bday and 20 yr anniversary!:cheer2:

Congrats!! :cool1: POP is so much fun and with your crew, and all your special celebrations, it promises to be a guaranteed great time!! :cheer2:

And the cheesecake is one of the many great reasons to pick POP! :hippie: Having two rooms is a plus!

Hi! Agree with other posters ... have seen beach balls, noodles, and small inner tubes used. :goodvibes

Have not seen a air mattress .. would think that would be a big no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter