POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #5 ~ Sept 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 days till I'll be at PoP!!! can;t wait! suitcase is out and im starting to pack!!!:cool1::cool1:

Now lets just hope the next 13 days fly by!!

:woohoo: And the days will fly by! Have an awesome time! :hippie:

MICKEYNMINNIE...
we are going the same day...anxious is not the word...Can HARDLY WAIT..

remember that dis people wear a little lime green ribbon on their back packs or fanny packs or something to recognize that they are DIS PEOPLE>..
Maybe we will bump into some Dis people..
HAVE FUN

Have a wonderful time! And I love the lime green ribbon idea for the back packs. Will have to do this on my next trip. :thumbsup2

I put my lime green Mickey heads into my extra souvenir WDW luggage tags, and then attached one to my stroller and one to my backpack. I needed to cut them a little bit but slipping them into the plastic sleeve worked great.

jcarwash ... a great idea for displaying the lime green mickey heads.:thumbsup2

We have officially booked POP for June. Can't wait!

:banana::banana: June will be here before you know it!

Either way, my 14 year old sister and I are SUPER excited to decorate at POP!! Does anyone know the size of the door and windows? Just trying to make sure we got enough stuff (without getting too much!):banana:

Hi! :goodvibes The size of the window is 37 3/4" x 59". Not sure about the door but if i had to hazard a guess perhaps 36" x 76". :) As a reminder, the doors are metal. :goodvibes

Hi! :goodvibes The size of the window is 37 3/4" x 59". Not sure about the door but if i had to hazard a guess perhaps 36" x 76". :) As a reminder, the doors are metal. :goodvibes

Janet, thanks so much for your answer on the window and door size. Can you confirm whether it is ok to decorate the outside surface of your room door? I wasn't sure if I was going to do this, but I :love: the idea of decorating our window for Halloween. It is great that the room door is metal, as I want to get some magnetic clips so that we can hang our hats on the inside of the door.

I am putting way too much thought into this...but still trying to decide on building and room requests. :rolleyes1 Last time we went we used a TA and she made the room request and it was awesome. Now I feel pressured to do the same...:worried:

I am torn between ground floor and upper levels - we are renting a stroller, at the parks, I know its cheaper elsewhere, but we our DD6 has asthma and I want her to be able to sit if necessary with the August heat and humidity. However, but she and DS8 are troopers and will be able to walk from buses at night, it wil just be our PEANUT DD2 that we will have to carry. But I don't think I want to worry about finding an elevator or taking the stairs late at night...

We have a standard room, but I would like to be near a pool (thinking Hippy Dippy because of sprays and kiddie pool)...but I'd also like to be near the buses...and I don't want unpacking and repacking to be a huge hike with the three kids!!!!! Argh!!!! :confused::confused::confused: too many decisions!

Someone just tell me what to do!!! :worship:

And when can online check in be completed?

Thank you all!!!!

I put my lime green Mickey heads into my extra souvenir WDW luggage tags, and then attached one to my stroller and one to my backpack. I needed to cut them a little bit but slipping them into the plastic sleeve worked great.

Ok, I mis-read the other post the first time so now I know that I need to go get lime green ribbon - that will be much easier also. And we don't have or need a stroller.

I am putting way too much thought into this...but still trying to decide on building and room requests. :rolleyes1 Last time we went we used a TA and she made the room request and it was awesome. Now I feel pressured to do the same...:worried:

I am torn between ground floor and upper levels - we are renting a stroller, at the parks, I know its cheaper elsewhere, but we our DD6 has asthma and I want her to be able to sit if necessary with the August heat and humidity. However, but she and DS8 are troopers and will be able to walk from buses at night, it wil just be our PEANUT DD2 that we will have to carry. But I don't think I want to worry about finding an elevator or taking the stairs late at night...

We have a standard room, but I would like to be near a pool (thinking Hippy Dippy because of sprays and kiddie pool)...but I'd also like to be near the buses...and I don't want unpacking and repacking to be a huge hike with the three kids!!!!! Argh!!!! :confused::confused::confused: too many decisions!

Someone just tell me what to do!!! :worship:

And when can online check in be completed?

Thank you all!!!!

We will be there in August also :) Online check in is 10 days prior to your stay :)

If you want to be near the kiddie pool I would suggest a standard room in the 60's but make it a specific building and add ground floor as you request the back end of the 50's isnt too far either . Check out the map on the first page . It looks like the only standard room are in the back of 50's building #3 some are rather close to 60's preferred :) and 60's buildings #4 & #5 the tail back ends which if you get a room in the bends of either wouldnt be far at all . You could send a fax with your requests also and ask to be as close to the main building and kiddie pools as possible. We have a standard Pool View and requested the 50's section we were in 90's last year and loved it but havent been in the 50's in awhile so we requested that section this time :)

Ohhh, reading all the planned trips for this summer makes my Yurkey trip for this Nov seem so far:worried:. I hope everyones trip this summer is as fun as ours was in 2011, remeber lots of water and breaks:worried: it will be so much fun:cool1:. I will be waiting to hear all about your fun.

Janet, thanks so much for your answer on the window and door size. Can you confirm whether it is ok to decorate the outside surface of your room door? I wasn't sure if I was going to do this, but I :love: the idea of decorating our window for Halloween. It is great that the room door is metal, as I want to get some magnetic clips so that we can hang our hats on the inside of the door.

I have seen the doors decorated so I say yes. ::yes:: And having the magnetic clips is a good idea for inside the door, for hats, keys, ADR list, maps, lanyards, etc. :goodvibes

Just wanted to let everyone know that Janet is working on the new FQA thread and should have it up and running by tonight.:yay:

It has been great fun, but I won't be co-hosting this time - will be stopping in to visit now and then for sure! :thumbsup2

Janet, I can hardly wait to see the new Thread - know it will be fabulous!:cool1: :hug:

Just wanted to let everyone know that Janet is working on the new FQA thread and should have it up and running by tonight.:yay:

It has been great fun, but I won't be co-hosting this time - will be stopping in to visit now and then for sure! :thumbsup2

Janet, I can hardly wait to see the new Thread - know it will be fabulous!:cool1: :hug:

Yeah for the new thread.

35 days until we checkin at POP. My family is so excited. We are doing a split stay for the first time ever, the first 4 nights at pop then some at the Wilderness lodge. The WL stay is a surprise for my wife. she has no clue! We are both teachers and it has been a rather rough year for teachers in Tennessee. I've read this thread from the beginning numerous times and have learned something new every time. The mods have done a great job with it. Thanks to everyone that has posted.

35 days until we checkin at POP. My family is so excited. We are doing a split stay for the first time ever, the first 4 nights at pop then some at the Wilderness lodge. The WL stay is a surprise for my wife. she has no clue! We are both teachers and it has been a rather rough year for teachers in Tennessee. I've read this thread from the beginning numerous times and have learned something new every time. The mods have done a great job with it. Thanks to everyone that has posted.

The mods have nothing to do with it. Minnie & Nana and Janet B are the hosts of this thread.

Thank you Christine for all your hard work on the last FAQ thread. And a big thanks for being a co-host with me on it. In POP terms, you ROCK!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter