Pop Century prices?

VikingInMouseEars

DIS Veteran
In years past, Pop Century has always been cheaper than the All-Star resort. Now, for the past couple months its just the reverse. Is it just due to AoA? Another reason? Any ideas?

all the values were the same price.

Since Pop is more popular (and so far still is) than the All Stars - Disney has decided to charge more for it.

just demand and supply at work.

same with MK resorts vs Epcot resorts. They charge more for the MK resorts do to demand.

I think it is more popular because it is close to AoA and you can just walk over and enjoy their food court also - which has some great variety.

I'm also pretty sure they try to keep Pop as group-free as possible (class trips, competitions, etc.). At least they did for awhile when it first opened.

Thanks for posting this we are staying at pop in June and I also noticed a price difference..good to know..this is our first stay at a value resort and I am hoping for the best..either way its Disney so I dont think you can go wrong :lmao:

luvallprincesses said:
I'm also pretty sure they try to keep Pop as group-free as possible (class trips, competitions, etc.). At least they did for awhile when it first opened.

I had heard a few months back a bunch a tour groups were now using POP..

Lorilais_mommie said:

When I called two weeks ago to book my October trip, I wanted to book at a Value but I asked the CM a few times about which one was best to avoid cheerleader groups etc. She told me Pop was always the best option for that, because aside from Pop Warner, they always discourage tour groups from staying at Pop or AoA, and put them at the All-Stars instead.

Safe to say I'll be sticking with Pop from now on!

Thanks for posting this we are staying at pop in June and I also noticed a price difference..good to know..this is our first stay at a value resort and I am hoping for the best..either way its Disney so I dont think you can go wrong :lmao:

Even with Pop costing more now than the All-stars, we love it and have booked it again for Sept.

When I called two weeks ago to book my October trip, I wanted to book at a Value but I asked the CM a few times about which one was best to avoid cheerleader groups etc. She told me Pop was always the best option for that, because aside from Pop Warner, they always discourage tour groups from staying at Pop or AoA, and put them at the All-Stars instead.

Safe to say I'll be sticking with Pop from now on!

The Pop Warner folks don't stay at Pop Century either, at least they haven't for the past 4 or 5 years that we have been going during Pop Warner week.

VikingInMouseEars said:
The Pop Warner folks don't stay at Pop Century either, at least they haven't for the past 4 or 5 years that we have been going during Pop Warner week.

Oh, how'd I miss that?! Even better!

I agree it definitely seems worth the extra cost. For my October trip it was an extra $8 per night to upgrade to Pop from ASMu, and to avoid the tour groups plus the better bus system, I'd say it's a bargain!

Oh, how'd I miss that?! Even better!

I agree it definitely seems worth the extra cost. For my October trip it was an extra $8 per night to upgrade to Pop from ASMu, and to avoid the tour groups plus the better bus system, I'd say it's a bargain!

How exactly is the bus system better from Pop Century?

Also, does anyone know when the cheerleaders are invading this year? Thanks.

Davey Jones II said:
How exactly is the bus system better from Pop Century?

Some view it as a negative that the Allstars sometimes share buses during the slower part of the day.

Also, Pop Century is in a different county than the All Stars...so tax rates are different. One is 13 and one is 12, I believe. I cannot remember if All Stars is supposed to be cheaper or more expensive due to this, though...

Also, Pop Century is in a different county than the All Stars...so tax rates are different. One is 13 and one is 12, I believe. I cannot remember if All Stars is supposed to be cheaper or more expensive due to this, though...

The tax at All Stars is higher (different county). That's why they used to be a little higher than Pop. Two years ago Disney raised the rack rate at Pop more than they raised it at All Stars, making Pop more expensive.

the manager say he would do everything possible to discourage this.

have been told repeated that if any group cheers, shouts or just makes a fuss - to call them.

they will send security immediately. All stars will ignore these calls - they need the groups to make money. Pop does not.

big difference.

after 10 pm is quiet time and think it goes to 8 am - not sure about the morning hours just ask when you check in.

The tax at All Stars is higher (different county). That's why they used to be a little higher than Pop. Two years ago Disney raised the rack rate at Pop more than they raised it at All Stars, making Pop more expensive.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

FYI- PW HAS been at Pop in previous years.:cheer2:

On Feb. 8-11 there were many many tour groups. And some were very ill behaved, throwing stuff in the food court.

On Feb. 8-11 there were many many tour groups. And some were very ill behaved, throwing stuff in the food court.

ask for the phone number at the front desk of security - then call them if you see this happen again.

they can be thrown out of Pop for that silly stuff.

Okay, but in your experience, are the wait times for the buses shorter at POP, and do you get to and from the parks faster?

for me the wait times were definitely the less of any WDW resorts and have stayed at most of them (except GF don't like it).

WDW is strange - they don't always have their buses going the most direct route.

hoping they have changed.

Pop should be able to get to Studio in less than 3-5 minutes. to epcot in around 5-8 minutes - but with WDW picking the routes don't know. MK should be around 8-15 minutes. AK is not far either - about 5-8 minutes.

the manager say he would do everything possible to discourage this.

have been told repeated that if any group cheers, shouts or just makes a fuss - to call them.

they will send security immediately. All stars will ignore these calls - they need the groups to make money. Pop does not.

big difference.

after 10 pm is quiet time and think it goes to 8 am - not sure about the morning hours just ask when you check in.

I think quiet hours are 11pm to 7am. I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure those are the hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts