Pool side manners

Status
Not open for further replies.
LI thought I knew shedding and then I got a Newfoundland!

So true! Our Spencer left us a little over 1 year ago but we still find his fur around the house. And I'm sure we inadvertently left some in WDW and literally anywhere we ever went.

Love my dog, but would never want to take him on vacation unless it was some rustic cabin in the woods or by a lake. But talk about hair and shedding. I thought I knew shedding and then I got a Newfoundland!
:laughing: Love NFLD dogs. The cutest little bears. But yes, they do shed. And i agree with you btw. I would never take my golden shedding machine on vacay unless it was something like a cottage by the lake.

Huh? Is there part of the post missing? Your first sentence says "so THIS is why I found dog hair on my recliner."
What is THIS? The subject title of the post sure doesn't give any clues. It's like you left out half the info of your post or something
Agreed. Its a very strange 1st post. More info would be lovely!

YES to this! I grew up with a dog, but sadly I'm now allergic. My BIL and SIL have a "hypoallergenic" dog (a Golden Doodle) and they're always insisting I can't be allergic and I have to keep explaining to them that it's the dander, not the hair! And yes, I've had reactions from their dog! And I'm definitely allergic to the saliva because I will break out in hives if a dog licks me. It makes me sad because I used to love petting dogs but now I really just try to stay clear of them.
Our dog is a Havenese and she is supposed to be hypoallergenic as well. However, it is my belief (any only just that - my belief) that a dog is only hypoallergenic if they don't move. :rotfl2: As soon as they step into the grass, etc. (which I am allergic to) they are no longer hypoallergenic. Actually, my poor dog has allergies too. I let her play in a tub of water after our walks in the grass to help rinse off the allergens. She loves it!

Stayed at POR, don't remember seeing any trace of a dog the whole time. I forgot that was even one of the dog friendly resorts.

Stayed at POR, don't remember seeing any trace of a dog the whole time. I forgot that was even one of the dog friendly resorts.
Same. I’ll also add that I don’t recall seeing any dogs in the parks. And we were there over President’s day weekend, an extremely crowded time of year!

I have such mixed feeling about this. I love that service dogs are available to people who need them. I have allergies, but I take a Zyrtec every day on vacation and carry Benedryl just in case. Service dogs are a blessing to people who need them and I would never want them denied that.

What I do have an issue with is people who take their "comfort dogs" with them just because they cannot be denied. In some cases (true mental health concerns, Autism, sensory disorders, etc) it makes sense. I do feel a lot of people take advantage, simply by looking at how they treat their "beloved comfort animal".

It is not possible for Disney to please everybody. SWA pulled peanuts from their plane for a small minority. How would Disney be able to satisfy allergies over a medical need?

Comfort dogs are not covered under ADA, and can be kicked out of businesses. Doesn't matter the diagnosis of the owner, a comfort dog is not supposed to be given the rights of an ADA service animal.

Airborne peanut allergies on a place are much more dangerous to deal with than at a theme park. It makes sense to remove the top airborne allergens from a metal tube in the sky that recirculates the air as it flies. That's a whole different situation than a theme park, don't you think?

So this is why I found dog hair on the recliner chair. Not to mention if any kids have allergies to dogs. I love dogs, I have 2 and their vacation is not cheap. I am on vacation and don't take my dogs with me or want to wonder if I'm gonna step in any land mines.
Get over it. If you think a dog hair is the worst thing you were encountering on that chair you are sorely mistaken.

Comfort dogs are not covered under ADA, and can be kicked out of businesses. Doesn't matter the diagnosis of the owner, a comfort dog is not supposed to be given the rights of an ADA service animal.

Airborne peanut allergies on a place are much more dangerous to deal with than at a theme park. It makes sense to remove the top airborne allergens from a metal tube in the sky that recirculates the air as it flies. That's a whole different situation than a theme park, don't you think?

What I said was lost on you, but it is not worth an argument.... not like the opinions of people on a message board will change anything. ;)

Last edited:
:laughing: Love NFLD dogs. The cutest little bears. But yes, they do shed. And i agree with you btw. I would never take my golden shedding machine on vacay unless it was something like a cottage by the lake.
We had a golden mixed with a lab. He had the long fur and "look" of a golden, but was black. He shedded, but nothing like my newfie

We had a golden mixed with a lab. He had the long fur and "look" of a golden, but was black. He shedded, but nothing like my newfie
Very interesting that your newfie sheds more than your golden mix. I wonder why? Either way, theyre so cute. :)

Try having 4 Maine Coons!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I did have one! Her fur was like Velcro. I think the biggest difference was her fur was all over the blankets which did NOT come out in the wash and our newf's fur is all over the floor, which is pretty easy to clean up. However our newf does have 2 blowouts a years which involves major amounts of fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter